Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale III: September 14th, 2008 IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE READ!!

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

ARE YOU READY TOO {{{{{{RRRRRUUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!}}}}}}}

I AM! Is The Bay Area ready?

Don't forget to bring tons of CASH (nearest ATM will be blocks away...)!

T

For those of you who attended last year;

What time would you suggest arriving? How long has the line been in the past?

Well, if the last ones were any indication, the line starts forming around 2pm...

I'd start lining up now if you want the full mugweirdoliningupwayearly experience. We claim the title of being first in line for the first FI mug release(Bad Liver). I won't tell you exactly what time we got in line for that, but the sun hadn't been up for that long. Fun day!

M

TODAY!!!

NICE SALE

MAHALO EVERYONE!!!

Wow that was fun ! Tiki people really the coolest folks around.

They sure are the best. Another awesome sale. Thanks Martin, Mike, Mano and all the drink mixsirs and mixesses, and the buyers and lots of interesting people I met, TC lurkers too.
Aloha!

Well I woke up with a sore throat and a little crispy around the ol gilligans, but it was worth every dusted brain cell. Mahalo to Martiki, Mike, Mano, Rebecca and all the staff of F.I. for again putting together what has become one of my favorite events. Small enough to keep it real and big enough to handle a nice sized mob. Thank you, Thank you, thank you to everyone who picked up a little piece of Chongolian art and dropped compliments as well. The best part is knowing my art is going to be owned by some of the coolest people a dude can meet and call friends. More Mahalos to Danny from Tiki Hana as well as Jim and Bruce from the Leisurenauts for gifting me the shirts.

Extra super coolness was too be able to share a booth with Lake Surfer, do some tradin' and getting a cool new necklace and awesome carved Honu. Also very nice to be within ice cube throwing distance of Jungle Trader and Unga Bunga. It was an privilege too meet Kuku and Tobunga in person and see Tobunga's art up close, awesome creations brah!

Happy Birthday to Polynesiac and Mai "it's drivin' me nuts" Tai. I really can't put into words how good it was to see and catch up with so many old friends again and meetin' a few new ones too. It's gonna really make leavin' next week a bit sad.

Here are a few of my pics you can see the rest at my Flickr page

Ungz and Braddah JT slingin' the fresh goods.

Haole'akamai, some monkey lookin' dude and Tofu Joe.

What was the punch line for this pic again?

Martiki and Rebecca get their hillbilly on.

T

Boy, the event sounds and looks like a great time was had by all. This East Coast kane missed almost all of the great West Coast functions.

And kudos to Martin and Rebecca - never have I met such a fantastic couple. It has been great seeing you get Forbidden Island to the point it is today. Time has really rolled by.

The Ohana is truly owing to your tremendous tiki efforts.

Congrats!

I believe the punch line for the photo is "Yer drivin' me nuts!!!"

I had so much fun at this event. I have been to all three and it's great every time. I can't think of another event I ever attend where I end up talking to that many complete strangers. I look forward to #4 (there damn well better be one).

Hey everybody at The Sale at Forbidden Island!!
Just want to say what a great event this was(is)! Our second time around and the people and tiki garb could not have been cooler! This year we bought even more killer stuff for our ever growing TIKI bar.

Only problem was that I had one to many mai tais and we did not make it home with one of the COOLEST items we bought. We apparently left the Maroon colored Vintage Hawaiian sign somewhere near the La Pinata "roach coach" and the barrel near the "smoking area". Anyone come home with it by chance and are feeling honest???? It said Pali Hale Mau ... (i think.

You will have Maika'I pomaika'i for many sunsets if you kept it safe for us! We will gladly come pick it up or pay to have it shipped!
Please reply here ...I left my number with Mark the manager if you happen to frequent FI often

TT

On 2008-09-15 14:40, Chongolio wrote:

What was the punch line for this pic again?

"It must be driving ya Nuts"

If any of you happened to have bought an FI 2 Year mug, could you please post a pic on ooga-mooga! I didn't take decent pics of each one with their different tongues and now they have left the nest.

M

WOW!

That was a hell of a good time- BIG thanks to all of the great people who turned out to make this our biggest yet! And mahalo to all the great vendors who brought such amazing stuff!

Here's some pictures!

What a great event!

It goes to show that even a smaller scale event can be a whole lot of fun!

Just got home a few hours ago from my time in SoCal... but I had to reply to this thread.

The warmth that the customers and staff at Forbidden Island and the Parking Lot Sale showed this Midwestern Tiki Carver was huge.

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your support on Sunday!

I hope you all enjoy your purchases!

I look forward to attending this event next year if it is at all possible.

Jim, many, many thanks for helping me out with a ride to and from the event, the table and the cold beverages both before and during the event! You turned what started as a stressful weekend into a lot of fun! Wish I could have visited longer... next time!

Vic and Kevin, many mahalos for the extra table and for holding down a primo slice of real estate. It was great seeing you guys again!

Randy, wonderful to see you again and even betta sharing a spot with you! Lots of mana around you that day, and it was flowing from you through all of us!
Thanks for the trade, I've always loved the stand up paddler and it will look wonderful in Hale Nalu.

Bruce, thanks for the shirt! It was great to see you again!

KuKuKev, great to see you again also bruddah! I'll be in touch Thursday afternoon regarding our sticker swap! Next time I'll take you up on the surfing... the wahine and I are talking up a trip to your neck of the woods.

Colleen, so nice to meet you in person! I hope you enjoy your Marquesan Canoe!

Polynesiac, it was also great to meet you in person finally! Nice talking shop with you!

Otto, great to see you again and thanks for picking up another piece!

The globetrekking midnight... great to meet you! Thanks for saying hi!

So many others and so many new and old faces... I apoligize for those I'm missing! It was too short of a visit for me!

It was great to see you all and again thanks for all your kind compliments and your support of my art!

Last, but not least, thanks to Martin and Rebecca for making the event possible! You run a silky smooth event from start to finish and make it a great time for everyone involved!

Mahalo!

Dave

The wonderful hosts!

Randy spreading Aloha

Hanging with Kev and Jim

Neighbors!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-09-18 00:50 ]

Pages: 1 2 67 replies