Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

showing my work ....New stuff on page 2

Pages: 1 20 replies

Hello ,
I am new and a little lost @ this whole posting thing i want to show some pictures of my work.
I am knew to carving but have been an artist all my life . my back ground was in skin i am a tattooer
a painter ,but i have found a new love .I have some bone carvings i would like to share and some knifes i have carved. i have been trying this new art form for about six months . anyway there are some great carvers here Hats of to you all!!!!!!!!!! i am going to try to post some pictures.Sorry about the pic cheap camera
thanks
J

[ Edited by: Slave2Tiki 2008-06-23 17:23 ]

Nice work, Jay! I like the first one the best.
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your tattoo work, too. Any tiki?

thanks for the reply
I have moore pics to post ill scan the tonight .
i have a tiki cover up on my self im working on .
ill post a before and after when im threw.
J

On 2008-06-07 09:12, 4WDtiki wrote:
Nice work, Jay! I like the first one the best.
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your tattoo work, too. Any tiki?

Ditto...that first one is awesome. Nice work. Welcome to TC. :)

Dude those are awsome, welcome to TC!

Kia ora J - Welcome to TC. Thanks for showing us your bones, Im hooked.. :wink:

Maybe you could answer a question thats buzzed my mind on occasion: do you find any similarity between using a tattoo gun & using an electric carving handpiece..? Im aware of the differences between the disciplines, but as someone familiar with both tools Id be interested to hear your thoughts.. (just a hangover from the childhood fantasy of being a tattooist - we didnt all want to be firemen did we?)
BTW, youll find fellow bonescrapers and tattooists at TC if youre looking for them.

My fave is the 2nd-to-last matau/hook, the thinnest one, very cool.

Any TIKIs?

Very nice and welcome to TC!! Keep em coming!!

Thanks for the reply s vampiress,tikifreak ,tikiduddy
Tama I use almost the same formula as tattooing .
the only differences for me is im used to a up and down motion
verses an circle motion and the bites i have are way bigger than my needles.
i made my own machines they are one piece solid bronze very heavy machine,
my tubes for lining and shading are 1" in diameter i don't use round needles to color as i am used to making my own magnums

B

Wow, Excellent Stuff Jay, And WELCOME to Tiki Central or TC as we call her, You'll fit right in here I have a feeling. So pull up a chair and get comfortable and Stay awhile. Your works are All Excellent and I'm sure you will find Many new Fans of All your different media tiki. You got the posting pictured down pretty fast and thats the main deal around here so Don't be afraid to post lots of pictures.
Keep'em coming and when you are ready, wander on over to the Marketplace forums and put some of your stuff up for sale!

Thanks Ben
I love your work incredible i am stoked.
here are some more pics

Do i keep posting pics here or do i start new thread

Oh, so there's more!?! Great!

Keep all your carving in the same thread. It's like a portfolio.

J

I just checked this thread out, nice work on both the carvings and tats. Welcome aboard.

Your answer to TTT on the difference between a tattooing and carving was insightful, I've wondered the same thing on occasion.

4WDTiki
Thanks i was a little confused .>>>don't take much
Jonnyp
thanks for the kind words. what makes carving so cool is you have no time limit sent by your customers and there thresh hold of pain . plus it allows my self to go @ my own pace .
I will post some more pics of stuff i have just finished .
critasizum is well appreciated.
best wishes
J

Welcome nice stone work and tiki handles.

Thanks seek..
I have more pics but how do i get ppl to look .
i see posts with an original thread but then it says look @ page 2 for example ..
sucks to be lost

Ok ill try this i have some new stuff i have been working on ..
my version of a taiaha still working it..
And a bone Toki and and some jade i just got .

[ Edited by: Slave2Tiki 2008-06-23 17:30 ]

Awesome work Jay!!! :tiki:

AWESOME to say the least!

B

Excellent stuff Slave and flashing those jade slabs really makes me drool, you're Bad, just Sick.
Love the jade piece to.

Thanks for the kind words
Ben ,Vamp,TikiThomas
Ben i need to cut some pieces off that jade slab...but im using a fordome and a cut off wheel its a pain in the @#&^)((_ ....I was wondering if a Tile saw would be ok for cutting it they seem to be cheap enough with out breaking the bank ... also i need a grinder i seen a ryoby on another post some where on TC with diamond wheels on the but to be honest i dont even no where to start looking for that stuff.. So what i am saying is im lost ...
Jay

Pages: 1 20 replies