Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki-Smith's first Post

Pages: 1 18 replies

Hi All,

I've been busy making some metal tikis and tiki sconces. I make them all myself from steel and use a variety of different finishes. Here's a couple to peek at, and to see the rest, please visit my site at http://www.tiki-smith.com

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
the Tiki Smith

I

These are friggin' awesome.

I especially love the sconces. It's like an updated version of the torchlit tiki sculpture.

Take care,

I.

Amazing, flat out amazing. I hope your work gets the attention it deserves. The lighting effects are incredible... so are the designs.

Awesome stuff! Love the sconces! Pricing?!?!

Very nice, Plasma Cutter? CNC?

cooOOOOOooool.
nicely done, good design, as I know steel work is a world of its own. These are strong architectural pieces that would be great in outdoor spaces. They must weigh a ton! lookforward to checking ot your website. Dawn

Thanks for the kind words about the work, and big props to MadDogMike with the bionic eye!

:) I've got access to a CNC plasma cutter, planning a metal volcano patio firepit. Hope to have it done by this winter

Metal Volcano, Damn! That sounds awesome. Any chance of you posting some pics after it's done?

Here's a crude plan. If someone builds one before I get a chance, let me know how it works out :)

Got plans for a similar ceramic mug too.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to the point of wretched excess.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-09-03 20:52 ]

Welcome to TC!
rad work there tiki-smith!
Love the expression on the Hapaki!
These are really cool!
Keep us posted whenever you make some more!

Just a quick note. I got my first sconce from Tim aka Tiki-smith today. I say first because I'm sure it won't be my last. I wasn't disappointed. I won't have time to get it wired and up until the weekend but expect some pics then.

Big Mahalo, Khan Tiki Mon!

I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to some pics.

-the Tiki Smith

T

Awesome! Totally awesome! Just checked out your website too... amazing stuff! Your work is almost abstract, and very cool!

Thanks for posting!

E

wow! nice stuffs there!

I got my sconce from Tiki-smith almost completely installed. I had to put a new box in and fish the wire. The sconce is installed but I haven't got juice to the box yet so I don't have pics of the sconce lit yet.

The mat behind it sets the sconce off nicely

Thanks for noticing the mat MadDogMike. I didn't want to mount the sconce directly on a bare wall. The mat is just a placemat I got from Pier One. I think being on the mat it sets the sconce off like a piece of art more then just a light.

T

Nice work. They are all great looking and are perfect for a spot I've already picked out. :lol: Would you consider going a little smaller?

Pages: 1 18 replies