Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Classic Tiki Mugs.. worth $7 each?

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

M

This list got long fast! just in case the warehouse find is large enough, I too would like a set. Thanks for sharing!!

T

Funny, isn't it, the guy / gal who could get the golden 7 dollar mugs hasn't chime back inn!!!

T

On 2008-05-13 09:54, TikiLaLe wrote:
Funny, isn't it, the guy / gal who could get the golden 7 dollar mugs hasn't chime back inn!!!

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe a really late April fools?

[ Edited by: thefuzz 2008-05-13 10:09 ]

I'll take one of each. PM me if this comes to light.

8T

OK boys and girls, let's be patient. Not that he needs to be defended but I-Tiki IS a Grand Member and has been on TC for nearly 4 years.

On 2008-05-10 11:37, I-Tiki wrote:
would you shell out $7 each if you were in my sandles. If so, and if there is enough interest, I will buy the whole lot and just charge shipping above the per unit cost.
What do you think??

He wanted to know if there was enough interest and I think he can judge for himself. Keep in mind that he was contacted via Freecycle and may not be getting quick communication with the offering party. If he is able to obtain these mugs it will be quite a chore to pack and ship the requests we have made in this thread but the offer was made by I-Tiki and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't trust that his word is good. Let's just hope he can make the deal and maybe get some other info about the restaurant too. Fingers crossed.

Doubt there is any room left on the list...but if there is I'll take one of each...or one of whatever is left!

faint hope: one of each please. Thanks.

Two of each for me, please!
Mahaloz!

whatever is left (one of ech if possible) overseas please.

I would like one of everything you can get on this deal. Don't hestitate to contact me. Dale

A bowl would be awesome or even a mug. Mahalo!

K

I'll take a bowl, if there are any left! Thanks!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, May 20, 2008 11:19 AM

Hola,
One of each por favor. I have the best collection of spanish VINTAGE MUGS, maybe we can trade if you want.
Gracias!

T

Hello...7 dollar mug guy...yous home ?

I agree, after two weeks of making such a gracious public offer, a little update would be appropriate. Even if it's the restaurant connection that is dragging its feet. Or other circumstances have come into play. To make that many people hopeful carries a certain responsibility.

If it turns out to be a prank, (which I don't think it is), one can only wonder what people get out of such an endeavor. It makes them feel superior cause they fooled a bunch of trusting folks? What an achievement! I never understood that mentality...

Or if I-Tiki decided to take back his offer, and make more money on the find (which would not come as a surprise in this day and age), he still would owe the board the courtesy of a post about that decision.

I would like to reiterate that my interest in this find is not primarily in the "deal" of getting any mugs, but in the hope of discovering vintage material of a yet unmapped Tiki temple (if it ever was one, and not just a Chinese place merely serving tropical drinks)

On 2008-05-10 11:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
.....But what is equally important is that you made an owner connection with a closed down Tiki temple, one that SOUNDS really enticing.....
It might have been a Chinese place, but PLEASE ask the person from when to when it existed, and if they have ANY paper ephemera left from it: Menus, matchbooks, postcards. any photos of the interior and exterior, any newspaper write ups...all this should be preserved and shared!

It would be unfortunate if a change in plans in regards to the mug deal would prevent hearing and seeing more of the place itself.

Just got my "Ghastly One" in the mail Saturday. I gotta say it is a way cool sculpt!!!!it has a really solid glaze and I agree it feels real good in your hand. I will definitely break it in this Memorial Day -
You should definitely add this mug to your collection, it is a real winner.

I think we need a signature cocktail for this mug!

T

On 2008-05-26 04:13, jpmartdog wrote:
Just got my "Ghastly One" in the mail Saturday. I gotta say it is a way cool sculpt!!!!it has a really solid glaze and I agree it feels real good in your hand. I will definitely break it in this Memorial Day -
You should definitely add this mug to your collection, it is a real winner.

I think we need a signature cocktail for this mug!

JP,
I think you are in the wrong thread??????????

B

I'm kind of late to the party but if there are any left put me down for one of each.
Thanks.
Buster
ps love the pug pugtiki

wow... that's freaky - how did that happen.

sorry 7 dollar mug guy, didn't mean to misspost on your thread.

LT

Any updates?

T

Maybe this was to have been originaly posted to "Collecting Tiki"?

T

The first post in this thread was that users last post on these forums. My guess is that he was driving to pick up this stash and a giant maoi on the side of the road fell over and crushed him in his car. Then the person that was going to sell these to him decided he didn't come by because they were junk and threw them all way. So they're all sitting in pieces in a landfill now.

Either that or he decided to sell them all on eBay :D

On 2008-05-10 11:37, I-Tiki wrote:
. . would you shell out $7 each if you were in my sandles. If so, and if there is enough interest, I will buy the whole lot and just charge shipping above the per unit cost.

Obviously there hasn't been enough interest expressed yet. :)'

LT

On 2008-06-18 10:39, SilverLine wrote:

Obviously there hasn't been enough interest expressed yet. :)'

I think there's more than enough interest to justify an update.

I think TikiTres is on it. He's not coming back. Oh well..

I'm beginning to think somebody had one to many Mai Tai's.. :wink: oh well.. I need to build a bigger shelf anyways, running out of room... "I'm hooked".. :)

AlohA

T

Just talk to 7 dollar mug guy.... and he told me

R

and $7 mug guy told you????

T

That the answer was 42!?!

LT

On 2008-06-20 14:22, thefuzz wrote:
That the answer was 42!?!

$42 - available on eBay.

T

It's odd that the original poster "I-Tiki" never posted anything after this.

BK

Chuck L. Head!

T

I -Tiki..got caught stuffing 10 lbs. of shit in a 5 lb. bag!!
We all try it from time to time... sum times it work sum time it don't!

Pages: 1 2 81 replies