Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

fine art tiki at hukilau 2008

Pages: 1 20 replies

A SINFULLY EXOTIC ARRAY OF NEO-PRIMATIVA

Soon you will experience the forbidden "Fine Art" side of Polynesian Pop.This very special final year of the legendary HUKILAU for 2008, features for the first time, a TIKI ART exhibition and sale brought to you by the Harold Golen Gallery of Miami,Florida. Those who have been bitten by the bug of collecting the art of Tiki now have a chance to preview and buy precious works by many renown Tiki Art masters. An exquisite example available now is the painting above, a work by Thorsten Hasenkam titled, STILL LIFE WITH WAHINE , Acrylic on Masonite, 16"x 20" and sells for $1200. However, there will also be a selection of signed prints and original art fitting everyone's budget.

Join us for the opening night reception as the Hukilau 2008 kicks off on June 12th at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel (Clipper Ballroom "B"),1140 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316, (954)524-5551.

Be there from 7:00pm- 9:00pm when the show opens for your chance to choose what you can't live without, before the other Tiki Art hunters move in for the kill first! If you will not be able to make it to the opening reception don't you worry, the show will continue Friday from 10:00am- 6:00pm and Saturday from 10:00am- 2:00pm, in conjunction with the Tiki Bazaar. For a preview and more info, visit haroldgolengallery.com or contact Harold Golen at 305-989-3359. Aloha and see you there...

Artists include Shag, Skot Olsen, Derek Yaniger,Bosko,Thorsten
Hasenkamm, Heather Watts,Tiki Tony, Crazy Al Evans,N!
Satterfield, Lazaro Amaral, Sunny Buick, Sam Gambino, Mitch O'Connell, Kirsten
Easthope, Lisa Petrucci,Dawn Fraiser, Miles Thompson, Scott Scheidly,The Pizz, Aaron
Marshall, Doug Horne, XNO, Joe Vitale, Donella Vitale, Brandon Resse, KRK Ryden, Robb
Hamel, Steve Cambrone, Ken Ruzic, Davey Wong, Dennis Mathewson, Richie
Fahey, Susannah Mosher, Kenny Bernstein, Eric Richardson, Brandon
Dunlap, Mark Atomos Pilon, Netherland, HaiKai Sarnes, Chris
Dean, Alex Meyer, Mike Hoffman, David MacDowell, Jillian Mayer, Michelle
Bicford, Mark Bloom, Maggie Rickard, Arge, Brad Parker, John Kissee, Jonpaul Balak,Dirk Hayes,Rodney Jay Mclellan,Tom Foner, Big Toe

I'm so THERE!
:)

P

There is no Scott Scheidly, there is only Flounder.

Here are a sample of some amazing paintings by Sam Gambino that will be in the FINE ART TIKI show.
more to come...

Here are a few more samples of Sinfully Exotic Art you'll be able to purchase at FINE ART TIKI.

WAHINE WITH GECKO by Lisa Petrucci , TIKI TEMPTRESS by Mith O'Connell , MAIDEN OFFERING by Velvet Glass

more to come...

Mysterious Black Velvets:

DE YONG TRIBUTE #1: DECORATED N.G. SKULL by Crazy Al Evans , FORGOTTEN VALLEY by Robb Hamel , HUON TIKI VISTA by Robb Hamel , JADE TIKI by Heather Watts

K

Oooooh, this looks fabulous!!!!!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2008 6:59 PM

I am stuffing my pockets with cash as my wife files for divorce.
My new tree house will be adorned with the finest art...

some of the unusual...

EXOTICA#5(hand colored photograph) by Richie Fahey , FORBIDDEN PARADISE(hand carved diarama) by Haikai Sarnes, PANDORA'S BOX(lenticular) by Chris Dean

Don't miss a chance to own a piece of the "Super Hip" work of BOSKO!

KEN RUZIC Primitives...

Poly Pop...

PUNCHY by N! Satterfield , AFTER THE LUAU HIS AND HERS by Michelle Bickford, ANGEL HEADED HIPSTER by Sunny Buick

Creepy Cannibals...

TIKI POTION by Davey Wong, TIKI DREAMER by Mike Hoffman , PELE by Brandon Reese

PI

Is the Miami gallery going to be open on Fri and Sat too? We're thinking about squeezing in a few Miami activities.

Hi, the Miami gallery will be closed this weekend since I will be at the Yankee Clipper FINE ART TIKI Show.
However, please register your email address on my site at haroldgolengallery.com so you can receive my newsletter
to keep you informed on all the shows and happenings. The new gallery which promises to be spectacular,should be completed by the end of this year or
the beginning of 2009. The re-grand opening should not be missed and will be worth your while for a short trip to Miami.
Be sure not to miss this show for HUKILAU 2008, see you there...

more Exotica...

THE CARVER by Derek Yaniger, BETTY (HANGOVER) by Mark Atomos Pilon, KANALOA by Susannah Mosher

Pretty dam cool, huh?

FORBIDDEN GILLIGAN'S ISLAND by Ken Bernstein

UH-HUH!
This is gonna QUITE the Tiki Art show!
I hope my head doesn't explode
while soaking in all those Stellar pieces!
Can't wait to meet some of you artistos!

a masterpiece!

KON-TIKI by Skot Olsen

Amazing Mosaics...

BALI EYE by Mark Bloom, FIRE DANCER by Maggie Rickard, GLASS GIRL by Donella Vitale

[ Edited by: HAROLDGOLENGALLERY 2008-06-11 23:10 ]

FINE ART TIKI will continue at the Harold Golen Gallery on July 12th from 8:00pm- 12:00pm.
More info will be posted soon on Tiki Central or go to haroldgolengallery.com
See ya there...

Pages: 1 20 replies