Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The mother load... and its new home.

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies

That's at the old house, isn't it, Duke? Very cool. Glad you've been able to create such a great space at the new house, which, by the way, is amazing from top to bottom.

cool video,
from (paradise- so. cal.)
wish my tiki room was that nice.
haha.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

V

sick!!! you people got it bad!I'm envious.

I missed your last posting some how - fantastic basement transformation! I like the juxtaposition of the icicles with the tropical atmosphere. Very well done - you have an impeccable eye for detail and for vintage pieces. Your tiki rooms are not just a place to relax, but a tikiphiles dream museum - every piece has a story!!!!!

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful hideaway

Hi Boutiki,
Any updates - anything new in your beautiful place?
This is one of my favorites :)

That "never done" theory applies...would love to see your place in real life!!! BEAUTIFUL

Any new pictures?

W

The collection and room are both impressive. Do you have a sound system hidden back there to pipe in some Martin Denny too?

Holy Fricken Mother of Pearl Duke.I have been watching your thread and just in aah
of your collection as well as what you have done with your basement .Thats one cool
thing about the houses in the North and Mid West are the basements .Your hard
work and perseverance have paid off ten fold.I salute you both .I think some one
should come up with a book just on peoples tiki rooms and collections within them.
Aloha-Bill

I am in awe of what you accomplished Duke.

CJ

On 2009-02-04 16:16, boutiki wrote:
Here are a few more shots taken as we've added decor and collections. Still lots of details to address.

-Duke

these photo's need to reposted over and over. amazing place!

wow, amazing job. years of careful collecting in that room. Can you imagine trying to recreate that? It would be a huge task..

Definitely one to bookmark and show the wife :)

Really inspiring! Every time I look at your bar I wish we'd find a house to bu already so we can get to work on our own home bar.

Is that a real Leeteg in one of the photo's?

That room is just AWESOME!

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies