Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2008 South SF Bay Area Home Tiki Bar Crawl - Sept. 13th

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

The tikiphiles of the South SF Bay Area are ready to open up our home tiki bars for a day of tiki fun! The tiki bars scheduled on the crawl currently include 2 Eichler homes with tiki bars plus the home tiki bars of Dr. Von Zombie, Tai Won On, Goldentiki and Tikitastic.

The crawl is scheduled to start in Sunnyvale on Saturday September 13 at 12:30pm and continue throughout the afternoon arriving at the last home tiki bar in Los Gatos at 8:00pm. Each home will be open for approx. 1 hour with an additional 30 minutes for travel to the next home tiki bar. Transportation and a designated driver will be the responsibility of each crawler.

If you are interested in crawling please PM me with your e-mail address which will solely be used for communications regarding the home tiki bar crawl. A map will be available prior to the crawl.

Home Tiki Bar Crawl Schedule

12:30pm - 1:30pm Johnny & Vanessa's Tiki Bar
Sunnyvale, CA

2:00pm - 3:00pm Portman's Tiki Bar
San Jose, CA

3:30pm - 4:30pm Tai Won On's Tiki Bar
San Jose, CA

5:00pm - 6:00pm Dr. Von Zombie's Tiki Bar
San Jose, CA

6:30pm - 7:30pm Goldentiki's Tiki Bar
Los Gatos CA

8:00pm - Late Tikitastic's Tiki Bar
Los Gatos, CA

Home Bar Crawler List

Tikitastic
KimtheCanuck
Panda
Tai Won On
Dr. Von Zombie
Notch
Mr. Portman
Johnny & Vanessa
Suzanne?
TikiHula
JenTiki
Chief Bartender & Brenda's Tiki Hut
TikiWineBear
Mai Tai & Coco Loco
princessP
KuKu
dangergirl299
hanford_lemoore
VampiressRN
Corona Contessa
Rum Runner
kosmotiki
GoldenTiki
Jason Wickedly
traderjess
TikiCrow

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2008-09-11 00:04 ]

J

This is shaping up nicely! With such fun people, this should be a blast!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jun 23, 2008 4:54 PM

Sounds like toooo much fun!!! Count me in. I'll be a good boy until then so my wonderful wife will haul while I crawl...

Huzzah! It shall be loads of fun!

I wonder if I'll be enlisted to make snacky things....

J

Speaking of snacky things ... I'd be happy to make my mango, jicama, cucumber slaw with ginger lime dressing, or one of my versions of rum balls if called upon to do so.

This sounds like a blast! Can't wait!!

Count Vamp & Corona Contessa in on the action. :)

Any suggestions from you locals on where to stay (that doesn't cost a fortune) in Los Gatos for the night? The Los Gatos Motor Inn has a room with two beds for $109...is that a decent place to stay and is it close to the last home of the crawl?

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2008-06-29 15:37 ]

TWO

Vampiress,
The Los Gatos Motor Inn in not a bad place to stay. It's pretty Best Western-esque, not great, but not bad. For Los Gatos, where everything costs more than it should, $109 sound pretty reasonable.
The hard part is the drive down the narrow, twisty-turny Bear Creek Road from Tikitastic's incredible mountain palace after a day of cocktails.

Thanks for the info...I'll be on the light side cocktail wise, so an adventurous road won't be a problem (I have 4wd...LOL).

TWO

We shoulda posted under the subject "Free Cocktails". We might have gotten a bigger crowd.
Oh well.

You know this crowd! It's less than 2 weeks away from Tiki Oasis, and there are still a bunch that haven't decided to join the crawl! Wait until TO is over, then add a week, and I bet you start getting a response from those still on the fence...

Aloha and see ya soon!
Myke

MT

Perhaps we can hear about some of the cool homes and home bars that are going to be on this home crawl, both from the organizers of this home bar crawl, and the home bar hosts as well? Anyone have any preview pics?

I've been to a few of the homes scheduled for this crawl, and can personally attest that there are some amazing places scheduled for this event! I can't wait!!!

TWO

Wow, the pressure is on. I'm scrambling to make my bar presentable enough to warrant a stop on the crawl.
I hope that laquer smell is gone by then. Maybe I can get some pics posted soon.

Can't wait for the Home bar tour

Ok, I'm just trying to bump this thing!!!

We just had our first BIG tiki party at The Golden Tiki here in Los Gatos. Check out the photos at Golden Tiki Party. We are very much looking forward to being a stop on the crawl this year! Sorry, no dancers, but we'll still have a good time! Jonathan and Kelly

Awesome picture J&K...looking forward to the crawl and meeting the SouthBayers. :)

Soooo are SoCal people who will just happen to be in the Bay Area that weekend welcome? I know we don't know all of you (except Vampiress and Contessa who we met at Oasis)...but we're well behaved, I swear!

MT

Bring it, Jason! Of course you are welcomed - along with any of the other Hoity Toitys that want to come up. Just be prepared to be hung over during the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale the next day! :D

Add CB@BTH to the list.

S

If anyone happens to see plane fares for under $400 from Boston back to SF/OAK/SJC will you let me know? These cross-country flights are killing me!

Miss all of you!

Suzanne

TWO

Prepare to be UNDERWHELMED. I am runnin' outta time.

[ Edited by: Tai Won On 2008-08-28 15:45 ]

J

Nice bump, Jim :wink:

Greetings from China, I second what Tai-Won-On said. Thanks to my company I will not be able to put the detail into my stop on the crawl I wanted too. But expect a killer cocktail!!!

[ Edited by: Dr. Von Zombie 2008-08-29 18:37 ]

It's all good...nice to gawk at the architecture/collections and sample the cocktails, but the best part is always making new friends and sharing our similar interests. With all the home crawls going on this year, seems like it will spark some healthy competition to be on point for hosting in 2009 too. :D

I would complain about missing this year's Bay Area Home Tiki Bar Crawl if not for being in Hawaii during it! :wink: :drink:

Maybe next year!

The Evite is setup with all the Home Tiki Bar addresses. Make sure to PM me your e-mail address so you can be included on the crawl Evite.

sounds good how do i join in on the fun

[ Edited by: TRADER JESS 2008-09-04 00:21 ]

Everyone who has sent me their e-mail address should now have the Evite in their inbox. If not, or if you want the Evite with addresses for the crawl just shoot me a PM.

1 week and 1 day to go!!!!

MT

On 2008-09-03 14:53, trader jess wrote:
sounds good how do i join in on the fun

Trader Jess,
Send Tikitastic a PM, with your e-mail address, and he'll put you on the e-vite. There will be a bunch of us going from the greater East Bay area, especially from Oakland and Alameda. See ya there!

Less than 1 week to go. Come see the great mid-century & tiki home bars of the South SF Bay Area!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

T

Tina, our friend Mo, and I are crawling with you all. We're looking forward to some good tiki time and seeing how folks have tikified their pads.

Thanks RumRunner for giving us a heads-up on this at TO8.

-Rick

[ Edited by: TikiCrow 2008-09-09 17:20 ]

Here is a sneak peek of the entrance into my home tiki room....

Pictures of the room build out by Bamboo Ben can be seen at:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27144&forum=18

and a peek at the Golden Tiki at Casa Knowles...

See you Saturday!

I can't wait! Looking forward to it.

TWO

Here's a pic of Tai Won On...eh..um village? casa de...? Whatever.

The crawl starts at 12:30pm Saturday.....be there!!!!

Send me a PM to get the Evite with the addresses.

On the plane now...see you all tomorrow!

Wow...the South Bay Home Bar Crawl was amazing. All the homes were beautiful and the backyards were to-die-for. Good food, good drinks, and good people!!! Special thanks to all the generous hosts/hostesses...you did a great job. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures. :)

Hey, thanks to everyone for hosting this! A good time was had by me and my krew.

Jason, Kelly, John, Vanessa, cutie Mark, Jim, and everyone who put this fantastic event together
Thank you, it was fantastic.

T

What a fun day!

Thanks to all the hosts and hostesses for sharing your cool pads with us. It was fun meeting and hanging out with all you TC people too -- what a great group!

TWO

Thank you to all of you Crawlers and Hosts. I had a great time and met a lot of wonderful people, and made many new friends. We had such a nice turnout that I think we can make this an annual event. I saw a lot of pictures being taken, please post them. I also would like to thank all the thoughtful Crawlers that brought a gift for the hosts. That was very cool. See you all next year.

Yes, thanks to everyone for making this such a great time!
We enjoyed crawling as much as we enjoyed being crawled.
We would love to do this again.

Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome among this fantastic group of fun people!

Here is a Flickr page with the photos I took:
http://flickr.com/photos/18805668@N05/

I hope to see y'all again soon!

Just want to make sure all our new South Bay and surrounding area TCers know about SwanTiki the Sacramento Home Lounge and Shopping extravaganza on Sept 27 & 28th. Hope to see you there.

Thanks Johnny, Vanessa, VooDoo Daddy, Kathy, Tai Won On, Dr. Von Zombie, Jonathan, Kelly, and Tikitastic Mark for having us...I'm so jealous and inspired all at the same time! It was so cool to meet all of you from the Bay Area! We're going to try to make it back up for the Sacramento crawl in two weeks, but at that rate I may never start my own bar.

myspace.com/anotherdayinthelbc

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2008-09-17 07:31 ]

Pace yourself Jason

On 2008-09-17 10:54, Corona Contessa wrote:
Pace yourself Jason

:lol: I did ok at the crawl...the next day at Forbidden Island not so much. Too much good stuff!

Pages: 1 2 48 replies