Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Mag #11 (Summer '08) now sold out.

Pages: 1 14 replies

N

Tiki Mag #11 (Summer '08) is now sold out. I'd like to thank the staff, Thor for the excellent cover, all the features and all of you for reading. I'm sure you can get copies at the different stores that carry the mag and on Ebay. If you'd like a copy act soon. Working on the Fall/Winter 08-09, next cover is by the ..................Headhunter!

Nicktiki

EB

Okay, can anybody tell me where I can get a copy? I am sure I will not find one here in Austria. Come on, I need it!

T

Holy Shiznit...that was fast.

Congratz !

Sweet!

Time to up the circulation???

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Sep 2, 2008 8:59 PM

How many issues are printed each time?

And what is an average printing for other magazines (magazine in general)? Anyone

On 2008-09-02 19:47, El Buho wrote:
Okay, can anybody tell me where I can get a copy? I am sure I will not find one here in Austria. Come on, I need it!

No problemo my buddy, eh...how much money ya got?
I'm thinking a shoebox of $20's should do ya.

EB

On 2008-09-02 21:11, bananabobs wrote:

On 2008-09-02 19:47, El Buho wrote:

No problemo my buddy, eh...how much money ya got?
I'm thinking a shoebox of $20's should do ya.

That's bad, I got a plenty 20ts but no shoebox. Maybe I'll buy me a new pair of shoes and'll let you know, okay? :lol:

N

Time to up the circulation???

I would, but we're not getting enough advertising to pay for it.

How many issues are printed each time?

And what is an average printing for other magazines (magazine in general)? Anyone

Right now we're printing 12,000 an issue. Average for magazines can vary from a few thousand for niche magazines to as much as a few million (Time, Newsweek, People, US, Sports Illustrated). The bottom line is advertising pays for magazines, whether its Tiki Mag or Cosmo.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Sep 3, 2008 9:31 AM

Any chance re-issuing all back issues onto a CD for a price?
Some of the back issues are impossible to find..

It's a damn good issure, no wonder it sold out.

RH

IF YOU WANT THE SOLD OUT ISSUE, CHECK THIS OUT. . .

The wife and I just came back from Bill Winger's new shop in Dayton, Daddy Katz. He's got a few copies of the current issue and of the last 2 previous issues. You may want to check with him. His website address is http://www.daddykatzkustomkulture.com. The shop is very cool - tikis, hot rods, and pinups - OH YEAH!

Also, give a call to THE BEST DAMN STORE IN BURBANK, California -- "8 Ball", that is. They always carry Tiki Magazine, and may still have a few issues.

I'm thrilled for Nick that so many issues of Tiki Magazine have sold out. You know, people... if you subscribe you won't miss out! And, if you read NickTiki's post, it IS the advertising that pays for this fine publication. And ANYONE can advertise! Even better -- the rates for advertising are AMAZINGLY AFFORDABLE! Let's clear this up: You don't have to own a Tiki-type business to advertise. Are you an architect, guitar teacher, dressmaker? Well, what if someone who is into Tiki is looking for a like-minded architect to totally Tikify their home? What if some of our readers want someone to teach them to play surf guitar? What if our readers need some awesome custom threads for the next Hukilau or Oasis? Are you a person who can do any of these things? Then, ADVERTISE in Tiki Magazine! You will help keep this magazine (THAT YOU LOVE) going strong! And you will get some of the greatest clients and customers by advertising in Tiki Magazine, because, as we all know, people who like Tiki are some of the finest people around.

JB

Tiki Ti also had a few issues left as of last week.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2008 8:53 AM

I was at Tiki Ti this past Saturday night...Yes! they had approximately
5-10 issues of Tiki magazine left in a display behind the bar. I bought a copy ($5.00) knowing the issue was sold-out. For those who may want to drive to Tiki Ti this week - they will be closed Wednesday the 10th.

Aloha!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2008 7:24 PM

Thor's Thorstor still has issues as well as some back issues...

Pages: 1 14 replies