Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki hospital room.

Pages: 1 17 replies

My name is Joe I am a resident of eleven years at The Rockcastle Hospital and Respiratory Care Center, Inc. Its a not-for-profit community hospital that operates inpatient and outpatient acute care programs, 79 long-term care beds for ventilator-dependent patients, a home health care service and Medical Arts Building.

http://rockcastlehospital.org/home.php

I am truly not the typical example of an ordinary resident.

I am a cartoonist/illustrator and I work in my little room. I earn a very small wages that allow me to afford some comforts. I am currently doing artwork for the movie "It Came from Trafalgar" a Solomon Mortamur epic horror film.

http://www.itcamefromtrafalgar.com/

Thats just a small introduction of myself. I love tiki and all that it is. I am starting a new project, converting my room into my own sanctuary...a tiki hospital room. I am in the begining stages its hard work but its actually starting out pretty good. I hope to have pictures sometime soon. If are ever in the neighborhood drop by room #218. Its always good to have visitors.

C

welcome to Tiki Central! I am looking forward to seeing what you do to your room. Best of luck with your tiki transformation.

Welcome to TC. If you surf around this site, you will surely get some really great ideas for decorating your residence. Checked out the websites...that 29 Ford is awesome and looks like your digs are the best to be had in your state. I have been working on my lounge for 2 years...it isn't anything fancy, but it does take forethought and time to make it your own style. Have fun and if you can post pictures along the way that is great. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome...aloha to my nw friends.

Hi Joe- Welcome! It's nice to meet you and to see your cool work.

Hi Joe VM,
This is too cool! It's pretty awesome that the hospital will let you do this. How far will they let you go (paint walls, move in furniture)? I used to work in a residential hospital and the administration there was too afraid to let anyone do anything for fear of a fire.

Looking forward to seeing your transformation. Hope you took before pictures because I'm sure it will look awesome afterward.

O

Well so far they've let me do as i wish. I share my room with a roommate so my space is very limited. I have a night stand that is where i putsome of my collection. I think it will be a huge process. At the moment I really dont have any tiki mugs. They are fairly costly and I have to take care of basic needs first...clothes and food, especially food(hospital food isn't the greatest of cuisines). I have some little plastic tiki cups. I hope by next week to have some pictures posted. Thank you for the interest and the warm welcome. I could use some suggestions in naming my tiki space. talk to ya all later.

S

Hey Joe,

Just from a Respiratory Therapist point of view, I have to ask why you are in this hospital? I used to receive job offers from there. Loved your art work. Welcome to Tiki Central.

thank you for the comment on my artwork...I have muscular dystrophy..We need R.T. here as many as possible.

What the hell.......Did I just hear......No Tiki Mugs???????

Well Mr. Joe von monstersteiner, send me a personal message through here and I will make sure I send you a Tiki Mug to add to your collection!!
Can't have you in that hospital there with no ceramic mugs!!
The plastic ones are for your roommate!

As for naming your space, check out the thread here under "Creating Tiki" as I believe there was a long list of names and ideas which you may like or something might jump out at yah.

Keep your art going!! Nice stuff!

Seriously, send me your address through PM here and I will send you a Tiki Mug all the way here from BC, Canada!!!

Take care, Mahalo, TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2008-05-15 22:19 ]

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2008-05-16 14:12 ]

Fasten your seat belt.

H

Unga, did I tell you I am so happy you are not leaving.

I am a cartoonist there are a lot of very talented artist on here I am just a humble cartoonist that couldn't hold a candle to these other artist but for my new family online here I have gift to you. Its a drawing i did of a shrunken head feel free to print it off. I'm also working on a tiki drawing for you all too. If you like them or hang up let me know. If you dont like the backgrounds and want a diffrent color background to suit you let me know.
Peace, love, & tiki
J. Von Monstersteiner
PS I sign my drawings in my real name.

Oh and today I took some pictures of what decorations Ive added to my room. Please be kind my room is in its infancy. I'll post the pictures later.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 20:31 ]

nope i'm Joseph "Von Monstersteiner" Adams

That shrunken head is gorgeous...and ya can't go wrong with a leopard background in my opinion. Thanks for permission to print a copy. Great job!!!!

Thank you i'm glad you liked...Here is my latest tiki feel free to print it off if you want.

Pages: 1 17 replies