Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

My vintage Restaurant/Diner menu collection

Pages: 1 6 replies

I have collected quite a few restaurant and diner menus over the years and I have always wanted to display them in the kitchen somehow. There are some great ones that deserve to be shown. But, sometimes the inside pics and text are just as good as the covers themselves.

With us moving into our new home - Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might display them so that I and everyone else can appreciate their outside and inside cover??

Ryker mounts? Then you could at least take them out to look at them. Or double-glass?

The best way to hang your menus up without damaging them is to use plastic protectors. These are usually found at paper shows and are used to protect paper items. These can be easily hung on the wall using tacks on the outside edges of the protector. I have mounted an entire wall using this method and they look wonderful.

Hope this helps! 3 years later???

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

I found an old Matson Menu that I'm going to frame this week. Gonna do a double sided frame. Will let you know how it turns out.

I will have it on Ebay next week.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 9:25 AM

That better not be GROG's menu you're putting on ebay!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-02 09:26 ]

On 2006-08-02 09:25, GROG wrote:
That better not be GROG's menu you're putting on ebay!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-02 09:26 ]

Oh no. Not your original. Just a copy. Or, will it be your's that will be the copy, sandwiched between glass ??

Depends on the next comic strip in Tiki Mag!!!!

Can I please not be on a toliet again!!!!???

Aaaaarrrrrrrrr!!!!

LOL!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 11:27 PM

O.K. no more BambooBens on toilets.

What about a drag queen?
I've got this hilarious idea for the next comic strip, only
thing is, you're dressed as drag queen in a gay bar.(It's
a tiki bar, though).

Pages: 1 6 replies