Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

is there anyone under the age of 30 in the tiki scene??

Pages: 1 2 3 107 replies

I wonder if, in this present millennial atmosphere of worry and paranoia, our society might actually welcome and support a revival of elegant tiki theme restaurant/lounges? The concept of a complete escape to an exotic, otherworldly, primitive place, one not requiring air travel, might be well received right now by escapists of all ages.

Maybe that "Papa Smurf" drink is the younger set's answer to tiki drink escapism fantasy?

I am partial to blue drinks. I would probably even try that one...

T

On 2008-06-20 21:19, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

"I think 20-somethings aren't drinking at all anymore..."
Next time you`all come down here. I'll take you to a little place called Ybor City, Tampa, Florida... where the 20-something's don't stop till the break of dawn !!!!

i knew it!! ybor city is drunken frat boy central!!...It's tampa's answer to rush street here in chicago.....that really speaks volume about you!! I was right about you all along.....you are one of em'!!....now go run off to the drunk barns that line the street there and get back to your true element......try not to step in the puke!! Har!!

{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tispy, a guy who know his volumes!

K

On 2008-06-20 21:12, TikiLaLe wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"I think 20-somethings aren't drinking at all anymore..."
Next time you`all come down here. I'll take you to a little place called Ybor City, Tampa, Florida... where the 20-something's don't stop till the break of dawn !!!!

Or stabbed, shot or arrested... :roll:

I had fun going over there about 7 years ago, and then it morphed into something I didn't recognize. The stabbings and shootings didn't help, either. Great cigars, though. :)

T

On 2008-06-20 21:19, Pacifilantic wrote:
I wonder if, in this present millennial atmosphere of worry and paranoia, our society might actually welcome and support a revival of elegant tiki theme restaurant/lounges? The concept of a complete escape to an exotic, otherworldly, primitive place, one not requiring air travel, might be well received right now by escapists of all ages.

Not to derail the thread, but the mention of "not requiring air travel"...You make a good point. Air travelhas become a total nightmare now. Between the security stripdowns, baggage restrictions, extra charges, 911 paranoia and the downright surliness of the Airline employees, creating a paradise within driving distance MAY make a comeback.

I can't tell you how horrible the airline employees were this entire trip...it really sucked. It's like they are all in "F*ck You" mode now....right out of the box....just NOT service oriented at all. The check in people, the security people, the flight attendants (ESPECIALLY them)...all of them...they just sucked. The friendly skies are D E A D !

If Hukilau had not been the insane fun weekend that it was, these creeps may have spoiled my trip.

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.