Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Who Is This Mug?

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

Where does he come from? Where does he sleep? What is his secret?

and i wonder when he will be available to all??!!

hmmm....

:)

..sb

LT

A new take on Kon-Tiki??

T

On 2008-09-10 13:38, pappythesailor wrote:

Where does he come from? Where does he sleep? What is his secret?

Does it have a name? I'm loving it.

Tiksigrl

Fabulous and in my favorite color...not a clue though.

The parchment next to the little visitor , would seem to suggest he is a member of a limited edition...perhaps a special edition-limited edition...

I think I know... :)

LT

On 2008-09-10 19:07, Tropical_Icebergs wrote:
The parchment next to the little visitor , would seem to suggest he is a member of a limited edition...perhaps a special edition-limited edition...

That's what I'm thinking. If I can squint hard enough or :drink: enough, maybe it will come into focus...

Darn, I thought I had drank to much and that's why I couldn't focus..I could see the black writing and the space with the what seems like red numbers...but I was forced to turn my gaze away as I noticed I was starting to burn the edges with my stare...and the dancing pygmies were starting to look angry...thanks , another round and I'll try again...

In the next couple of weeks, all will be made clear.

What I can tell you now is that this fellow is here on a mission of support.

..sb

Well now..a mission of support...it happened with Katrina , and it happened to rebuild the giant Moai from Ohio when he moved back east...so now maybe he is here to help save the Rapanui of Easter Island who are facing extinction. They claim their colonial masters in Chile aren't doing enough to ensure their survial...OK..take down my name I ready to show my support.

well, nothing so interesting as that.

It's more about love.

..sb

On 2008-09-10 19:47, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
In the next couple of weeks, all will be made clear.

What I can tell you now is that this fellow is here on a mission of support.

..sb

Couple of weeks?? hummm... I know I have that UNBLUR photoshop plugin somewhere....:wink:
He is a happy looking little one though..

TT

could be SHAG....

no, I think one thing we can divulge is that it's Squid.

..sb

LT

I thought it had a Tiki Farm vibe to it.

well, i guess the question is...

does anyone want one of these?

..sb

TT

On 2008-09-10 21:26, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

..sb

Well yes!... tell us more!

LT

On 2008-09-10 21:26, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

..sb

Oh man, what a tease; Tiki Mug Burlesque! :P Oh, and the answer to your question is Yes. :D

I knew I saw that mug somewhere before.... It's the new Palin/McCain Support Tiki, YES??

I definitely want one!!

O-boy...are ya going to start a I want one list, are ya, huh, are ya...1st or last I don't care where my name is on the "I want one list " as long as ...I'm on the list...so start making your list, and checking it twice...sorry wrong person...but I still would like to be on the list for " Check yes if you want to receive this limited edition support mug"...look I just checked the "YES" box.

B

On 2008-09-10 21:13, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
......it's Squid.

Strange. Looks more like a tiki to me.

:P

He IS a cool little dude though.

Count me in! def want one. Are the gonna be available at NETT2?????????????

R

i want one too!!

For a good cause?

Well I don't usually buy tiki mugs...:lol:

Count me in too - love the look of that little stoney-gray bastid.

Do please note that due to the fact that they are being sold to benefit a charity, they will be more expensive than your usual mug.

Details soon!

..sb

On 2008-09-10 20:21, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

It's more about love.

..sb

Well, I love the love!

I would be interested in one, especially if it's for a good cause.

T

On 2008-09-10 20:21, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

It's more about love.

..sb

It does get awfully cold in New England so love is an important thing as it keeps you warm.

I want one please or 2 in case I get really cold?

Beth

Charity...love...and a gray mug!!! Count me in. :)

F

For a good cause and a really sweet looking mug i'd probably take a couple.

And yes, it is a limited edition (200).
That is a signed certificate of authenticity blurred out in the photo that numbers the mugs.
It even comes with a sooper sekrit recipe for a new drink you need to try.

Are you teased enough yet?

..sb

LT

On 2008-09-11 11:47, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

..sb

Yup. What cause does he represent? When? Where? How much?

On 2008-09-11 11:52, LOL Tiki wrote:

On 2008-09-11 11:47, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

..sb

Yup. What cause does he represent? When? Where? How much?

OK, OK, You twisted my arm.

it's to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
When - soon
Where - we will publish a web address soon, but this was put together by a bunch of New Englanders with the help of Squid and Tiki Farm. So it's a bicoastal affair.
How much? $40 plus shipping ($7 domestic).

stay tuned.

LT

An excellent cause - I'd be happy to contribute.

Well, thank you and hello...that's fantastic...closer to home than even the poor suffering Rapanui of Easter Island...Charity begins at home.."Please" take note...this is the person who said yes 1st...and if you go by second count...hear me roar I was #4...may the blessings of many "TIKI" be upon Squid , Tiki Farm , and yourself for championing this cause...it would be beyond a fantasy that we as a group could help make a difference...and on a lighter note...I am 1 or 4 wouldn't even care if I was #200...as a matter of fact " 200 of 200 " sounds enticing...so count mister...where does it stand now..

we aren't doing an official signup list. But we will be posting prominently here as soon as they are available.

So keep checking back!

..sb

I'm in!

T

I would take one too!

You aren't doing an official sign up...but have you considered the possibilities...it would take only a matter of days to sell the 1st 200 limited edition mugs to interested members...and then maybe open to the rest of the world , so they can buy it to resale on eBay...kinda like Tiki Room fountains....you might be surprised at the interested number who already have...and since you seem to have an inside track..wouldn't it be a plus for both them..and us...at least consider it...thanks

watch this space on Wednesday, October 1st.

:)

Hey!! Why didn't you sell em at NETT2. Or did you and I just missed out.

We didn't want to compete with the raffle since we knew breaking even on the NETT was going to be close.
If everyone was spending $ on the mug, they might not have bought as many raffle tickets.
that would be why.

..sb

B

Plus, I was already filling the van with so much stuff, I couldn't fit the mugs as well! lol

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29996&forum=12&start=last&0

check it out at noon (Eastern) today!!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/msmug/

purchase link will be activated at noon eastern.

T

Thanks SB/Sully, I bought one at the stroke of 12:00.. Now I guess I should get back to work.. :lol:

Score! Got one! Can't wait to have it in my grubby hands!

PD

I'd love to buy one - especially since the profits are going to such a worthy cause.

Do you ship to the UK?

good question.
we aren't set up for selling overseas.
I will ask Bargoyle if he can calculate the shipping charge for the UK and consult about how we could accept payment. it would likely be a separate paypal purchase not through the order form.

I'll get back to ya.

..sb

Pages: 1 2 48 replies