Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin Menehunes at KONA (formerly SAM'S) 6-15-2008

Pages: 1 22 replies

This just in! Hot off the Bong Press! The Smokin Menehunes will be performing at KONA in Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, June 15. KONA is the new name for the Tiki Temple formerly known as SAM's or SAM'S Seafood. The new owners are very interested in keeping the "Tiki" theme alive. Let's show them our TC support and stop by for some good music and atmosphere and of course, grog and pupus!

Kona (Sam's Seafood)
16278 South Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA, 92649
(562) 592-1321

"If you're looking for a South Pacific island escape, KONA is your place. Formerly, Sam's Seafood had been a landmark of Sunset Beach with its swordfish sign and large A-frame entryway. Under new ownership, KONA provides a fun Polynesian atmosphere. Parking isn't a problem in their very large lot. They also have two large themed multipurpose rooms for any occasion or luau."

:(
Terrill and I will be at Hukilau!
Play there A LOT please!!!!
if you haven't seen these gents play
you're missing out!
I always have a constant smile whenever i hear them.....
Best band to dance with Doug Horne to!

T

On 2008-06-03 11:05, little lost tiki wrote:
:(
Terrill and I will be at Hukilau!
Play there A LOT please!!!!
if you haven't seen these gents play
you're missing out!
I always have a constant smile whenever i hear them.....
Best band to dance with Doug Horne to!

Here Hear !!! I agree on all counts, except for the Dancing with Doug Horne part...I've yet to try that....

Break a leg guys, I'll still be in Florida

Everyone else who isn't going to Hukilau, Go to this !

R

Sounds like a great time. Are they playing during the "Brunch" or later in the afternoon/evening. I'd ask Bong, but he's banned. Of course, the Menehunes have never been so popular so it is probably a good thing.

R

Just a little update:

I just spoke to Bong, he said that they are playing in the evening, starting at 7pm.

[ Edited by: Riptide 2008-06-03 12:05 ]

TM

On 2008-06-03 11:36, Riptide wrote:
I'd ask Bong, but he's banned. it is probably a good thing.

Yeah, 'cause there is no telling what he may say or post!!

D

Yes Tiki and the South Sea Island themes are alive and well at KONA. Sam's Seafood old place is ready for a rebirth! The Smokin Menehunes on Fathers Day the 15th at 7pm. For those of you who will be missing out while at the Hukilau they have scheduled The Tikiyaki Orchestra Friday, July 11 and the 25th! The Sunday Luau Brunch features Tupua, an 8 person music and dance group and brunch with free flowing Champagne is only $26.95. Come on by and say hi to Chuck the owner. Aloha

sweeeeet,
will be there for all of those shows.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Actually,

The Tikiyaki Orchestra is only booked for the 11th. We will be annnouncing Full details for this show soon.

Sorry, didn't mean to crash the Menehunes Thread....Everyone needs to check them out on the 15th for sure.

R

Is it this Sunday yet?
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Menehunes again at Sa----, I mean Kona. I guess I need to say, I'm looking forward to seeing the Menehunes again for the first time at Kona. I hope this is the start of a new tradition.

T

Looks like I'll be flying solo since the wife will be out of town AGAIN. See ya Sunday.

I'm so there,
See all of you then.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BettyBleu and I are going to try and make it- not "for sure" yet since it is on Father's day!

T

Will they be playing in the bar or the main dining area?

From what I've heard they will be playing in the bar :)

T

Thanks WOO HOO!

I'm takin my dad for fathers day
kill 2 birds with one stone (Moai)
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

If you get to Kona's before 6:00pm you can order from The Sunset Menu:

Sunset Menu
Available Tuesday thru Sunday 4pm to 6pm
Your Choice $10.95
Add our housemade Corn Chowder Soup, Chef’s Soup of the Season or our KONA Chop Salad or CZar side Salad for only $1.95.

Fish & Chips
Panko crusted Baja Sole, served with garlic tarter sauce,
skinny fries and South Pacific Slaw

Island Chicken
Boneless breast of chicken broiled with Teriyaki glaze,
served with sticky rice and veggie stir-fry

Miso Marinated Flank Steak
Half pound grilled flank steak served with garlic mashed
potato and veggie stir-fry

Blackened Mahi Fish Tacos
Two tacos overflowing with blackened Mahi Mahi served with mango salsa, Chipotle mayo and skinny fries.

Sweet & Sour glazed Salmon
Very fresh Atlantic Salmon served with garlic
mashed potato and veggie stir-fry

Shrimp Ceviche Salad
Our Aloha Shrimp Ceviche, and Fresh Avocado with Fresh Greens tossed in our Cherry Tomato Salsa and Crispy Won Ton Chips.

YEAH! I'm glad you're playing in the evening, becuase I actually might be able to make it! (all depending on when I get off work)

How many sets are you guys planning on doing?

TM

We usually play about two sets.
I realize this is Father's day, but it might be (like BTD said) an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone God.
Bring your parents! As has often been said about our band, "this is your grandfather's music", a sentiment I agree with! The older folks might really like it!
We intend to play here often, and in fact, are doing a private party there the night before...if you happen to wander in on Saturday.....

R

Looking forward to a nice, relaxing end to my Father's Day.

Hope to see a lot of the TCers there in the bar @ 7pm.

well was that a nice intimate setting or what?

I guess all of so cal is at Hukilau.

great gig guys, good to see Riptide and
Betty Bleu, and Polynesian Pam there too.

Next Sun. at Busters in LB right?
4 pm?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-06-16 13:58 ]

My wife got an earlier flight home from Northern CA. and had to pick her up at the airport. She was too tired to do anything yesterday. Oh well, their's always next time.

Pages: 1 22 replies