Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Saved by Tiki!!

Pages: 1 2 replies

TM

So there I was, on a long and boring drive home from San Francisco last weekend. 85 miles per hour, one tank of gas, no stops. Made it in 6 hours. I was bored though, and falling asleep almost. Then I saw the Lemore Hanford sign and at least was able to think about Tiki for the next few hours!!!
A pleasant diversion!

OMG...that is too funny...I always think the same thing of that sign. It is one of the classics on I-5...and that it links to TC is an added bonus.

I drive to San Diego a couple lf times a year from NorCal (have for over 20 years) and actually love the drive (even if I am alone). No good radio stations though in the farming section...but always have some great CDs for the road.

That is danged good timing. I usually do about 85 to 90 too (keeping an eye on the overpasseses and my rear-view mirror). It really should be 100mph in the dead/boring section!!! On my way south I usually hook up with friends at the El Toritos for lunch by Wally World. :lol: Then on the way back north...ya gotta catch a lunch or dinner at Harris Ranch...awesome bar and fabulous food.

I-5 has greatly improved over the years...thank goodness, as some of it was pretty squirrely in Los Angeles. Look....THE MATTERHORN!!!!

I think it might have to do with my car. It's a honda 2008 civic, and very aerodynamic looking. I think that (plus light traffic) allowed me to make it get the mileage.
The only bad thing about that drive was that once I passed Coalinga rd, the smell of those cows lasted for another 10 miles!

Pages: 1 2 replies