Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale III: September 14th, 2008 IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE READ!!

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

M

ALOHA!!!!

ALAMEDA, CA – Forbidden Island, is proud to announce the return of our famous Parking Lot Sale! On Sunday, September 14th from 3-7pm, Forbidden Island will once again host Northern California’s largest sale of collectible & vintage tiki, Hawaiiana, rockabilly, and mid-century modern goods. The sale will feature an incredible selection of original art, collectable mugs and décor, vintage aloha & rockabilly clothes, vinyl, furniture, and much more. We’ll also be offering drink specials and a few surprises. Come early for the best selection- it’s guaranteed to be a sell-out event! Don’t miss it!

IMPORTANT: Vendors interested in participating should contact [email protected] IMMEDIATELY as we want to get an early idea about how many are interested in vending. This is a huge event for Northern California and our past vendors have reported fantastic results

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave (at Sherman)
Alameda, CA

Directions and more: http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-06-17 11:24 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-08-04 15:58 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-09-02 13:46 ]

M

In all of its blurry, jittery excitement:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1192294989248755729&hl=en

P
pablus posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 1:08 PM

Can the shuttle make a quick stop in Tampa?

...on the way back from Tampa, please have the shuttle swing by NYC too.

Have fun everyone, looks like a great time.

Anybody want to split a booth? I am going to pack a few pieces of art, some prints and maybe a few other surprises. I checked with Martin and he is cool with it so if interested zap me with a PM or e-kablam.

Aloha

Happy to tell you all that Jungle Trader and I will be sharing a booth and giving Kung Fu ice crushing demonstrations. Eye protection may be needed.

J

That's the best news I've heard all day! I'm glad both Chongo and JT will be there! We don't get to see you two near often enough!

I unearthed this little guy (just over 3 ft. tall) from a glacier near the MunkTiki Studio just north of the Canadian Territory Nunavut. We slowly thawed him back to life and boy what an attitude he has. He will shred any mammoth and any rival tribal warrior that dares to cross his path. Thanks to Miles, MunkTiki, and their creative genius special permission has been granted for CaveTiki Lono to ride shotgun with me to Forbidden Island in September on our boarsled. In the meantime we'll be thrashing sloshing thru the bogs of the Inland Valley.

Arggh - we'll be in SF the weekend before (9/5-9/8), how much does that suck? No chance of moving the whole thing up a week is there? :lol:

We'll be stopping by Forbidden Island anyways on Saturday night.

Great job on CaveTiki Vic.

I'm happy to announce that I'll be selling stuff out of my car.

you are freakin' nuts, jt! and i mean that in a good way. from the pic it looks like he's alot taller than 3'! see ya soon braddah!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-08-19 11:41 ]

Yay!!!

On 2008-08-18 21:58, Chongolio wrote:
Happy to tell you all that Jungle Trader and I will be sharing a booth and giving Kung Fu ice crushing demonstrations. Eye protection may be needed.

We're IN.

I'm really stoked to announce that I, and my Lake Tiki creations will be at the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale!

A whirlwind California tiki tour that begins in San Diego the night before. I'll be showing some special edition art at the Tiki Mag show, then through the air the next day to Alameda Island and the world famous Forbidden Island! Can't wait to see the place in person!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

I'll have an assortment of traditional Oceanic Art with me, some hand carved idols and some masks and wall hangings.

Stop by and say... Aloha!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-09-02 23:00 ]

I'll be sharing the mana with my bruddas Jungle Trader and Chongolio. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!
Unga Bunga will also be showing his fantasmic tiki collectibles. Cool!

Stop by and say... Aloha!

oooohhhhh!!!! this is going to be a really swell shindig!

I'm looking forward to hanging with my nor-cal ohana!

With the change of events, and the sale only at the parking lot, I now have my own booth.

So that means I'll have twice as many goodies with me!

Stop by and see if there isn't a little something that would go great in your slice of paradise!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-09-02 23:33 ]

Oh yes this is so on!!! I wanna start packin right now! Excited to see all y'all fo realz!

S

On 2008-08-21 22:31, Lake Surfer wrote:
Hot damn, sorry JT, sorry Unga Bunga!

So much good mana flowing from one booth, we'll be levitating!

Jungle Trader, Chongolio, Unga Bunga and Lake Surfer all in the same square footage, at once!

Wow, with all that awesomeness, how will there be room for the merch?

--Suzanne

We're packing it all in a 20 inch by 20 inch space.
Mind over matter.

S

Is this really only 20 inches? I could have sworn it was bigger.

Suzanne

That's just your imagination.

On 2008-08-22 11:32, Jungle Trader wrote:
That's just your imagination.

With a price tag on it.

MT

I thought that was a bandage? Also, I heard that the camera can add 5 feet.

ahem, that was a "Not for Sale" sticker.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

On 2008-08-22 15:58, Jungle Trader wrote:
ahem, that was a "Not for Sale" sticker.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Vic, everything is for sale, if the price is right.

Okay highest bidder takes my...........nay seriously brethren. Mai Tai, that is a 6 ft. carving and if my math is correct, that leaves another foot. heheheh
Besides that image is just another photoshop trick by Unga Bunga, courtesy of Suzanne. Don't believe everything you see.

Sweet!! The stars have aligned, and our trip to the Bay Area has been postponed to this weekend! Problem is anything I purchase has to either ship or fly back with us...oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. See y'all there.

THIS JUST IN!

From an idea I (lovingly) pilfered from Gecko, I will be holding a MunkTiki FEST! reverse raffle at my booth. Offering up winners a choice of three mugs: The MunkTiki Hukilau Moai Mug

Photo from PDrake's Collection

or The MunkTiki Forbidden Island Edition Fugu

Photo from Jentiki's Collection

or The (...wait for it...) MunkTiki TikiOasis Don Zombie Mug!

Photo from kingstiedye's Collection

There will be three winning tickets (one for each mug) in a box of 2000. All you have to do is pay a dollar and pull out a ticket; if it matches, you've WON THAT MUG!

Find me and come play!

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-08-26 09:00 ]

S

What a good idea! You are brilliant. And I am jealous.

Suzanne

On 2008-08-26 07:47, suzanne wrote:
What a good idea! You are brilliant.

Thank you, but I must reiterate I (lovingly) stole the idea from Gecko. He is the brilliant one. :)

I really want to make this event this year.Its looks like a really fun event.
Now how to gure out to see the Slack Tones and Tiki Coasters the night before
at the Purple Orchid, then get on a jet airplane to San Francisco to make this
event with a massive hang over and a hand full of Advils !

I really want to make this event this year.Its looks like a really fun event.
Now how to figure out to see the Slack Tones and Tiki Coasters the night before
at the Purple Orchid, then get on a jet airplane to San Francisco to make this
event with a massive hang over and a hand full of Advils !

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-09-01 09:34 ]

Me and Corona Contessa are going to try to hit this early in the afternoon...after we nurse ourselves back to life from the South Bay Home Bar Crawl. :)

M

Aloha!

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT PARKING LOT SALE UPDATE!!

As you know, our plans to make the parking lot sale bigger than ever this year were brought on by the tremendous response from all the interested vendors (close to 40!). So we set in motion plans to do it two locations with a shuttle bus, promotion from St. George Spirits, etc.

Well, the best laid plans...

The event will be returning to just one location- Forbidden Island.

Er, now it's called "Parking Lot Sale Classic." :)

We’ll still be packed to the rafters with great vendors and incredible merchandise, plus all of your Parking Lot favorites- the La Pinata Taco Truck and the mighty Kubar!

-Bring Cash – no ATM on site
-21 and over only. (Had we gone with two sites, it would have been different.)

THANKS EVERYONE AND HERE’S TO ANOTHER GREAT SALE!!!!

-Mahalo!

(I deleted all the references to St. George and the kids question, as it has been rendered moot.)

C

So I am back to lookin' to share a space. I am waitin' to hear back from Martin to see if any more are available. I wont have a lot of stuff and most of it will be hangin'. How I don't know yet but I will get it figured out.If somebody already has a space and want to split it with me let me know or if spaces are still available and I can get one I am looking to share.

Aloha

OK...I am good again. Lake Surfer and I are going to be slinging our wares together so be sure to stop to talk story and check out the goods and help lighten our load for our long trips back home.

R

SALE SALE SALE!!! I've got WAY too much floral clothing right now! I'm going to be blowing a bunch of it out at the Parking Lot Sale for between $10 and $20 per item. So come fill your closet for cheap!!!

The booth with a combined travel distance of 4287.51 miles (8575.02 miles round trip!).

Traveling over land and sea to bring you da kine... Lost-Isle and Lake Tiki!

Come by and peep our goods!

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-09-04 22:13 ]

I want to go to this event so. very. badly. I'm going to be in LA 'till Sunday but I just don't think I'll be able to find a way up. Anyone have suggestions on quick (and cheap) ways to get up there?

TK

On 2008-09-09 00:36, Easter Island Elvis wrote:
...Anyone have suggestions on quick (and cheap) ways to get up there?

Well, at this late date, an airplane is gonna run you about $900.00, but you can catch an early Greyhound for about $100.00

M

Really looking forward to the FI PL Sale. Bringing a pocket full of change to buy some special items (and drinks of course). YAY!

Only three days until Lake Tiki comes to the Bay Area!

I've got a great assortment of hand carved tiki creations in a price range that will fit everyone's budget.

My focus is on traditional tiki styles from many island chains in the South Pacific such as the Cook Islands, Marquesan Islands and the Hawaiian Islands.

I also have some unique Marquesan inspired carvings that are part of my "2008 Island Collection."

If you're looking for some new work for your little slice of paradise, please stop by, say hello and check out my work!

Custom work and inquires also encouraged!

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday afternoon!

Hey~

Any of the sellers bringing carved panels? I am looking for some!

PTD

Looks like I'll have at least 2 extra Forbidden Island 2 Year Anniversary mugs for sale. So, the first two people in line will get the option to purchase one of the mugs. They are $75 each and limited to only 25. These are different from the regular version because they have a handcut "FI 2" on the back. Each one is unique with different hand sculpted tongues added to each mug. Mahalo!

Hey, yeah - What are people hoping to find at the sale?

M

I'm not looking for anything particular, but rather just seeing what calls out to me (and my wallet). :)

On 2008-09-11 18:16, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Looks like I'll have at least 2 extra Forbidden Island 2 Year Anniversary mugs for sale. So, the first two people in line will get the option to purchase one of the mugs. They are $75 each and limited to only 25. These are different from the regular version because they have a handcut "FI 2" on the back. Each one is unique with different hand sculpted tongues added to each mug. Mahalo!

After contacting folks, some couples decided to get only one. So, I may have as many as 5 available tomorrow at the sale.
If you are on the list taken on the ORIGINAL sale day, you have one- though if you have not contacted me, it would be a good idea. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Pages: 1 2 67 replies