Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Has anyone tried El Tiburon Jamaican rum

Pages: 1 4 replies

N
nuKKe posted on Mon, Aug 18, 2008 8:31 AM

In my neverending quest of finding rum which is not Negrita, Captain Morgan or white Bacardi in Tel Aviv's liquer stores, I came across A Jamaican Rum called El Tiburon that comes in a fancy faux-suede pouch and costs too much for an impulsive purchase.
I tried to look for a review online but couldn't find anything. Neither could I find anything Tiburon on Tiki Central besides that bar.

Thanks,

nuKKe

Never heard of it. Here is a site that has quite a comprehensive listing, but no Tiburón. No Negrita for that matter.

Ask Scottes if he's heard of it. You could PM him here or hit him up at Scottes' Rum Pages.

N
nuKKe posted on Sat, Aug 23, 2008 8:30 AM

thanks for the reply. The obscurity intrigues me but not enough to pay ~$85 for it.
A couple of days ago I noticed El Tiburon Tequila in another store. Similar bottle, similar price. I don't trust different drinks marketed under the same brand, so I guess I'll let this one go.

Google found a rum called "Tiburon Gran Reserva" from Aruba, and also what appears to be an unrelated line of bottled cocktails branded TibuRon from Toorank Distilleries in the Netherlands. I didn't find any rum named "El Tiburon" or anything named Tiburon from Jamaica. I'd pass it up, it's probably some sort of promotional tie-in rather than an actual rum producer.

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Sep 5, 2008 12:51 PM

On 2008-08-23 10:09, oysterschnapps wrote:
I'd pass it up, it's probably some sort of promotional tie-in rather than an actual rum producer.

I'll take your word for it and pass it up. In the late 1970's my grandfather imported to Israel Old Mr. Boston's fine spirits, and my parents rave about the bottled Pina Colada til these days. I know to keep away from 'general distilleries' :)

Pages: 1 4 replies