Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!

Pages: 1 2 3 122 replies

Just a reminder! Bus Tickets for both Thursday and Saturday go on sale Tomorrow (Sept 9th) at 6pm!

Visit the Tiki Bus page for details and don't be late!

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/bustickets.php

Mahalo!

BB

I'm in and I'm taking a window seat!

M

how exciting, now I just have to sort out my schedule.

TG

Sooooo....any chance of catching the bus at FI and proceeding from there (for us East Bay peeps who don't want to go to SF just to come right back home again)??

THANKS!

Yes, you can get on join in at any scheduled stop, and leave on any scheduled stop as well, as long as you inform Crawl Officials and the people sitting around you! You'll still have to pay the full price though.

On 2008-09-09 11:57, Tiki Glam wrote:
Sooooo....any chance of catching the bus at FI and proceeding from there (for us East Bay peeps who don't want to go to SF just to come right back home again)??

THANKS!

J

Will the bus be dropping people off at FI after TV's on Saturday since it appears that some of us hope to get on there, rather than driving into the city, just to drive back across the bay at the end of the night?

On 2008-09-09 17:06, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Yes, you can get on join in at any scheduled stop, and leave on any scheduled stop as well, as long as you inform Crawl Officials and the people sitting around you! You'll still have to pay the full price though.

On 2008-09-09 11:57, Tiki Glam wrote:

THANKS!

M

yes.

J

Fabulous! Thank you!

TG

Swell! THANKS!

M

Tickets are selling FAST!!

Act now, lest you be haunted by regret forever.

TG

I got my BUS TICKET!!!!! YAY

and man, I just looked at the schedule for Saturday - 4pm - 2am? DAMN I guess I'd better start practicing!!! :wink:

MT

Start conditioning your liver, Dina. You will not have to live in ther shadow of shameful regret, because...

Tickets for Saturday's bus are now sold out!!! A big thank you to all who bought tickets! We will see your smiling faces on the bus. And we'll see the rest of you at the various stops along the way on Tiki Crawl 8!

This is going to be a great crawl this year - stay tuned for more announcements and a surprise or two!

On 2008-09-11 16:30, Mai Tai wrote:

This is going to be a great crawl this year - stay tuned for more announcements and a surprise or two!

Are you going to announce which date you'll be fixing the picture in your signature?

T

Can't wait to meet some of you partiki animals.....we have been "lurking" for a year are now ready to CRAWL!

[ Edited by: TikiMimi 2008-09-11 19:26 ]

MT

On 2008-09-11 16:57, Bora Boris wrote:
Are you going to announce which date you'll be fixing the picture in your signature?

Oh, look, it appears as if one lonely ticket is now magically available! Looks like Tiki Kate will have to sit next to a stranger this year!

Well Mai Tai, Tiki Central is a great place to meet new people who share a common interest (or pretend to) and what better way is there to meet new people than on the The Eighth Annual Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008? Some people (Not me!) love to meet and talk to new people and Tiki-Kate may be one of those people so that's probably a good thing.

Also look what I bought for the bus ~

However if you like feel free to put taking away my bus ticket on your to do list and by the time you actually get to it St. Patrick's Day 2009 will have come and gone. By the way what are doing then? It's a Tuesday.

Hey everyone - the stars have aligned and the tiki gods have smiled on me. Heather and I are able to get in on the fun this year!

We're staying at the Phoenix, too. It will be huge fun to see everyone again.

Can't wait!

M

On 2008-09-12 09:46, Bora Boris wrote:

Also look what I bought for the bus ~

All I know is that this bad-ass Boris motherfucker will be sitting in the front row of the bus as the lights...go down...on the ci-tay.

M

Got ticket will travel! To Tiki land and beyond! See everyone on the bus.

Come on Boris, you're supposed to be funny.

"The following program is dedicated to the city and people
of
San Francisco, who may not know it but they are beautiful
and so
is their city.....this is a very personal song, so if the viewer cannot understand it, particularly those of you who are European residents, save up all your brand and fly Trans Love Airways to
San Francisco U.S.A., then maybe you'll understand the song, it will be worth it, if not for the sake of this song but for the sake of your own peace of mind.

Strobe lights beam create dreams
walls move minds do too
on a warm San Franciscan night
old child young child feel alright
angels sing leather wings
jeans of blue Harley Davidson's too
old tikis young tikis feel alright

I wasn't born there perhaps I'll die there
there's no place left to go, San Francisco

Cop's face is filled with hate
heaven's above he's on a street called love
when will they ever learn.....
old cop young cop feel alright
the children are cool
they don't raise fools
it's an American dream
includes Indians too"

Mmm The Animals, Eric Burdon on my ears.

D
Dood posted on Wed, Sep 17, 2008 2:44 PM

At Tales this year, Martin seemed deeply offended that I had never been to Forbidden Island. This seems like a good opportunity to fix that as well as just generally broaden my tiki horizons.

I got my ticket for the bus.

The wife and I will be on the Saturday bus... it's only been what, 3 years since I made the scene as tikimonkey?

Was that when my hair was blonde... what was I thinking. I'm WAY better as a redhead!

psst, anyone interested in a Trader Vics emeryville gift certificate, I got one for sale, since I'm not coming to the crawl.... :( :( :( :(
go here... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29861&forum=12&start=last&0

S

gift card taken, thanks!

Well, we're only a few weeks away now, and I haven't had much response from the local Ohana about extra space. Those who had space have taken care of filling it with ease and no thanks to me. :) As such, I humbly step down from the self-appointed position of Roomer.

Gentlemen (and women!) -start your engines!!

Typical. . . we missed the bus!

So Adam and I are definitely making the trek for this awesome Tiki Crawl. . . he kept hemming and hawing until the Friday Bus tickets were gone, so I got exasperated and went ahead and booked out flight!

Anyone else in a similar bus-less situation for Friday who has extra room or wants to figure out alternate transport with us?
We will buy drinks and shower many thanks and praise on any who can help!

Message me!

Thanks!

~Suzy

J

Ummm... Suzy ... there is NO bus for Friday! There is a bus for South Bay Thursday, and a bus for East Bay Saturday, but no bus for San Francisco Friday.

I'll have my car in the city on Friday, so you and Adam are welcome to ride with me if you'd like. I plan to be a designated relatively sober driver and could happily pick you up and drop you off at the hotel.

I'm pretty sure she meant bus for Saturday...

S

On 2008-09-23 17:11, atomikitty wrote:
Typical. . . we missed the bus!

So Adam and I are definitely making the trek for this awesome Tiki Crawl. . . he kept hemming and hawing until the Friday Bus tickets were gone, so I got exasperated and went ahead and booked out flight!

Anyone else in a similar bus-less situation for Friday who has extra room or wants to figure out alternate transport with us?
We will buy drinks and shower many thanks and praise on any who can help!

Message me!

Thanks!

~Suzy

I am SO glad you'll be there Suzy! Check your PMs.

YAY!

Suzanne

C

I'm happy to say that I'll be visiting your fair city by the Bay just in time for the TIKI CRAWL - YEAH!!!!!

See you all on The Crawl!!!!

And- anyone know what time the bus will leave on Thursday?
I have meetings that end early Thurs afternoon in Napa & I'm trying to figure out whether I can make the Thursday activities - or not....

M

The bus leaves at 4pm on Thursday from downtown SF.

On Saturday, we encourage people to put together their own carpools, rent a limo, van- whatever- Just drive safely!

S

"...Hurray, hurray, hurray..."

Suzanne

Soooo excited about this! I am doing the 'Happy Snoopy Dance' already! : D

Thanks everyone for clarifying the bus schedule stuff and the kind offer of rides/carpools. You are all super awesome.

Looks like Adam and I will be joining you all on Friday, so I think we will just roll into town and wing it. I can only assume that the Tiki Mob will be pleasantly sloshed by the time we catch up with you all! :wink:

Just wondering . . . any LA folks driving up?

If so, please post here or e-mail me.

Thanks!

Suzy

We can't wait for another crawl!!! It is better than Oktoberfist! ZAZZ!

Woo Hoo!!
Can't wait to see some old friends at the Crawl!
For yun's that use iCal, I've put all the locations and times into an iCal file you can download so you won't miss a thing.
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale 2008-09-29 21:09 ]

Hey Hanford, can we get the webcam deal again?

S

Hurray! See you kids in a week!

Suzanne

On 2008-09-11 16:30, Mai Tai wrote:

Hmm what kinds of surprises? Karaoke on the bus? You haven't lived until you've heard Hanford's version of Sloop John B. :-?

M

Zazz! See you soon!

We've updated the Crawl website with a page about the Tiki Crawl mug, the Forbidden Island mug, and the Conga Lounge mug!. Check it out!

Can't wait to see everyone on the crawl.

And no, it looks like there's no webcast this year. The equipment didn't come through. :(

~Hanford

UB

On 2008-10-07 01:19, hanford_lemoore wrote:
And no, it looks like there's no webcast this year. The equipment didn't come through. :(

What, did some idiot spill a flaming drink on it?

T

On 2008-10-07 01:19, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Stream directly from your phone: http://qik.com/

T
thejab posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2008 1:31 PM

I'll be DJing at Forbidden Island from 8 until closing tomorrow (Thursday), so you might want to swing by after the South Bay crawl.

M

Dow down 2000 points in ten trading days, credit markets stuck, global financial devastation, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria! Come in off the ledge...it's time to crawl, baby!

The sun is shining, the limes are cut, plenty of ice...three slices of white bread in the toaster! Life is good, Navy Grog eta 19:00. Can I get a hallelujah?

Drink up, for tomorrow...wait I am drinking tomorrow, too. Ok, drink up for Monday is only four days away. Who said Navy Grog?

and on the eight day the Lord said, "Go forth and crawl", and it was good.
midnite

PS Dean, wish I could make it over to FI in time, see ya later this weekend.

M

CCCCCRRRRRRAAAAAAWWWWWLLLLL!!!

M

Thank goodness Monday is a holiday at work...I'll need some rest for me and my liver. See you this weekend fellow crawlers!

I'll be able to take a break from unpacking/painting/setting up the new home tiki lounge to see you all on Saturday!

Still living out of boxes,

The Other Jen

Pages: 1 2 3 122 replies