Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Has anyone stayed at the Tiki Lodge in Medford, OR?

Pages: 1 6 replies

H

I've only seen terrible, terrible reviews... but I have a sturdy constitution, low expectations, and a completist nature! Toward the end of July I'll be headed up north, and I'm looking for a hotel to stay at the night before heading over to Crater Lake. Cheap is good -- I don't need any pampering. I love old motels, but I'm wondering if the Tiki Lodge is The-Palms-Portland bad (which is fine by me)... or Budget-Inn-Fort-Lauderdale bad (which still gives me the shakes)?

It is the Palms Portalnd Bad-I have no reason to think it has gone "downhill".

Hey - I can say I have not stayed there but driven through the parking lot and looked around - the only thing Tiki I saw was the name...........

W

"I have...driven through the parking lot and looked around - the only thing Tiki I saw was the name..." -Maori_man-

The Tiki Lodge chain seemed to have based its name on the A-frame offices the motels had, which shows that "misuse" of the description Tiki began way back.

According to the below description (found HERE) the Tiki Lodge in Medford "is a wonderful selection for your next spree". But I'd be suspicious. To me the write up looks like the work of a fourth grader who just mastered the basics of cut-and-paste report writing. But if you stay there you could always copy the below piece, tack on "And that's what I did on my summer vacation." and have your first back-to-school report all wrapped up and ready to hand in.

Tiki Lodge Motel is a wonderful selection for your next vacation. Morning in Oregon is mind-blowing; it means that a new fine day in Medford awaits you. 200 acres of ski terrain is available to the skiers who go to Mt. Ashland in winter; 50% of the runs are green and blue while 50% are expert and advanced. 4 ski lifts move skiers up the mountain, so they can enjoy the 23 runs of the nearby ski resort, Mt. Ashland. Mt. Ashland has an altitude difference of 1,150 feet and receives 25 feet of ice cold snow per year.

Tiki Lodge Motel gets a typical amount of rain; during December this area sees the most rain, and the driest month is July. Tiki Lodge Motel is a fine spot to stay during your journey to the Siskiyou Mountains. At Tiki Lodge Motel during the days of summer highs are in the 80's, and the night is quite colder of course, ordinarily in the 40's. Throughout the winter the highs are commonly in the 40's, and nighttime lows at Tiki Lodge Motel throughout the wintertime usually descend into the 20's.

Tiki Lodge Motel* is positioned in beautiful Medford, Oregon, a first-class holiday paradise. As the vivid moon is high in the skies above Oregon and the dark of nighttime covers Tiki Lodge Motel, you can feel free to get a little bit of fine shut-eye in your comfy bed. An afternoon playing golf at Bear Creek Golf Course & Range is always a bliss; a golf course close by is Rogue Valley Manor Quail Point Golf Course.

Known by many as a relaxing shelter, Tiki Lodge Motel is a wonderful selection for your next spree. The summit of Buckshot Hill can be seen from Tiki Lodge Motel; golf can be played at Stewart Meadows Golf Course & Driving Range.

And if that's not sufficient there's lots more cool things to do in the Siskiyou Mountains. Here at Tiki Lodge Motel there are plenty of people from Medford, and sites like Valley of the Rogue State Park are great to explore.

Come to Medford, where your vacation is awaiting you here.*

Fresh back from "Methford" (Saturday). Well it looked worse then I remember it. There are a couple of nicer looking "budget" places a little further down the strip. There was a really cool looking medieval (Knight something or another) themed one and another more bargain basement Hotel right across the street.

Thanks so much for the tips/warnings! I remember seeing the sign for that Knight's place when we were driving up there a few weeks ago -- I might check that place out.

M

Heather and I stayed there when we moved up to Portland from SF/Bay. It it Tiki in name only -- clean(ish) I suppose. I did expect David Lynch to be lurking nearby.

Pages: 1 6 replies