Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Ran(aka Kick the Reverb's band), and 2 others Sat.7/6

Pages: 1 6 replies

ok so this isn't a tiki event,
but it is a TC members surf band,
lets all come out and Support Ran and his band and the other 2.
and this place is just down PCH from Bamboo 2 U and tikis too, store.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-07-05 14:47 ]

I'll be there with bells on!!

wow what a TC turnout,
Spermy and Modmonaa,
what a way to show support for a fellow TCer.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 12:56 PM

GROG was confused. The title on the thread said Saturday, but the flyer said Sunday.

Plus, it was 331 miles round trip from GROG' house, GROG' car get 16 miles to the gallon, and at $4.65 a gallon that's $96 to drive down there and back, and it would take 4 hours and 12 minutes of total driving time. Plus cover charge and drinks---GROG paying over a $100 to hear a surfband GROG not even know if they are any good. GROG paying mortgage and bills, and GROG not been working for a few months....

[ Edited by: grog 2008-07-07 13:27 ]

How was the gig? Love those Sand Devils! Sorry to be geographically challenged. Any photos?

-Weird Unc

On 2008-07-07 12:56, GROG wrote:
GROG was confused. The title on the thread said Saturday, but the flyer said Sunday.

Plus, it was 331 miles round trip from GROG' house, GROG' car get 16 miles to the gallon, and at $4.65 a gallon that's $96 to drive down there and back, and it would take 4 hours and 12 minutes of total driving time. Plus cover charge and drinks---GROG paying over a $100 to hear a surfband GROG not even know if they are any good. GROG paying mortgage and bills, and GROG not been working for a few months....

[ Edited by: grog 2008-07-07 13:27 ]

That's why I carpool!! Thanks BTD!!! I think I spent $20. The Sand Devils were freakin great. GROG whenever you want to hang out just let sombody know. I am in the same boat as you. Summer is slow for me in the work dept. But cutting corners is half the fun!!!

the Sand Devils played a few new songs 1 even had a mild Hawiian shirt surf
vibe. but I still liked it.
all 3 bands were great, even the Surf Kings whos original drummer and bass player who came back to the band, they played without a rehearsal.

I took some pics, but need to learn how to download and post pics.

will try to get them up soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-07-08 10:21 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies