Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

disneyland 45th tiki room fountain

Pages: 1 11 replies

Well for all of us that were put on that list for the fountain as we waited in line. When I called Deliverears, they said they did not recieve a list from anyone as of yet and so you should call them and to get a guranateed fountain I had to give them my credit card number to guarantee myself a fountain and I also gave them my transaction number on my reciept to prove that I was one of those people in line as they are giving the people that were in line the fountains first, so I would call now if I were you. They said there order is golden and a guarantee, they said who ever has the list could call later everyone that was on the list but they had not heard of this list or seen it yet and they are already taking reservations with a credit card for the fountains but just for people who were in line and who can prove they were in deed in line. It will take 6 to 8 weeks. Everyone else will be able to buy the fountains if there is any left after those people in line get theres first.

S
Sync posted on Fri, Jun 27, 2008 8:10 AM

Well, I called first thing on Friday 06/27/08, got right in, and found they DO KNOW ABOUT THE LIST! They checked and found that my name was on it and said they will give me a call when they are available. They were fully aware that some people were at the park that didn't get on the list because they were too far down the line or whatever. They said they had known about the list but just didn't have it for awhile but they have it now.

E

What is the number for Delivears?

Thank you

[ Edited by: ESP182 2008-06-27 09:23 ]

On 2008-06-27 08:57, ESP182 wrote:
What is the number for Delivears?

Thank you

1-800-362-4533

TS

I called too, and was told the same thing. If your billing information matched the names on the list, you were priority. Only reason I called, was that I've been lurking on some of the other Disney Chat boards, and I saw two posts that made me cringe...They were basically saying that "anyone" could place an order for one right now. I interpreted that as exactly what the Disney execs tried to pull BEFORE all of the uproar, which thankfully, the list finally came out from.

"Just keep checking the website for information of when the fountains will be available, and here is the phone number for delivEars..."
-Actual first wave response from Merchandise executives on the shortage of fountains.

Thankfully they pulled their heads from their arses and came up with the only right decision..."The List"....

DelivEars also told me on the phone, that there are to be NO SHIPPING charges on the fountains for the listed people. She also said they should be expected in stock at the end of July sometime...

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-06-27 09:36 ]

yes I called today and they said they were fianlly given the list, thank goodness. Now we can all relax and dream of our fountains, without having to pay the huge price for them on ebay. Only thing is we didnt get the chance to have them signed by the artist, what a bummer.

This is all confusing.

I was near the end of the line on Sunday and I saw a manager come down with a notepad in hand. He stopped and began talking with some people ahead of us and then began working his way up toward the front... never even stopped to talk with us. So I'm not sure if he was the guy taking names for the fountain, or if he realized we too were part of the line. Regardless, we were never included on the list of names although we too were waiting.

What is particularly unclear is when did DisneydeliverEARS get the list of names, and if somebody called them before they received the list and got an order in, who will get bumped. The person on the list (delivered late in the week) or somebody who called in and placed an order before they received the list?

According to Tiki-a-fair, they were apparently taking orders earlier in the week. And if there is a LE of 500 and all were purchased by EOD Sunday (if they were indeed sold out), who is left holding the bag? I presume names on the list have priority, and then non-list people on the DisneydeliverEARS order list.?.?

The Tikipedia
www.tikipedia.com

[ Edited by: tikipedia 2008-06-27 20:53 ]

TS

They can't mail out what they dont have in stock, therefore they will not bill you until the item is ready to ship. So that would mean that nobody has received a fountain that wasn't on the list. There was nothing to mail out earlier in the week, so worse case scenario, if people tried placing a preorder and were NOT included on that "Guarantee list", then they in fact will be bumped
so the ones who were on that list receive theirs first. Delivears might take down billing info in advance for anyone, but if you are not on the list, and they sell out all the fountains to the people who made the list, then the non listers wouldn't be billed, nor would they recieve the fountain. The list people have priority over the non list people. At least thats why they created the list in the first place, and that would be the logical way....Who knows though....Its Dizzey!

Well if you prove that you were in line by giving them Your reciept number they will take down your credit card number and they said it's golden (guaranteed), as well regarding the list they said your better off to call and reserve one as it's a for sure thing. They are keeping track of home how many they are reserving. Either way I wish everyone tons of luck and I hope that people that have extras will share them with people here on tiki central, me I just ordered one so someone else would get a fair chance.

Also check your lucite parrot bracelet some were missing the certificate, so they mailed mine to me because mine was missing. in fact both of my bracelets were missing them.

TS

********** N E W U P D A T E!************
No more orders being taken by phone for the fountain, regardless if you are on the list or not. Disney once again pulled their heads from their asses, and are REVERTING back to the original plan.

Delivears will be calling everyone who was put on the list by the castmemember within the next couple of weeks to see who is still interested in the fountain purchase. For those of you who thought you were "sly" :P , by slipping your CC and billing info based on day of event receipts and such, will receive your fountains AFTER the LIST people are sorted through. I look at it like this...I WAS at the gate at 6am, I WAS put on the list when they "ran out" of the initial 20-60 fountains, and I didn't run :lol: .What's fair is fair, and I really wish that Delivears and Event Planning had competent staff who read from the same page of the book! :roll:

Wonder if someone should send them a copy of "Event Planning for Dummies"?

Too many tikis being tickled, and then comes the letdown....
I'm making that my last Disney public special event...Disney can truly market, but they are oblivious to event coordintation. Not a good mixture to say the least.

I am on the list...I can only hope. I do have visions of that fountain gurgling in my lounge, but if it doesn't happen, I will just have to wait till the next cha cha comes along. In the meantime, I will be mixing myself several drinks and dusting off the spot where it will sit. :wink:

I too stayed in that line and when I called deliver ears they took my cc number and I had to give them transaction number to prove that I was in line as well I am on the list but since the list was wishy washy and I could prove I was in line, they said I guaranteed one. But I do agree that everyone that was in line should get one first.

Pages: 1 11 replies