Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The 2008 Hukilau Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

BB

**I'm in! ** :D

I'll be there...was going to drive down, but gas got too expensive, so I tried bidding for a cheap ticket. Got one for less than gas would cost, but it gets me in Ft Laud at 8PM Thursday night. Somebody better save me a drink for when I get there!!!

T

I'll be there.

Wow Boris you da man! Wondered why there wasnt one of these earlier? Checkin in for Myself, Soccertiki, and RugbyMatt! See you in a few days my friend!

RT

Can't wait!

J

Packing as I type... I'm in!

Excellent thread Boris!!!!!!

Mrs. Boo,

Myself

and....

Our friend Kevin aka BB Security will be there

Fo' sure!!!

p.s. Now we need a "who's gonna be at the pool thread!!!

maybe 2 threads for each pool???

....and the Beach Thread too!!!

Which Beach??

Yee haw!!

We need a Yee Haw thread Too!!!

Set a TC Hukilau record!!!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2008 8:58 PM

Packed & ready!
Can't sleep, can't wait...

I

I will be there - no way I could miss the last Hukilau.

Vern

On the plane in 8 hours...

T

Ready to go !

I'm bringing an extra suitcase and packing some California Sunshine in it to keep the rain away of Friday Night.

We'll be there Friday morning...hmmm ...vending on no sleep....I can sleep when I'm dead !
Can't wait to see everyone, oh and if your ass is day-glow white please keep your trunks on for the 4 AM swim !

B

Mrs and BenZart

Count Dr. Von Zombie and Tai-One-On in for the California invasion of Ft. Lauderdale!!!

P

Lord willing and the tiki mobile doesn't explode, I'll be there on Thursday evening and the Amber Love Goddess shows up on Friday afternoon for her first Hukilau experiences.

I'll have a couple of ukes, a couple of bottles of rum and some snorkel gear that may or may not be used simultaneously.

K

Reading the NYC area Tiki Rollcall:

Tiki Kiki and Fang
Leisure Master and Bird Girl
Tikilicious and Mr. Steve
Martiki-bird and Loole Kalua
Velveteen Lounge and Captain Quad
Urban Tiki and Ms.Mary
Hawaii Kai Guy
Rugby Matt

Bringing the urban, eastern aloha to Hukilau!!!

PI

We won't be there until Saturday :( At least we get the Mai Kai though!

On 2008-06-10 04:21, pablus wrote:
Lord willing and the tiki mobile doesn't explode, I'll be there on Thursday evening and the Amber Love Goddess shows up on Friday afternoon for her first Hukilau experiences.

I'll have a couple of ukes, a couple of bottles of rum and some snorkel gear that may or may not be used simultaneously.

Let's see...you pour the rum into the uke...place the snorkel in the sound hole..I believe you're on to something pablus..don't forget the mint!!

J'Jim & Jennifer joining the role call

We'll be there, flying the British flag!!
See you on Wednesday!!

S

I will be there! See all of you on Thursday! Wheeeee, that's only the day after tomorrow!

Suzanne

T

Tiki 43 will be there plus 3! lets get ready to HUKILAU!
we're all 1st timers and ready to have some fun, party, and meet some fellow Tiki nuts!

K

yep

I'm so there. Sitting at work waiting is a drag!

HK

I'm leaving tomorrow to crash Loki & Stumpgrinders pad....then I'm heading down Thursday morning.

See y'all poolside!

The wife and I are leaving Orlando Friday at about Noon.
We should be there between 3 and 4 depending on traffic.

Terrill and I are IN!
We'll be arriving LATE Thursday/early Friday......
Joy!
I'll have 5 pieces in the Tiki Fine Art show!
here's one......
"the Watchers"
gouache on wood
Bamboo ben frame/construction

I'll also be bringing a folder full of drawings to share and barter with the other artists...
JOY!

Tamara and I will be there Thursday. We can't sleep, see everyone there.
Tiki Mike
Tamara
Renee and Bob Powell
Beach Beans
All from Satellite Beach, FL.

I am in, as well as Russell and Hubert.

I dunno if Mr. Smiley's milkbox raft is gonna make it around the horn, though!

:)

I know Hinano Paul already spoke for me, but I just have to get a "WooooooooHoooOOOOOooooo! in there!!! Stoked and ready to go!!!

In + 1!

Like HP already posted I'll be there and even better he and I and Soccertiki have rented out the Cabana Penthouse! It was 4 years ago at my first Hukilau that we last rocked that place so ther's some catchin' up to do. As BB said YeeHaw!

COUNT ME IN!

I,m in!! Fly straight out of hell in the morning.

comin from vegas for my 2nd HUKILAU!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

I'm in, along with my SO.

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 2:12 PM

Have gear, will travel! Come and hang out at The Wreck, Friday at noon where I'm slappin' the skins with The Martini Kings. Then the big shebang Friday night with Tikiyaki. More musical shenanigans with aforementioned bands on Saturday at the Mai Kai!

Let's see... Obama wins nomination, Kucinich brings 35 articles of impeachment, my first Hukilau.

It's shaping up to be a VERY GOOD month!

See y'all in Flourdough!

Boris: Maybe you and Ben could start a new thread to list all the other threads.

Oh....never mind....I just saw it

mmmm...squidsnax!

[ Edited by: squid 2008-06-10 14:15 ]

T

Have a good flight, my sea-dwelling, percussionist freak !

Coming down from the Rocky Mountains, arriving Weds afternoon

S

BK has arrived and doing recon. Packing and prepping now. Looking forward to showing Hukilau and Mai Kai virgins the Howlands the way fo East Coast Tiki Revival!

Amy and I will be there, except we will be MIA on Friday night (some of it) to see The Cure. Looking forward to seeing all of you and apologizing for my lame posts. If there are any Amateur Radio geeks there, let me know, I'm bringing my radio (K9MEL).

H

On 2008-06-10 18:07, Swanky wrote:
BK has arrived and doing recon. Packing and prepping now. Looking forward to showing Hukilau and Mai Kai virgins the Howlands the way fo East Coast Tiki Revival!

ATTABOY! Nuthin' like learning the ropes from a seasoned pro! Me and the missus will be in Thurs. afternoon or early evening representin' the low country of SoCar (along with TikiBob of SC, another seasoned pro-flying in on Thurs.) Looking forward to seeing lotsa things I've only seen in pictures and meeting lotsa folks I've only 'typed' to and even the ones I've never had any previous contact with-can't wait, can hardly sleep!

http://www.myspace.com/bhowland

The Curse of Howland Island

[ Edited by: howland 2008-06-10 18:53 ]

I am there. + 1 or more.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT

K

I'm in with both feet!
Arrive Wednesday sometime...
Ya can't miss me, I'll be the one in the high chair(eh, BigBoo?) :lol:
See everyone in Sunny Flourdough!

K.

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2008-06-10 21:10 ]

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2008-06-10 21:11 ]

Hitting the road in 5 short hours for a 2 day drive.

Destination: HUKILAU!

See everyone poolside Thursday evening!

TWO

What better way to spend my "Alcoholic Stimulus Package". I can't wait.
See you all there.

S

Oaktiki (Mike) and (Exotic) Sabina are IN! Already road tripping well underway, actually.

So we've been happily humming "Oh we're half way to a Hukilau..."

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there YET?

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 10:22 PM

I'll be there too,
top of my entertainment to-do list are the fashion show (I'll probably be behind the scenes), Mermaid shows, kevin Kidney on Sat, Mike Skinner's presentation on Sunday. What's up with room parties? How come there's no thread on TC about room parties?

here's my flight
ARR Ft Lauderdale thursday, June 12 at 7:38, hope to make it to Yankee Clipper in time for art show
DEP Ft Lauderdale Monday at 5:24

Marina is standing by for ACTION!

Pages: 1 2 50 replies