Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

T

On 2008-08-25 14:49, Hiphipahula wrote:
GOT MINE! YAY..but???? DO EVERYONES FOUNTIANS JUST SPIT OUT ABOUT 1 1/2" HIGH INCH OF WATER?? just making sure that's all they are going to do & it's not broke?....

We got ours today, and it doesn't even put out any water; seriously, the water doesn't make it all the way up the tube. Every now and then one little drop of water will bloom over a nozzle tip, but that's as much as we get. We've tried several different sets of batteries, but nada.

The fountain looks nice, though, and the LEDs are pretty; I may just disconnect the little pump that couldn't so we don't have to listen to it (it's quite loud) while it's not doing anything useful but still at least enjoy the light show.

TS

I just had to reseal my pump because it was shorting out and turning the fountain off completely. I used alkaline sunbeam and duracell batteries and finally energizer lithiums. The lithiums worked best allowing the 2-3" stream of water jet out just under the bird perch. The pumps are fairly easy to replace if one doesn't work. Most hobby stores, and some garden centers carry these mini submersable pumps. Just be prepared to snip the wiring harness off of the old pump to retrofit the newer pump. After my silicon based sealant dries up(its waterproof and moldproof). I'll let you know how it works.

T

i got my fountain last week and just had a chance to set it up this weekend. It's awesome!! instructions ARE included, so look for them. check both boxes, in and around the styrofoam. the topknot was packed with paper twisted around it for reinforcement. mine are solidly attached. if you have floppiness, wires and/or glue involved, you might have a beef with Disney. however, i think Disney was very 'stand up' about the whole affair. sending all these fountains out with free shipping was the least they could do considering how everyone was inconvenienced, but they kept their word on everything, as far as i can tell. anyway, the fountain spigots are not meant to be glued in (or down). they swivel, so you can position them the way you like them. also, the electrical wire connection is supposed to be hooked over the clip inside to keep it out of the water. make sure you put enough water in the base. a pump is not supposed to run dry (that's why it makes so much noise!). Enjoy, everyone!

T

Well, mine had plenty of water, and the wires were hooked over the internal clip, so that doesn't seem to be the reason it's running so loud and pumping so poorly (granted, when there is no water it's even louder). I even tried testing the pump in a deeper pan of water, and it still can't get water more than 2/3 the way up the tube, even with brand new lithium batteries. I suspect I may just have a defective pump. I'm going to try replacing it, and the tube assembly too, with new ones, and may try to move to A/C while I'm at it.

On 2008-08-26 16:33, thedivas wrote:
i got my fountain last week and just had a chance to set it up this weekend. It's awesome!! instructions ARE included, so look for them. check both boxes, in and around the styrofoam. the topknot was packed with paper twisted around it for reinforcement. mine are solidly attached. if you have floppiness, wires and/or glue involved, you might have a beef with Disney. however, i think Disney was very 'stand up' about the whole affair. sending all these fountains out with free shipping was the least they could do considering how everyone was inconvenienced, but they kept their word on everything, as far as i can tell. anyway, the fountain spigots are not meant to be glued in (or down). they swivel, so you can position them the way you like them. also, the electrical wire connection is supposed to be hooked over the clip inside to keep it out of the water. make sure you put enough water in the base. a pump is not supposed to run dry (that's why it makes so much noise!). Enjoy, everyone!

Disney = Quality for the masses

Sorry to hear that your new fountain's isn't much of a fountain. They sure do look freakin awesome though.

T

Thanks to the one and only Tiki-Kate, I have a tiki room fountain (big sigh of relief) - and it rocks! :D

mahalo again Kate!

I still haven't got mine yet, mailing address is in Rochester, NY. I wonder why.

[ Edited by: wishyouwell 2008-08-27 04:20 ]

If you didnt get one, you are probably set for the 2nd shipment in October. They only got so many for the 1st shipment.

K

Very Disappointed with my fountains. I had to reseal around the jets and it worked great for about 2 hours. The pump completely died. I sent my other fountain to my sister and she had the same problem. They really should have tested these before they went out. I can understand a few malfunctions but everyone should not have to jimmy-rig their $150 fountain to make it at least passable. I agree, it looks great but I would really like one that functions as promised. I am taking both back to Disneyland today.

Can someone please consider locking this thread? Oh, the humanity of Disney and his cheap fountain!

At least move it over to Bilge?

(Just kidding, cuz I secretly really want one)!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-08-28 15:59 ]

I know what you all mean. At least Disney Delivears did keep their promise and sent me one with free shipping and let me use my premium annual passport for a discount, so it came to $145.00 total. Not bad. I just use the fountain with the lights on only. I'll just put water in it for special occasions or friends visiting.

I finally got mine yesterday. Replaced the batteries that came with with Duracell and the water jets got pretty high, Make it seems like the birds are getting hosed at. I want to replace the pumb with a AC one, and leave the lights run on batteries, but I am worry the jets will get too high if the pump is too powerful, can anyone suggest what speed/type/model of pump should we use for this?

I think a year has gone by since the last post on this thread, but I just got my fountain yesterday... Bought it on ebay for a fair markup and picked it up 20 minutes from Disneyland. I had read this post to actually find out about the fountain only 6 days ago.

So, I was really anxious and put it together in about 3 minutes and didn't think that the batteries would be so hard to replace. Of course, the fountain didn't even produce water, but the lights worked fine. I found a pack of energizer batteries for digital cameras we had around and put them in. Not sure htat I got the screws all the way tightened - more on that later.

Well, my fountain immediately started shooting water as high as the birds... In fact, it really gets them swinging around pretty good.

I seemed to get most of my questions answered by playing around with it. HOWEVER, I do have one thing to ask about that I haven't heard anyone mention. It has the "clapper" built in, where you clap and it turns the whole thing on and off... That works fine, but it often turns off on it's own after 20 seconds and I have to clap to turn it on. It almost seems like it's extremely sensitive to noise and any sound turns it off! The whole clapper thing is a feature I could do without. Anyone have any experience with this...? Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 60 replies