Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

HUGE mahaloz to my tiki central ohana!

Pages: 1 18 replies

i had a tough time this last year physically, mentally and financially. lemme tell ya, tiki oasis was definitely an oasis in the desert to me. the love, kindness, friendship and hospitality this last week makes me tear up every time i think about it. mahalo to everybody who had a kind word for me, which was everbody i talked to. i received so many gifts of art, kind words, smiles and hugs last week. mahalo especially to the ohana who opened their homes and studios to me: bosko and truus, buzzy and zaya, ric and monica, kinny ruzic, paul, debadeba and miles nielsen and bamboo ben and mrs boo. mahalo to pdrake, ocea otica, squid, da munktiki boys, tiki tony and alene, gecko, mieko, buzzy, gotiki and jonesEy for the awesome gifts. i hope i got everyone. my roadtrip with jonesEy was amazing again this year. i'll try to write a travelogue again this year, but i need to get some pics from jonesEy. and a super duper special mahalo to jonesEy and benzart. i told jonesEy on sunday night when we parted ways, that outside of my wife and kids i wouldn't wanna spend a week with anybody else. we're already talking about next year's trip. we have 3 offers to visit: hiphipahula, tiki diablo and matt reese. (ok, so maybe i invited myself to matt's place, but he seemed to like the idea!) benz, i hope you know how special our friendship is to me. your messages of love and understanding have helped me so much. happy happy happy!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-08-19 09:11 ]

T

Oasis 07 KTD trip

Hope you don't mind me posting this link to last years trip so people don't have to wait too long for some pictures. Sorry to hear about your tough times, I'm going through them myself so we can be in the same boat. Or outrigger.

You know I'll be looking forward to see what you post. Sounds like you got the VIP extended version of a Oasis event. When actually Oasis was just a piece of your week but a great one by the list of all those names. Cheers.

thanks for posting that link jordan. you're another whose friendship i cherish. it's good to have kindred souls who love modern tiki art like i do.

B

What can I say but HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY

Bullet-you ROCKETH!
Jonesy is the perfect travellin companion
so knowledgeable and a kind soul to boot!
you both ROCKETH!
and thanks for the visit
you are welcome here anytime! :)

You're welcome anytime you please. The Lava Flow Inn's doors are always open for friends.

thanks matt, ben and kinny! matt, i'm really looking forward to seeing da lava flow inn and getting to know you better. i hope da other finkniks will be around too.

R

Bullet!
I'm glad HipHip took me along, it was real rad meeting you and Jonesy as well!
nice to put a face to the name!
I wish I had my camera and takin pics when I went tho...
always another time!

cheers! :drink:

it was great meeting you too, ravenne. it was really fun hanging at ric and monica's house. i don't know why dan and wendy split so soon!

great seeing you at Ben's shindig, bullet. I'm glad we had time to talk - you're a class act. Those San Diegans have some kick-butt hidaways, and good peeps too.

See you up at the FI parking lot sale in a few weeks!

Aloha Bull!! Always a pleasure seeing you again! Thanks for making my Tiki Oasis a blast! Can't wait for next year. Some picts at Ric and Monica's' with Gecko...

Since you missed Dan and Wendy...

Securing the loot :lol:

Some action photos...

Jonesey and Gecko

Jonesey and Ravenne...Nice meeting you both!!

Some of the goods...

More picts of the room crawl to come....

Freddie

hey polynesiac, it's always good to see ya too, jim. nice score from ben's sale. it's fun to talk story with someone as knowedgable and friendly as you. see ya at f.i. soon.
freddie, mahalo for adding the great pics. i hope you don't mind if i use a couple for my travelogue. it was so good to see ya last week. freddie, gecko and ailie treated my ohana like royalty when we visited oahu 2 years ago. i'm really glad ya got to meet your mainland braddah buzzy too.

HOK

:) Use whatever you need! Thanks for the hospitality...A couple of picts coming soon from your and Joneseys room...Aloha, Freddie

Z
Zaya posted on Wed, Aug 20, 2008 10:15 AM

It was so great getting to spend time with you and Jonesey! I'll remember this wonderful weekend forever. I can't wait until the next time we can all be together again. Come visit anytime! :) xxx

Zaya

thanks zaya! you and buzzy are aces! hopefully i won't have to wait til oasis next year before i get to hang with you again.

Isn't it true that even when we don't see each other for a year that when we do get together it's like a great time with family. It's as if we were never apart. Thanks Freddie for the photos. King we are here when ever you need a hug, Wendy and Dan

HOK

Aloha Wendy! More picts for you coming soon :)

Freddie

Thanks again Ric & Monica for welcoming us to your humble tiki abode, what a fantastic home! Dawn, Bullet, Jonesey, Gec... you guys Rock!! Waiting for those photos from Jonesey ...taps toe... :roll: It was really fun just having the time to hang out for a few days starting at Damon's. Next year I promise I will have my new home bar happening all mugs shelved & we will meet up here for sure on your way out...crosses fingers.. I miss you already!

LT

Hey Bullet!

After all of the PMs and emails it was great to finally meet you face-to-face. I look forward to reading the rest of your travelogue, your trips to and from Oasis are almost as exciting as the event itself! You've got a good heart dude, I hope to run in to you again soon.

Pages: 1 18 replies