Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in Sacramento, California?

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I'm a huge tiki fan but the greater Sacramento area seems to be devoid of anything tiki. We have a clothing store called Swanbergs on J street, but that's it. No restaurants, bars, lounges, etc. Asking for a anything like a Zombie gets you blank stares at most places. Does anyone know of a restaurant, bar or any place in this area where one might get a quality made tiki type drink?

Thank you,

Bill

Welcome to TC Bill. You are correct in that we do not have any TIKI in Sacramento. Please check out our SwanTiki event coming up the last weekend of September. :)

On 2008-08-24 10:28, thequin wrote:
I'm a huge tiki fan but the greater Sacramento area seems to be devoid of anything tiki. We have a clothing store called Swanbergs on J street, but that's it. No restaurants, bars, lounges, etc. Asking for a anything like a Zombie gets you blank stares at most places. Does anyone know of a restaurant, bar or any place in this area where one might get a quality made tiki type drink?

Thank you,

Bill

Try Eastern Empire on the corner of Howe and Fair Oaks Blvd.

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-08-24 14:22 ]

I rode by Eastern Empire to check it out one night but it was already closed. Saw it in Tiki Road Trip (of course!) What drinks do you recommend? Tiki mugs?

I also found that Fred's Szchechuan restaurant in Nevada City (next to the Mine Shaft Bar on Broad St) has classic tiki drinks served in bamboo style mugs. Not exactly Tonga Room, but when your're desperate for a tiki bar.....

:drink:

Driven by there many times and never knew it was there. I'll have to check that out - thanks!

Pages: 1 4 replies