Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Al Basrah, Iraq area Tiki anything?

Pages: 1 5 replies

T
Thor posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2003 12:05 PM

I have some friends travelling to the Middle East in a few weeks and they are interested in drinking some refreshing Mai-Tais at the end of their business trip. Does anyone know of anything in southern Iraq, preferably near the Kuwait border?

M

My Brother did some flying in the area about 12 years ago, he and a bunch of his co-workers from Lemoore, not Hanford. No Tikis, but he did come back with a box of Cubans from the UAE for me.

Trader Vic's is certainly a crowd pleaser in the ME. I think there are several in UAE and one in Egypt.

I will go to Aqaba!
Midnite of Arabia

T

Here's the list of restaurants. I guess it's current. http://www.tradervics.com/restaur1.htm

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-03-03 14:06 ]

I've a pal I see year to year at the Wild Weekend who told me how he made a visit to Iraq to see his uncle and was utterly amazed to discover a Tiki bar in his basement.

Whether your business friends get an invite or not all depends on how 'smart' the bombs are, I guess.

Trader Woody

AH dogs parts, I diddn't think to check if there was a Trader Vic's in the middle east, my brother works as a steam engineer on oil tankers and his ship was in drydock in Dubai for a month. He could have been getting me gifts from trader vic's.

Pages: 1 5 replies