Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

where's the book!

Pages: 1 13 replies

RH

Has anyone noticed the massive amount of combined artistic talent on this 'site?

Of course you have... SO WHY HASN'T SOMEONE MADE A BOOK OF IT YET?

I don't know about you guys, but I like the mix of talent we have here more than any Tiki art book I've ever seen.

If I had the time and finances, I'd do it myself. I don't even have the time to gather examples of the best work for this post, so please:

Would someone(s) out there post examples of the great work we have here?

Question:

Is it possible to combine our resources and MAKE A BOOK HAPPEN?

[ Edited by: Robb Hamel 2008-06-04 08:35 ]

Hanford should just send the whole website to the printer's. (Maybe exclude the Photo Association thread.) Bound up, what could it run, 1500, 1600 pages? That's like a Michener novel.

Great idea!
I'll throw in $20!
Who's with me?
But.....
Make it mostly art and pictures so GROG can read it!
He likes Art Books a LOT!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 4, 2008 10:15 AM

T

I tried once to have anyone (artist) to post their couple favorite works of art and no one would do it. Maybe at some point, I'll just post for them. Yeah

On 2008-06-04 10:22, teaKEY wrote:
I tried once to have anyone (artist) to post their couple favorite works of art and no one would do it. Maybe at some point, I'll just post for them. Yeah

Here's my favorite GROG artwork!

hey teaKey I totally missed the post about everyones favoite pieces of art Bump it for us. cause mabe it will happen now. As someone who has ben in a couplf of books about tik art I think that Robb is right a TC book of art would be super nova! Lest do it!!!! Dawn

In the meantime while waiting for this book to never come out, I suggest looking at Otto's Tiki Art Now books. There are plenty of Tiki Central artists in these as well as other artists who don't need constant coddling and ass kissing. :lol:

How about a Swizzler Book?
:lol:

can't wait for tiki central: the movie :D

RH

I like(and own)the Tiki Art Now books, but if things haven't evolved in the two years since the publication of #3, we are involved in a dying art form.

[ Edited by: Robb Hamel 2008-06-05 05:59 ]

On 2008-06-04 11:31, Bora Boris wrote:
In the meantime while waiting for this book to never come out, I suggest looking at Otto's Tiki Art Now books. There are plenty of Tiki Central artists in these as well as other artists who don't need constant coddling and ass kissing. :lol:

Nuff sed. Otto's books are damn cool, and that's not an ass kiss either. Create art for the love of it. Stagger onward rejoicing.

To add to that, maybe TC is really mostly for the first level of artisans. Once they move to the next level many artists don't need it anymore except as advertising. Carry on.

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jun 5, 2008 8:45 AM

I know that Gecko and Tiki tOny only pop up once in awhile. Too busy making art but I haven't seen much new art from Tony in awhile. Maybe until he has sell-outs on all his mugs will he make some more. I guess people just get busy with life

[posted teaKEY 2007-06-02]

"think that this is a great idea. I'm one of those Magazine guys over a book guy, cause I like tons of pictures. Usually a good picture will draw me in to read or wanting to know about it.

There are so many good pics scattered around TC and TC is probably the best place for top/ interesting tiki photos. I'm proposing a Showcase thread in Collecting (or where ever) with member's top two or three(if different mediums)maybe four pics of what they think is their best work.

Just to open this up to many more TCers, collector top commissions (2or3) and/or top finds.

If you have a new favorite piece, you edit your post and replace an old pic with the new"

[posted teaKEY 2007-06-02]

link Link to Showform photos

Good way to show work and add a link to contact.

Pages: 1 13 replies