Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day in Seattle

Pages: 1 18 replies

If you will be or can be in the vicinity of Seattle on Saturday August 9th, you should make your way to the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge for a big refreshing mug of evil. Pete's Annual August (ah-GUST) International Tiki Day party commences at 7:00pm.

The Evite: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/KVPOVBSLDNMYAGSGZZBK/tiki
The Basics: http://www.monkeyskull.net/party/basics.htm
The Rules: http://www.monkeyskull.net/party/rules.htm
The Lounge: http://www.monkeyskull.net/photos/voodoolounge/enter.htm

D

THEE Tiki Event of the Season!!

Frank-Todd and i will attend, i'll bring the Cupcake Condo filled with treats.

rumour has it, there will be canadians in residence at Dogbytes' Home for Wayward Drunkards ~ i'll drag them along too.

Can we order half fries and half salad with our mug full of evil????

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2008-07-18 12:57 ]

On 2008-07-17 16:46, Pepe le Tiki wrote:
Can we order half fries and half salad with our mug full of evil????

This has to be the greatest thing Canada has ever invented! I'm still waiting for
it to be imported to the U.S.

As for the party, I already have my party bag packed: handcuffs, chloroform, blindfold,
spatula, PAM spray, dental floss, tweezers and pez. Can't wait to make lots of new friends!!

D

one week to go ~ are you getting your liver into condition?

S

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
can't wait!
and I'm all aboot visiting with the canajuns.
Hooooray!

S

Thanks for the PM dogbytes I found the info.
I think this would be a blast! I'm not sure if i
can make this yet?

I never get out of creating tiki much and didn't know
there are so many freaks in the Seattle area!

Yay only a couple of days left!
I can't wait for my first ever International Tiki Day celebration!

W

Monkeyskull:

Look fer my signal. I'll meet yuh at the koi pond. Plain white envelope. Be cool about it.

On 2008-08-07 18:17, woofmutt wrote:
Monkeyskull:

Look fer my signal. I'll meet yuh at the koi pond. Plain white envelope. Be cool about it.

Excellent. But just to avoid any chance of confusion, please use the code word "Hello."

J

Hello!! Oops! Sh*t, I just blew it, didn't I.... Doh!!

;o)

D

hey. don't get stuck in traffic ~ i think some of us are going to TVics before Monkeyskull's Party ~ so, use the 520 bridge instead of the I90.

I-405 to be closed through Bellevue all weekend

Southbound Interstate 405 will be closed through Bellevue all weekend while the Wilburton Tunnel, just north of the I-405/Interstate 90 interchange, is removed to widen the freeway.

The interstate between state Route 520 and I-90 will be blocked until 5 a.m. Monday.

Just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Monkyskull & Dogbytes for all the International Tiki Day fun and debauchery!! Monkyskull's party was a blast and worth he slight hang over! The fun continued the next day at Dogbytes with more drinks and plenty of food!
It was great to see the Jetcity gang and all the out of town invaders too!!!

I don't remember anything about the party, but I'm guessing it was okay. Wait, I remember
Monkeyskull brought the Voodoo lounge up to code, which allowed access for our handicapped
visitors from Canada. Hooray for Monkeyskull!

D

which one of the Canadians left this behind?

On 2008-08-11 16:50, dogbytes wrote:

That looks more Oregonian to me. Canadian babies have three horns.

That is, in fact, an official artifact of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge. Which klepto-couple were there on the night of International Tiki Day and also at the RongoRongo room the following day is, I would think, quite obvious to anyone who knows them.

This was not the only vandalism to my residence, BTW. For example, my Archie McPhees rubber wild boar was found by the side of the pond. Obviously that is a ridiculous place for a rubber boar, and any right-thinking person would have returned it to the living room lamp table where it belongs.

That the aforementioned klepto-couple now appear to be absentmindedly leaving their loot at other locations might be seen as encouraging. But then I haven't yet counted my mugs, and has anyone seen their baby lately?

As if the raccoons weren't bad enough ...

Oh, and that reminds me, for northwest folks who know our friend Fuzz (the Accounts Payable guy with his own action figure), he's been informed that his boss is "getting out of the Fuzz game" and you can now get two Fuzz action figures (with replaceable heads) for only $5.

On 2008-08-11 23:23, monkeyskull wrote:

That is, in fact, an official artifact of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge. Which klepto-couple were there on the night of International Tiki Day and also at the RongoRongo room the following day is, I would think, quite obvious to anyone who knows them.

This was not the only vandalism to my residence, BTW. For example, my Archie McPhees rubber wild boar was found by the side of the pond. Obviously that is a ridiculous place for a rubber boar, and any right-thinking person would have returned it to the living room lamp table where it belongs.

That the aforementioned klepto-couple now appear to be absentmindedly leaving their loot at other locations might be seen as encouraging. But then I haven't yet counted my mugs, and has anyone seen their baby lately?

Feeling much remorse over what transpired at The Voodoo lounge, I must confess that it was my wife that
stole the one horned baby. If all parties agree to bring charges against only my wife and grant me immunity,
I will facilitate the return of the rest of the baby (neck down). God knows I've tried to stop her thieving ways, but like they say, "you can take the girl out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the girl".

Pages: 1 18 replies