Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

TS

Just a thread to see who gets called back to purchase the Kevin and Jody Fountain. If you've already received your order or phonecall, please post it up here so we can track the timeline and progress.

I was in Disneyana Tuesday (7/22) and no word on fountains as of yet.

T

i'm going to D'land today (Sunday, 7/27)and will check in and report back.

T

well, i have some news. the cast member that i was told was the "expert" in Disneyana told me this. they thought the "first" shipment would be arriving at the end of July. now it looks like it will be sometime mid-August. she said that anyone who is on the call list will be contacted with this first shipment's arrival. she estimated that we would have our fountains "in about a month". NOW, for the interesting part for anyone who was unable to get to Disneyland that day and be put on the list. this young lady told me that there will be a second shipment, probably in October, and that they hope to be able to have some fountains to sell in the Disneyana shop from that second shipment. I think that is some pretty exciting news for all the people watching the ebay auctions and despairing of being able to get a fountain affordably. My advice to all of those tiki lovers would be to wait patiently, and hopefully you'll have a great new fountain for the holidays. i'll keep posting if i hear anything new.

WooHoo!! I just received a call from a Disney Cast Member regarding the Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain. She took my credit card information and said that my fountain would be shipped out to me the week of Aug. 20th. Shipping is free and both artists are going to sign the fountain :)

Just received my call. August 20-22. Can't wait!

Just got my call today at 11:00am....They are definately working their way down the list! No shipping charges either... They are also having Kevin and Jody sign them for us, hence the delay. They have some fountains in already, but they need to be signed. I'm a little more at ease, and glad that list wasn't a sham afterall! haha :lol:

Also, an FYI from another website. The standard batteries are not good to use, and it was recommended to try to use lithium batteries. It increases the fountain's water height via the pump being more powerful, and last a bit longer than the akaline. I've heard life expectancy on akalines are around 5 hours of runtime.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-07-31 11:07 ]

I just received my call !!! As mentioned , shipping 8/20. I guess we can relax now. Time to take a deep breath Tom.

S
Sync posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2008 12:02 PM

Just got my call today. Same story, so things are lookin' good. CC will be charged on Mon 8/4, shipping expected around 8/20, all fountains to be signed by the artists.

If what THEDICAS heard is true, that mean they must have more than enough fountains for everyone on the list? I mean, if they can't even fulfill all the people on their list, they won't have any left for sale at Disneyana in October...... unless they are making more than 600.

I wonder how many people put their name on the waiting list that day.

TS

On 2008-08-01 13:43, wishyouwell wrote:
I wonder how many people put their name on the waiting list that day.

The Event Merchandise employee said they were only filling the list to 500.
In other words:
The day of the event had approximately 40 fountains onhand for that day.
That means the employee walked the line taking orders only until she took the 460th fountain order and closed it(she did take orders totaling the 500LE). She did not continue taking the list over the 460th fountain. I asked the castmember specifically, and she said she was tallying the number of fountains every 5-10 people to keep an accurate track of numbers, to guarantee lineholders a fountain, and to avoid an oversell. I don't think any fountains will be left over to be sold at Disneyana or Delivears, since the list was filled on the day of the event.
Also, if they decided to make more than the 500(actually 460, since 40 were sold the day of the event) LE pieces, Disney could be held liable for false representation of their merchandise. I wouldn't think that Disney would open up that can of worms, but you never know!

TS

A fountain just sold on ebay last night for $580.00+ shipping, 11 bids :roll: ....rediculous....On a brighter note, I also wanted to add that maybe some people might have changed their minds who were on the list, which would free up some fountains for Disneyana sales. That could be a strong possibility. I would say to call Delivears ( 1-800-362-4533) on Monday if you were not an attendee that day, or didn't make it on the list. I would think that the callbacks should be close to complete by now.

I'm not sure if this adds any fuel to the fire but....

I was also at the park the day of the event and stuck it out for 3 hours. Nobody told us about a list, and my name wasn't taken down at that time. I did call Deliverears a day or two later and found out they were still taking orders for the fountains, apparently since they did not receive the original list of names when I called. I told the castmember I was in the line but not on the list, and she took my order, but didn't ask for a receipt number for the purchases I made that day to verify I was there (although I certainly could have).

So I called Deliverears earlier this week to see if I was still on the list, I was told I would 'probably' be getting one in the second shipment in October, and my order was in the system as a backorder.

What I take from this is that Disney did not max out the waiting list on the day of the event, and that if you called within a day or two after, you would still have a chance to get a fountain as well.

While there is certainly a lot of interest in the fountain, 500 is actually quite a lot of anything if you think about it. Of course, I'll know for sure if and when my 'probably' becomes a 'definitely'.

That's interesting.

Maybe they have the limited edition and then some open edition, like those Robert Olszewski miniture models. (I never understand the different)
BTW - he is making a Enchanted Tiki Room Gallery of Light if anyone interested.

[ Edited by: wishyouwell 2008-08-02 14:18 ]

T

i'm getting a little antsy since i haven't gotten my call yet. but i was pretty far back in line and maybe they stopped calling for the weekend?!?! (i hope, i hope . . .) anyone get a call since Friday?

Well maybe for those who didn't get put on the list, maybe they maxed out before they reached you. Just a thought. I recieved my call on Friday at 11:30 Am which is funny because I missed the call because I was at Disneyland. But I called them back yesterday and I am set, I know that when I got in line I was the 112th person in line and I was standing in front of the clothing shop on the second half of the street if that helps anyone to figure out where they ran out of them for the list, just see how much further back you were, also keep in mind some people might have asked for 2 fountains which would make it max out at person #230. I only got one so someone else could enjoy one. But they were asking us if we wanted one or two. Either way I hope that everyone in line gets one.

Well if it takes them three days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) to get to the 112th person on the list, it prob be another week before they get to you if you are on the back of the line. Don't worry too much.

Z

An update from my mom, she made the trip from Denver for the Tiki Room merchandise.

She was in line and added to the list for the fountain and just received her call last Thursday but missed it and finally connected today (8/5). The information from the one person handling the orders when you call back is that ALMOST everyone has been called, and they are waiting on some calls back from those who did not answer. After reading the threads here, she asked questions and was told Yes, there will be a SECOND shipment in September, but that shipment is PART of the 500 limited edition and that there is no plan for any shipment/orders for an additional casting edition. Disney’s shipment is just coming in two parts. The fountains were just signed yesterday by Kevin and Jody. They are processing the credit cards orders this week. The fountain is expected to ship via UPS the 20th (with delivery signature required), and they are offering to give you the tracking number if you call Thursday (the following day). Also, no shipping charges. They have made calls for only the number of fountains they can fill with this shipment. If you haven’t been called, you’re no doubt in shipment #2 in September.

T

thanks for the "pep talks". I did get my call on Monday, but didn't get the message until i got home from work. i called back the next day and they took all my info. yipee!!

BTW, i keep forgetting to tell you all that the day i was at D'land, they had a new "pocket pal" from the Tiki Room at Disneyana. this one is even more awesome than the first (Pele). i'd post a pic, but i don't know how. one of these days i'll figure it out . . .

TS

Would it be this one that Colddeadfish.net posted?

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-06 21:54 ]

T

that would be it. awesome, no? 'course now i have another excuse for not learning how to post pix . . .

Oh cool, how much is this one?
I hope it is not limited edition. I am tired of that game.

T

Hi Wishyouwell,
if i recall correctly, it was $20. it has a "secret" magnetized pull-out compartment that is the perfect size for holding two or three hand-rolled cigarettes, if you know what i mean . . wink, wink.

i'm sure it IS limited edition, but i don't think they're selling out too fast. no fanfare associated with their release. if you want one, PM me and i'll check for one next time i'm there. or you can call DelivEars.

I got my phone call from Disney about a week ago from being put on the list in the looongggg line at the event. But at least they called back as promised! I only ordered one for my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom. I hope everyone who ordered one gets their's! I'll post some photos of my bathroom as soon as I get the fountain up and running! And hey, does it run on batteries, plug in or both plug in and batteries? A cast member at the event said only plug in, but I saw an earlier post about using lithium batteries. What's the scoop? Aloha!

TS

Unfortunately it only runs on batteries. Both would have been cool. I'm leary about batteries only, and am looking into converting it to run off of household current.
Check these topics out.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29174&forum=5

http://micechat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2908910&postcount=11

Thanks Tom for answering my question about the power source! Actually, I'm very happy about the battery power as it would have been REALLY difficult to have an AC cord where I'm displaying it in my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom. It's an apartment bathroom and the wall outlet isn't where I need it for the fountain, so this will work out great! I'll be posting photos very soon!

They should be shipping the first boat load signed By Kev and Jody this week!
I'm looking foward to seeing this up and running in person! Anyone want to upload the un-butchered full show in mp3 format? hahaha (hint) :P
If anyone get theirs in, and running, let me( or all of us) know how it turns out!
I can hear the tiki drummers now..... :wink:

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-17 23:05 ]

We called today and they said they only got a limited supply in the second shipment and we don't know when the next shipment is. Maybe they were hedging their bets, but I'm not sure.

Received my fountain today at my home. At work now so I will have to wait to see it. Shipped this week like I was told. What a surprise !!!!

Does that mean we will start seeing loads of fountains pop up on ebay?? LOL

I see 4 so far......

[ Edited by: wishyouwell 2008-08-21 19:11 ]

S
Sync posted on Thu, Aug 21, 2008 2:07 PM

UPS just dropped off 2 boxes that match the photos on another site (with Disney UPC #)-- UPS rang the bell but didn't wait 30 seconds for me to answer and sign. Boxes say ## of 260. Lookin' good, no damage to boxes, haven't opened them yet. Don't look for them on eBay though, as I'm keepin' mine...

I just got my fountain today unscathed, but have a question which I also posted under General Tiki-Tiki Bathrooms. No instructions came with it. Where does the small brown circular disc with 5 holes in it go? I assume on top of the fountain spigots, but wasn't sure. Also, how does the motor pump mount on the inside? And lastly, how much and where do you put the water in? Thanks for any help! It's not highly intricate to assemble, but I can't believe it didn't come with instructions!

S
Sync posted on Thu, Aug 21, 2008 3:08 PM

Follow up-- just checked them out in detail. Look pretty good, both signed by Kevin & Jody.

One slightly odd thing though, is the topknot pieces. Both have some paper wrapping around their base, and when uncovering it on one it revealed a yellow glue which appeared that it might be a break that was then glued and was a little disturbing. On the other one, it was also paper wrapped but there was no glue-- the topknot however is not a continuous piece molded onto the roof of the fountain, but has a wire running between with a little bit of play in it (probably a good idea, as it would appear to be a fragile piece). No glue on the second one. Not a terribly serious problem I guess, but makes me wonder about it. The one with the glue is a low-2 digit number and the other is a mid-3 digit number in the ##-of 260 count, so perhaps the earlier one they used glue & later decided wire was better? Or earlier they used both glue & wire and later decided glue was unnecessary? Or I suppose the wire may have been broken on the one during manufacture and glue was used to fix? Some glue was slopped on the roof too, so it wasn't as carefully done as the rest of the fountain, though I think I can remove it with care.

I did notice that you need to be very careful putting the piece back into the styrofoam, as if you try to cover the topknot with the plastic bag, putting it into the styrofoam will stretch the plastic out and likely push on the topknot. The main piece with the roof & topknot fits REALLY tight into the styrofoam so it's necessary to manage it with care. The packaging is not all that great for repacking if you only use the fountain on special occasions, but it sure will need protection if you're going to stick it in your closet between luaus. I suspect the paper wrap was there to sturdy up the topknot for shipping, knowing that it is wired and could handle some bending but not too much. Would be interested in hearing other reports on the state of your "topknot" for comparison.

Generally though, this thing is way cool. Bigger than I realized, now finally getting to see one in person. A complicated item to have made I'm sure-- and is pretty clearly carefully hand painted and assembled. An amazing piece, really.

S
Sync posted on Thu, Aug 21, 2008 3:11 PM

On 2008-08-21 14:24, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
I just got my fountain today unscathed, but have a question which I also posted under General Tiki-Tiki Bathrooms. No instructions came with it. Where does the small brown circular disc with 5 holes in it go? I assume on top of the fountain spigots, but wasn't sure. Also, how does the motor pump mount on the inside? And lastly, how much and where do you put the water in? Thanks for any help! It's not highly intricate to assemble, but I can't believe it didn't come with instructions!

I did get instructions, two pages of 8x10 folded and stuck in the box (on the outside of the foam, at the top on both of mine). Pretty simple-- the piece with the holes covers the water jets, and you fill it with water at the base. No real info on "mounting" the motor, but shows it with the hose connection up, sitting on the bottom piece-- it's a semi-submersible pump it appears.

Thanks for the info Sync!!

WooHoo!! I received my fountain today :)

TS

I got mine too......I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. The setup sucks...plain and simple. I can spit further than the fountain can on brand new batteries. I really am going to try to hook this up to an electrical outlet. The look of the fountain is very nice, but to get it to actually act like a fountain, Well, good luck! You might actually see my name selling this on ebay. I feel like I've paid $125.00 more than the "fountain" is really worth. Brand new batteries, and still it drools....

Since mine didn't come with the instructions and speaking of drooling, I'm afraid I have more questions now that the fountain's set up. How much water do you put in? I put in just a bit in the middle of the base where the fountain screws in and it drooled. Do you just pour the water in the circle surrounding the fountain or pour some in before screwing it in the base? And do the wires need to be mounted in that white clip up inside the round part of the fountain? Can the wires and motor get completely wet? Otherwise, what's that clip for? And I assume it's ok to use bottled drinking water? It's cleaner I'd think. Thanks so much for any help with these questions!

Here are 2 photos of my fountain in it's new home, my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom! See my other photos under General Tiki/Tiki Bathroom.

Funny putting the fountain with tiny parrots right next to that monster parrot. :)

112th person in line, just got my fountain yesterday. In fact I didn't even know that it came until I tracked it today, I guess they are not requiring a signature like they said. They left if on my front porch and when I got my mail yesterday it wasn't there, I left for work through the back door this morning, so when I got to work this morning and called Disney for the tracking number they told me it would come today and I had to sign for it, so when I tracked it, it said delivered yesterday at 2:30, I called home and lucky for me my honey was still at home and brought it in for me. Disney doesn't seem to know what the left had is doing sort of speak, if I wouldn't of tracked it myself and just took their word for it, it would of sat out there all day, as it was it sat there all night. As far as the signature goes, they said if I wasn't there they would leave a call slip. Which isn't so, so if your not home have a neighbor keep an eye out for you. Nothing worse then a package left out when no ones home and we all know that if someone stole it Disney might not enough to replace it with. So when I open it I will let you know how it turns out.

Wishyouwell,
Why don't you know, that's Parrotzilla! Actually, that's a great talking, dancing parrot I got at Toys R Us. He's awesome! I play the Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack in there and he dances to it!

Got my fountain yesterday. I broke off two of the fountain jets while trying to position them. They are just glued on and not very well. I was having problems with the water pressure as well. I re-glued all the jets with epoxy glue for plastic and replaced the batteries. It now works great. I think that the water was leaking from around the bottom of the jets that caused the pressure to go down. I just wish there was an option to run the lights only, the pump must suck up a lot of power from the batteries. It seems like lots of disney items are now battery powered, what ever happened to a good old wall plug? I have to say that visually the fountain is beautiful and even if it did not work I would still be happy to stare at it!!! Besides, it makes my tiki drummer and Tongaroa happy - now they are asking for the Barker Bird (how do I break it to them that stupid me missed out on that one when they were on sale at disneydirect)

On 2008-08-22 19:19, disneydan wrote:
Got my fountain yesterday.

By the looks of it, you should have received all 4 or more of your fountains. :roll:
Pretty crazy how most of us were limited to (2) fountain purchases, yet you've managed to flip 3 of them on ebay already. At least the rent is covered this month...heh :wink:

Hi Sync & DisneyDan,
I was at Disneyland today and got all my questions answered about the fountain; filling water and how much, motor questions, etc. They actually had one broken one there at the Disneyana shop so I could show them what I was talking about. And Disneydan, since the water pressure is sooo weak, I just simply unplugged and removed the water pump motor from it's harness and the lights run just fine without it! I agree, I would have bought this fountain just as a display piece with lights only it's so cool! Also, a decorating tip. That stark white battery cover? Just take a brown permanant Marks-a-Lot pen and color it and it blends in pretty darn good!

Thanks enchanted tiki guy! I wonder where we can find miniature plastic pineapples to put in the fountain bowl.

GOT MINE! YAY..but???? DO EVERYONES FOUNTIANS JUST SPIT OUT ABOUT 1 1/2" HIGH INCH OF WATER?? just making sure that's all they are going to do & it's not broke?....

S
Sync posted on Mon, Aug 25, 2008 2:59 PM

On 2008-08-25 14:49, Hiphipahula wrote:
GOT MINE! YAY..but???? DO EVERYONES FOUNTIANS JUST SPIT OUT ABOUT 1 1/2" HIGH INCH OF WATER?? just making sure that's all they are going to do & it's not broke?....

Pretty much. You might want to choose AA's that are higher on the voltage side-- many rechargeables are 1.3V instead of 1.5V. NIMH for example, are rated as "typically 1.2V."

--

Sync

Pages: 1 2 60 replies