Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I have got this Tiki - Where it comes from??

Pages: 1 28 replies

N

Vintage Wood Monkey Pod Tiki - Hawaii Tiki Bar.
Does anyone know anything about this statue. Where it comes from and who made it etc.?? Thank you.

And what about this one?? I would like to buy it, but would like to have more information.

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 10:36 ]

Hmmm...Ein Hawaiianischer Touristen-Tiki, wahrscheinlich maschinell in den Phillipinen geschnitzt. Ungefaehr so selten wie ein Gartenzwerg in Deutschland...sorry. Aber der zweite ist schon etwas spezieller, zwar auch ein Touristen-Tiki, aber nicht ganz so Massenware. Sorry, Tiki-sammeln in Deutschland ist schwer. Sven

On 2008-08-21 13:16, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hmmm...Ein Hawaiianischer Touristen-Tiki, wahrscheinlich maschinell in den Phillipinen geschnitzt. Ungefaehr so selten wie ein Gartenzwerg in Deutschland...sorry. Aber der zweite ist schon etwas spezieller, zwar auch ein Touristen-Tiki, aber nicht ganz so Massenware. Sorry, Tiki-sammeln in Deutschland ist schwer. Sven

...piped thru babelfish...

Hmmm… a Hawaiian tourist Tiki, probably machine in the Phillipinen carved. Approximately as rarely as a garden dwarf in Germany… sorry. But second is already somewhat more particularly, also a tourist Tiki, but not completely like that mass-produced goods. Sorry, Tiki collect in Germany are heavy. Sven

:lol: ...pretty close. "Tiki collect in Germany are heavy..." ,man!

N

I have to disappoint you. The first Tiki you see I buy over ebay from someone in California (from ebay auction) that I got.

The Second One is from a German Store here...

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 13:51 ]

Next time, ask this guy:

Er ist expert.

N

Are you sure that the first one is from machine in the Phillipinen carved??
OK, I paid only $9 not too much :)

The other one is from Germany, I will buy this one.

And one question again...Who is the expert here??

THX

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 13:55 ]

On 2008-08-21 13:43, normanx wrote:
I have to disappoint you. The first Tiki you see I buy over ebay from someone in California (from ebay auction) that I got.

The Second One is from a German Store here...

...und der e-bay Verkaeufer gab an der Tiki sei aus einer Tiki Bar, nehme ich an?

And to answer your corrected question:

On 2008-08-21 13:55, normanx wrote:
Are you sure that the first one is from machine in the Phillipinen carved??
OK, I paid only $9 not too much :)

The other one is from Germany, I will buy this one.

THX

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 13:55 ]

It's me! :D

N

Yes, :) that is what was on ebay:

Vintage Wood Monkey Pod Tiki - Hawaii Tiki Bar

Nice vintage carved Tiki. Stands about 5 1/2" Inches High. Shows only light surface wear but no major flaws. Selling allot of Hawaii and Tiki items this week!

As I said, $9 :)

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 14:06 ]

...so now you know why it was only 9.- bucks! :)

N

Well, you are the "expert" not I :)

For the other one I have to pay 29 Euro. But as you said, this is a nice one...

Sind Sie deutscher (wenn ich fragen darf)??

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 14:11 ]

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy: "I am a Hamburger!"

N

I have sent you a message...

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 14:14 ]

G

On 2008-08-21 14:01, bigbrotiki wrote:

Hah! He says that to all the newcomers. :wink:

So, tell me, why exactly are the tikis in Germany so heavy? Is gravity a problem there?

N

To be honest, there is no problem here...

If you want a Tiki, you go to Ebay USA or Ebay DE and you can get as many Tiki's you wish :)

What I'm looking for is for something "special" for our stores here in Germany.

I got few samples, let's see what we can do with :)

We are still looking for something Special -- any suggestions?

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-21 15:49 ]

On 2008-08-21 15:48, normanx wrote:
To be honest, there is no problem here...

If you want a Tiki, you go to Ebay USA or Ebay DE and you can get as many Tiki's you wish :)

What I'm looking for is for something "special" for our stores here in Germany.

I got few samples, let's see what we can do with :)

We are still looking for something Special -- any suggestions?

Here are a few, nearly all found in the wild...

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and here are some Psycho suggestions)!

N

Great collection :)

N

Well, seems we have the same Tiki's Psycho Tiki D :)

[ Edited by: normanx 2008-08-22 14:34 ]

PTD, Sie haben zu viel Misten.

On 2008-08-22 15:09, Haole'akamai wrote:
PTD, Sie haben zu viel Misten.

Thayer!

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

PTD

Hey wait a minute! Don't forget about these guys...

Crap, that reminds me, I need to dust!

PTD

On 2008-08-21 15:06, GatorRob wrote:

On 2008-08-21 14:01, bigbrotiki wrote:

Hah! He says that to all the newcomers. :wink:

So, tell me, why exactly are the tikis in Germany so heavy? Is gravity a problem there?

He's not heavy, he's my Tiki

On 2008-08-21 16:24, normanx wrote:
Great collection :)

No, he just started last week, everyone in California is born with at least that many Tiki's, only they come with GOLD coins in them, you get them when the government gives us our big houses and expensive cars. It's so much work to pick out a house and a car.
Oh by the way? The Bigbrotiki guy...he repairs our Porsche's and cleans up around here.
I'll tell you what, send, lets say 50,000 Marks and I'll try to find some good tiki's for you. Okay?

Der Amerikaner spielt einen Witz auf Ihnen, aber er denkt, dass Sie gut sind, Verein zu verbinden. Sie sind mein Freund? Danke.

Ich habe nicht die große Zahl der Tikis, dass PTD tut, aber hier ist mein neu geschnitzten California Girl Tiki. :)

Ya ya, that goes to show, if you amass Tikis like a Psycho, it quickly can become a quantity before quality thing. This last assembly of ugly ducklings is enough to make any newbie believe they found the Maltese Falcon of Tiki with THEIR "nameless piece of hacked wood". I bet you have 20 sets of those rare, finely crafted giant fork and spoon sets waiting in the wings, too. :D

Oh, well, she's pretty nice, of course. Would have done better without the vampire teeth, perhaps. I recommended Kai's work over at http://www.forbidden-paradise.com/ as the best quality Tikis to be had in Germany, but I don't think Norman caught that lil' blinking "personal message" light yet, that's even hard to catch for non-newbies.

On 2008-08-22 21:01, VampiressRN wrote:

I've never seen a Tiki with it's high beams on.

She was carved by our own 4WDTiki. Here's a link to the page that follows it's creation:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22646&forum=7&start=390

Yes...4WDtiki did a fabulous job (pay no attention to the fangs) :lol:

Maybe you could hook up with a German carver...his work is amazing. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=17252&forum=7&start=0

Pages: 1 28 replies