Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: 3 Paipo Pendants for sale!

Pages: 1 9 replies

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 10, 2008 1:17 PM

"Tangata Atea" Stone Carved Alien Tiki Pendant by Paipo

"Owhiro Beachcomber" Stone Carved Tiki Pendant by Paipo

Avana Beachcomber Stone Tangaroa Tiki Pendant by Paipo

Reduced and listed for the final time - the pendant alone was about the same amount of work as one of my regular $150 pendants, so you are getting the pebble necklace almost FREE!

See all listings on one handy page!

I'm going overseas soon, so spend up and support a starving tiki artist! :lol:

You had better find some cheaper pebbles.
Us Yanks have a little cash flow problem...

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Sep 12, 2008 4:14 PM

My pebbles are free - they don't come any cheaper than that! As for the workmanship - as I've previously stated, I make less per hour on my tiki pieces than my regular gig, so these items represent very good value for money. They are a labour of love, but I still need a return on my time as I make my living by making.

I dabbled with doing much cheaper carvings ($75-100) but they still require photographing, listing, emailing, paypal, packing and posting - it just doesn't work out being worth my while in the end.

As for the economy, I can guarantee it's worse here, but I haven't noticed any great downturn in sales from the US. If people can still afford to drop $600+ on a mass-produced restaurant menu things can't be that bad. Many of my regular customers are still buying and some newer folks are now becoming regular customers. Also, the market is global - I have sent carvings to TC folk in France and Germany recently....

These pieces are MORE than worth the price! Still hoping for a miracle so I can scoop up that Avana.

On 2008-09-12 16:14, Paipo wrote:
My pebbles are free - they don't come any cheaper than that! As for the workmanship - as I've previously stated, I make less per hour on my tiki pieces than my regular gig, so these items represent very good value for money. They are a labour of love, but I still need a return on my time as I make my living by making.

I dabbled with doing much cheaper carvings ($75-100) but they still require photographing, listing, emailing, paypal, packing and posting - it just doesn't work out being worth my while in the end.

As for the economy, I can guarantee it's worse here, but I haven't noticed any great downturn in sales from the US. If people can still afford to drop $600+ on a mass-produced restaurant menu things can't be that bad. Many of my regular customers are still buying and some newer folks are now becoming regular customers. Also, the market is global - I have sent carvings to TC folk in France and Germany recently....

Gently son, gently...it was what we call, "A Joke" I didn't think you paid for your pebbles. I had to pay for Pebbles once, and she was worth every penny...(Badaboom) Thanks folks, I'm here all week and be sure to tip the waitress.
No seriously folks, these pebbles are worth every dime, or make that every Franklin! Ha HA I kill me, (See? humor, bad humor, but humor)
I was not discounting your work at all, it is worth it, and the econ is pretty scary for us that could never buy a $600 menu when it was good.
Someday, when my ship comes in, if it doesn't sink at the dock, I too shall be a regular customer.

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Sep 12, 2008 9:53 PM

I know - I should have put a disclaimer, as you always post nice stuff on my threads and I certainly didn't take what you said as an affront. I thought it was worth responding just to mention that there are still plenty of keen buyers out there for us artists however, and also to explain why I don't really make"Quiki" pieces any more. Things are definitely tight here in NZ though, no doubt about it. No wonder 40% of us are thinking of moving to Australia!

Those are worth every penny. You are one VERY fine artist.

Sorry to derail your marketplace thread here, but that was a very interesting article you linked to. I know weather and jobs are nice...but all those poisonous animals? I'd stay in NZ no matter what! Which brings up the next question...do you think your government would mind if I took one of the migrating New Zealanders spots?

good luck with the auctions!

P

If you look around on that news site, there were actually 3 or 4 different articles published this weekend about the massive gap in income (and to some extent, lifestyle) between us and Australia, and the droves of NZers heading there to earn a better living. I think it really boils down to size - we are just a tiny little isolated speck in the ocean without enough economic power to really have any influence anywhere. It costs a lot to get goods in and out, so we pay dearly for everything.
I'm sure the NZ government would love to attract more immigrants from anywhere at the moment...our population is probably running at a net loss if you ignore births.

Anyway, back on topic - buy my stuff so I don't have to move to Australia!

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Sep 14, 2008 5:01 PM

Avana Beachcomber closing tonight - it won't be relisted again. Falin, if you're still interested drop me a PM sometime.
Thanks!

Dagnabit! I wanna Avana!
Somebody in the middle could help a starving poor NZ fella, shivering in his little workshop, fighting Hobbits on the beach collecting pebbles, Smeagol jumping out, hissing, "Stupid fat carver"...wait, that's a different movie, anyway buy The Avana from him and gift a poor little surfer boy sitting in Malibu without a decent necklace to wear, the ridicule of the pier...anybody?
Now is your last chance...

Pages: 1 9 replies