Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

RECIPE: Hot Dog Tartare

Pages: 1 5 replies

W

As many of you know one of my life's goals is to make fine gourmet dishes more appealing to the common man. Here, for the first time anywhere is my take on classic Steak Tartare. It's easy to make and perfect for summer. Enjoy!

Hot Dog Tartare

1 lb. "raw" hot dogs
2 T yellow mustard
2 T sweet relish
1 T ketchup

1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup sauerkraut squeezed dry and chopped fine
1 fried egg

Finely chop the hot dogs. Mix the chopped hot dogs, mustard, sweet relish, and ketchup together. Put in refrigerator to chill at least two hours.

To serve: Mound the Hot Dog Tartare on a chilled plate. Place the chopped onions on one side of the Hot Dog Tartare, the chopped sauerkraut on the other. Top the Hot Dog Tartare with the fried egg.

Serve with toasted thin slices of hot dog bun.

Chili Dog Tartare

Omit the mustard, relish, and ketchup and mix the chopped hot dogs with a 1/2 cup of cold chili. Replace the chopped sauerkraut with 1/4 finely diced American cheese.

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 08:45 The the bastard went and edited it again on 2012-01-10. Why? Why is he like that?]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-01-10 21:11 ]

V

That sounds really good, and as a great fan of steack tartare (I used to have one every sunday for some time), I'll be happy to try that recipe.
Thanks

W

There yuh go folks, a testimonial from a bona fide FRENCH MAN!

Virani: I highly encourage yuh to serve this to friends and family as an example of American gourmet food.

Slap an egg on these babies and chow down.

W

BUMP So that if you're looking for something different for the Fourth you can consider this recipe.

Not tartare, but raw. The HD tartare sounds worth trying.

Pages: 1 5 replies