Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kayaking teens accused of tiki bar beer theft

Pages: 1 12 replies

S

Kayaking teens accused of tiki bar beer theft
PORTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Two teenagers have been arrested after kayaking across a lake and stealing beer and energy drinks from a man's beachfront tiki bar.

Lt. Bill Lux of the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office says officers were dispatched Thursday morning to Porter Township in western Michigan, about 60 miles south of Grand Rapids.

Several cases of beer and a case of Red Bull had been stolen from a tiki bar on the shore of Cedar Lake. The owner said he saw two men paddling away in kayaks.

Lux says some cans spilled into the water when one of the kayaks overturned. Police located the suspects by following the cans.

Five other teens were arrested at the scene, one for marijuana possession and the rest for underage possession of alcohol. All are 15 to 18 years old.

July 25, 2008 - 3:50 p.m. CDT

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 6:24 PM

Since when is "RedBull" a tiki drink?!? :P Hmmmmm, Red-bull-Rum... :o

BS

Stupid idiots..Never use a kayak for stealing booze, they're far too unstable. Better a canoe or fishing boat with an electric trolling motor for stealth.

Funny related story:

So my mom was housesitting while me and my new wife were away on honeymoon. Now, our outdoor tiki bar (The Narrow Escape) fills our sideyard space. Sometimes the neighbors hang out in their sideyard and smoke various botanicals at odd hours. They're directly on the other side of the fence, and there's not a lot of space between the houses. Fine with me, I have my own vices that carry me and friends late into the night.

Mom wakes up at 2:30 am and hears voices in the tiki bar..GASP! Someone must have walked in off the street to throw an impromptu party in our bar! She calls the police, who search the yard and knock on my neighbor's door. No one is found in the bar and the neighbors don't answer. Strangely, no booze is missing and the revelers were kind enough to close the gate when they left!

B

Teens stealing booze! Whats the world coming to!

Damn Punk Kids!

Back in my day, that sort of thing neve..... er, nevermind.

:D

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2008-08-01 09:22 ]

H

bamboo stu, it sounds like it's time to put out some booby traps.

T

Stupid kids hopped up on pot . They steal from a tiki bar and didnt even take the tiki to drink with ? Were the swizzle sticks and umbrellas harmed in this incident ? And what about the mugs ? This is a big news day and were just not getting all the facts .Ill check CNN for more info .

J

Michigan has a tiki bar?

A

I blame rap music....and skateboarding....and society!

T

This is a crime that is so vile that no punishment is harsh enough. Who in the HELL serves BEER in a tiki bar???

Dumbass flipped the kayak and we had to rescue on the row boat. Noone was in possession of the marijuana, they found it outside by a car < a joint. Cops (sheriffs rather) were morons. And i want the recording from inside the police car, it will make us famous.

On 2011-03-22 08:39, chlyknite420 wrote:
Dumbass flipped the kayak and we had to rescue on the row boat. Noone was in possession of the marijuana, they found it outside by a car < a joint. Cops (sheriffs rather) were morons. And i want the recording from inside the police car, it will make us famous.

Welcome to Tiki Central!
Write us a script of that police car dialect please.
Have Noone join up with TC too, so we can get his version.

TC needs a little action around here.

Oh ya, you re gonna burn in Pele's wrath, for breaking into a Tiki bar, so you might as well steal some beer and spark up a fatty.

Pages: 1 12 replies