Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A good day for Museum Putty

Pages: 1 31 replies

Anybody here in LA just feel that gentle rolling earthquake ? (At least here in Burbank it was gentle and rolling)

I was just getting out of the shower...NOT a fun place to be....

I waited to hear the sound of breaking ceramics, that luckily never came.

Time to use that museum Putty I have laying around :roll:

It felt kinda back and fouth rollie and was kinda fun.

Fun...NOT !

T

TikiG here -
I'm in Van Nuys at work and it felt pretty substantial; the jolt did not happen at first and the rolling motion continued for some time. I understand it was centered near Chino Hills and is rated at a 5.8

Hope this is not a precursrr to a bigger quake later today...hope everyone is fine. Later.

M

On 2008-07-29 12:00, TikiG wrote:
TikiG here -
I'm in Van Nuys at work and it felt pretty substantial; the jolt did not happen at first and the rolling motion continued for some time. I understand it was centered near Chino Hills and is rated at a 5.8

Hope this is not a precursrr to a bigger quake later today...hope everyone is fine. Later.

In Van Nuys as well.
Watched the cars rolling in the parking lot, kinda cool.
I hope my mugs are OK.
Just this weekend I thought I better secure them better...
procrastination kills.

Aaaah, it's been a while. I find the experience very invigorating, sort of brings things down to the basics. I am glad my Australian friend Martin Mcintosh got to experience a genuine California roller now, it was a LONG one. No mug losses this time, it wasn't "jumpy" enough.

I had a 3 1/2 foot tall tiki I was working on that managed to keep standing on the shakey table it was on. Interesting feeling here in Riverside. All is fine.

I didn't feel a thing

Mission Viejo was Shaking, Rattling, & Rolling too! WooHoo! :)

We don't feel your hurricanes either :)

N

It was felt substantially even here in Ojai. Definitely a long one.

HELP!
I'm trapped under rubble at work in Laguna canyon!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAALP!

R

What the hell! :o

I never felt an earthquake before.
That was scary!

This east coast girlie was spooked!

Welcome to Californy !

Me east coast too...moved here 1 year after the Northridge disaster :roll:

On 2008-07-29 12:03, Murph wrote:

TikiG here -

In Van Nuys as well.
I hope my mugs are OK.
procrastination kills.

Hey, if y'all see a car in your neighborhood lodged against an abutment, please be sure to shoo any transients away before they use it as a toilet. Thanks!

A

Mom is in Anaheim Hills, right near the epicenter in Chino Hills. She says it shook all the cabinet doors open. All the drawers and file cabinets shook open. All the framed art is askew. It rained bric a brac in her house, moved furniture. To those who do not live in quake zones, Earthquakes that move furniture are substantial. Poly Pop is in Chino Hills, haven't gotten him yet, I hope there's no mug damage
Mahalo,
Al

I just got an email from Tiki Farm Sharon and she said, "All is well at The Farm." WooHoo! :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-07-29 13:09 ]

V

My sister felt it in Oceansdide. My Aunt works in Chino Hills and Lives in Chino
no word of a any damage.

HEEEEEEELP!
I'm still stuck here
trapped under tons of rubble in Laguna Canyon!
Won't anybody come rescue us here!?!?!?!
HAAAAAAAALP!

LT

On 2008-07-29 13:19, little lost tiki wrote:
HEEEEEEELP!
I'm still stuck here
trapped under tons of rubble in Laguna Canyon!
Won't anybody come rescue us here!?!?!?!
HAAAAAAAALP!

LLT's going to become a tiki artifact for future Indiana Jones types to rediscover one day! :D

Got some good shakes down here in San Diego. When I saw the thread title I immediately called home to check on me mugs. I'm in the process of putting up some new shelves and the pieces that have been moved to their new home have not been secured yet. Fortunately, no loses! :drink:

I'm trapped too! I'm under all my rum bottles.

I guess I'm going to have to drink myself to safety.

I was on a conference call with a consultant in Corona.

They started yelling "earthquake".. and sure enough.. 15 seconds later.... we felt it..

it was the first time Ive ever been forewarned that an earthquake was coming....

wierd.

I think your to LOST to rescue!

I love how the first concern is for mugs!

I joke but I was in S.F. for the biggun' in 89, not fun or funny!!!

Hope she's done. keep your eye on Rainier!

with all of the activity we have seen this last year..... We may need to sacrifice a maiden and Humahuma is back!

R

i'm dreading going home.even though i use quake snot on my mugs with 1,500 mugs i'm sure it isn't good.i will update later.

N

On 2008-07-29 12:47, Al-ii wrote:
Mom is in Anaheim Hills, right near the epicenter in Chino Hills. She says it shook all the cabinet doors open. All the drawers and file cabinets shook open. All the framed art is askew. It rained bric a brac in her house, moved furniture. To those who do not live in quake zones, Earthquakes that move furniture are substantial. Poly Pop is in Chino Hills, haven't gotten him yet, I hope there's no mug damage
Mahalo,
Al

I hope SHAG's museum of a home is okay.

O.K. ...is there really a product called "quake snot"? Thats great if there is, if not...... there should be!

I was standing inline waiting for lunch at a sandwich shop, didn't feel much. I get back to the office, and find they evacuated the building for 15mins. I'm about 69 miles NW of Chino Hills, in Valencia.

A

We felt it in San Diego in at Dog Beach in OB. Seemed like it disrupted my WiFi for a while. Strangely, my dogs usually can't wait to get out in the water and this morning they didn't want get out of the car.

On 2008-07-29 12:47, BrickHorn wrote:

On 2008-07-29 12:03, Murph wrote:

TikiG here -

In Van Nuys as well.
I hope my mugs are OK.
procrastination kills.

Hey, if y'all see a car in your neighborhood lodged against an abutment, please be sure to shoo any transients away before they use it as a toilet. Thanks!

"Ah... what's that smell man!?!"

I felt it in Southwest Riverside County. I was standing waiting to give my order at a Hawaiian fast food place. As I felt the ground slowly go back and fourth, the guy behind the counter yelled "Everyone Hula!"

My brother felt it in Encinitas and my folks felt it out in Palm Springs.

Ha! first thing I did was have my son and I run for the door, on the way I thought "Tiki mugs!" Oh well,...

Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada'
http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/117-34.html

Pages: 1 31 replies