Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Looking for drummer - roots in Rockabilly, surf, and jazz a plus

Pages: 1 17 replies

I've got a plan........ Any drummer out there in the Orange County, CA area looking to join what could become something really pretty cool? PM me and I can let you in further as to what I've got planned.....

Are you playing my store

the Thursday before

Oasis??

TM

To quote from the documentary "Heavy Metal Parking lot"

"HELL YEAH!!"

I don't know Ben, do you know how to play drums?

Dude, I'm your drummer. You just have to fly me out there.

On 2008-07-02 15:31, Luckydesigns wrote:
I don't know Ben, do you know how to play drums?

Like I said, who needs drums?

Actually there is a punk band or 3 that practice down
the row towards the back. Maybe there drummers might be into it...

Where's that SQUID guy when you need him!!!

p.s.

It would be very De-Lux,

if you could get someone from Diamond-Head!

TM

Perhaps we should let the cat out of the bag a little. This is a Rockabilly, surf, roots country/western swing and tiki band being started by Lucky Designs (an awesome guitarist), Lucas Vigor on upright bass and Tiki Bong on steel guitar. It will be a hard-driving rockabilly style band playing originals and some covers, focusing on hot-rods, low brow art and tiki- we just need the prefect drummer to bring things to the next level. We are already scheduling gigs, and need someone fairly soon. We are advertising for the drummer in many places. This will be an exciting project, unlike anything else.

S

Sounds like a fun band..How bout 2 slappers..hahaha

I nominate SQUID :)

TM

I would love to have Squid. I already offered to father his child because he is so good! But sadly for me, the Tikiyaki orchestra nabbed him first! (damn that Jim for having great taste!)
But the next best thing is to catch him live this Friday at Kona's with the Tikiyaki orchestra. Those boys are rapidly becoming my favorite tiki band! I am just glad I don't play exotica right now...I would not want to compete with them dudes!! (I would lose) I will stick with Rockabilly and Hawaiian.....for now!!!!

But back to this project...we already do have gigs lined up, and they are good ones. Stayed tuned for some exciting music. Just leave your discerning taste at home! We just came for two things: Drinking beer and kicking ass!!

Damn!! I've never wished more that I lived in California. I play drums and this sounds like just the kind of project that I've been looking for out here in Tucson. I love drinking beer and kicking some surf rockabilly ass! Oh well, best of luck with your search. I can't wait to hear what happens.

Maggie
cheeky 1/2

BrAzilllllle!

http://www.truveo.com/Festival-Alma-Surf-2008/id/2012675077

Who's that playing Gee-tar!?

Rock on mang!!

TM

Isn't that cool!!! His company flys him down to Brazil to do a gig! Spike shreds on the guitar!

T

On 2008-07-09 16:28, lucas vigor wrote: We just came for two things: Drinking beer and kicking ass!!

Luke...you forgot the second half of that quote....

....Looks like I'm just about outta beer

TM

"Clint", from "Dazed and Confused!"

On 2008-07-16 09:32, lucas vigor wrote:
"Clint", from "Dazed and Confused!"

You know it ! My favorite Movie...E V E R !!!!

One of mine, too. One of the few period correct movies that was done right!

Pages: 1 17 replies