Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Funny bar story

Pages: 1 34 replies

So the other day I put this extra tiki bar and stools I own for sale on craigslist. I want to move it fairly quick so I list it for $125. Several people respond they would like to see the bar, but one lady emails me constantly in huge caps begging and pleading for the bar. I contact her and she explains she has been looking for a bar for so long, she loves the one I'm selling and how great it will look at her place. I understand that feeling so I decide to sell it to her, even though it would of been easier to sell it to others that responded. She picks the bar up and the whole time tells me how she is going to repair some of it and it's going to look fabulous at her house. Two days later she lists the bar on craigslist for $450, uses my photos and states the bar is from the Florida Keys?!?!!! See picture below of the bar. The tiki spirit is alive and well within her...

Whata Skank.

sounds like the typical south floridian.

rluvbeach
boynton beach fl
http://www.goodlifedomains.com

Respond to her add. Offer her $50 more than she's asking. Tell her it's exactly what you've always wanted. Then show up, hand her back her $125, take the bar and flip her the bird as you drive away.
People are just so f*cked sometimes.
By the way, Flipper is an awesome band.
Cheers.

That same thing happened to me at a yard sale we had.. The lady was a pro at this begged and pleaded, gave me a sad story about a recovering drug addict she was trying to help out.. ended up giving to her for about 1/2 the price.. Only to wake up the next morning to find it on Craiglist for $500.00 more...

It's great to turn something over and make a few bucks, But don't lie to me about it...

T

On 2008-09-17 10:48, tiki-riviera wrote:
So the other day I put this extra tiki bar and stools I own for sale on craigslist. I want to move it fairly quick so I list it for $125. Several people respond they would like to see the bar, but one lady emails me constantly in huge caps begging and pleading for the bar. I contact her and she explains she has been looking for a bar for so long, she loves the one I'm selling and how great it will look at her place. I understand that feeling so I decide to sell it to her, even though it would of been easier to sell it to others that responded. She picks the bar up and the whole time tells me how she is going to repair some of it and it's going to look fabulous at her house. Two days later she lists the bar on craigslist for $450, uses my photos and states the bar is from the Florida Keys?!?!!! See picture below of the bar. The tiki spirit is alive and well within her...

Wow, whata Beeootch. You should really call her on this and at least throw a slew of verbal abuse her way. She deserves it.

Maybe you can use the flagging feature on Cragslist. If she used your photos and claims the bar originated from somewhere it did not, maybe Craigslist will remove the ad. If only for a few days, it might be worth hassling her.

OMG how crass!!! I agree...get her flagged. Bet begging will never weaken you again...what a shame that some people have such evil hearts...but even more important...don't play cards with her, she is obviously a talented liar.

TT

i think my favorite word applies here...!

MT

Have you tried contacting her about the bar? You might want to say that you have sellers remorse, and want it back? Either that, or just confront her about it, and let her know how uncool it was for her to mislead you like that. You could call her on her lie that the bar is from the Florida Keys, and also that she cannot use your image to post in her ad. You might also mention something about how her deceptive actions have made you lose faith in humanity, and that some day she will get her karmic payback for this (I know the might sound a little lame, but it really seems to work with numbskulls like that - one time a meter maid gave me a ticket when I had just parked and was getting ready to put change in the meter. no amount of complaining about how unfair it was would help, in fact she seemed to get off on that. so as I walked away, I made an off the cuff remark about how she knew that she was doing the wrong thing, and taking pleasure in it, and for that reason she will someday reap her karmic reward. I just kind of muttered it as a parting shot as I was walking away, but wow, it really got to her and she had a major meltdown about it!!!).

You should post a "responding" ad on Craigslist, telling people that she is being dishonest about the bar being from the Florida Keys, and how she begged and pleaded with you forever and gave you sob stories so you would give her a good deal on the bar that was going to "look so great in her place".

OR...
You can post a link to her ad, and all of us here can post responses on Craigslist to her ad, saying how she decieved you, and that the bar isn't from the Keys. More than a few of us are sick and tired of this "ooooo gimme gimme a good deal so I can flip it" attitude these days, and I'm sure we'd have no problem posting a few responding ads. :D

B

Is she selling it from Mukilteo Washington? She has it listed under Seattle area on Craigslist.

I posted a warning about her on Craigslist.

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2008-09-17 14:49 ]

MT

This is the ad, right?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/fuo/839274267.html

Vintage TIKI BAR & STOOLS stool 50s-60s BAMBOO Rattan - $450 (Skykomish)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-13, 10:18AM PDT

Vintage

1950's-1960's

Tiki Bar!

Hard to find the good 'ol ones straight from the Keys!

Amazing set with 5 chairs, one being the bartender's and that one needs work. The bent bamboo became unbent. All chairs need some twine rewound along foot rests but they work fine without. Bar's top could use some work or I would just replace it with a tile top etc. It is now pressed board with formica. There is a plug inside for blenders etc. and two really cool tiki bottle holders crates, as seen inside back.

Front of bar is amazing and beautiful and in excellent condition. The foot rest is very strong. The bar alone weighs approx. 125 pounds. The chairs are 3 green and 2 orange. WAYYYYY COOL!

This is a striking set!

One chair has an inch cut on the top, otherwise the rest are perfect on their cushions.

I have repaired the front top of the bar edge with new wood, as you can see the wood in the picture was 2/3 gone. The new wood looks great, but again, I would replace the top if you want perfection but it looks vintage as is.

68" long x 42" high x 22" deep

Chairs: 39-1/4"H x 15.5" round cushions

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 839274267

On 2008-09-17 14:55, Mai Tai wrote:
This is the ad, right?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/fuo/839274267.html

Vintage TIKI BAR & STOOLS stool 50s-60s BAMBOO Rattan - $450 (Skykomish)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-13, 10:18AM PDT

Vintage

1950's-1960's

Tiki Bar!

Hard to find the good 'ol ones straight from the Keys!

Amazing set with 5 chairs, one being the bartender's and that one needs work. The bent bamboo became unbent. All chairs need some twine rewound along foot rests but they work fine without. Bar's top could use some work or I would just replace it with a tile top etc. It is now pressed board with formica. There is a plug inside for blenders etc. and two really cool tiki bottle holders crates, as seen inside back.

Front of bar is amazing and beautiful and in excellent condition. The foot rest is very strong. The bar alone weighs approx. 125 pounds. The chairs are 3 green and 2 orange. WAYYYYY COOL!

This is a striking set!

One chair has an inch cut on the top, otherwise the rest are perfect on their cushions.

I have repaired the front top of the bar edge with new wood, as you can see the wood in the picture was 2/3 gone. The new wood looks great, but again, I would replace the top if you want perfection but it looks vintage as is.

68" long x 42" high x 22" deep

Chairs: 39-1/4"H x 15.5" round cushions

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 839274267

Yep, this is the ad with my photos. The reason I found out is someone who originally responded to my ad sent me an email about the new ad. I just can't believe how convincingly people can lie. She went on and on and on and on about how perfect this bar was for her. If she had just contacted me, bought the bar and then tried to re-sell it, I wouldn't care, but I realize now she smelled an opportunity and felt compelled to "put on an act" to get it. Personally, I do believe you create your own Karma, so I'm not sweating this. Considering how remote she lives, and the condition of the bar, my guess is she'll get $200 tops. Chalk this one up to experience!

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2008-09-17 16:09 ]

D

i saw that last night, and thought "sounds just like the one Paul just sold".. thats crummy of her. her JCMM card has been revoked.

T

Just to set the record straight on this person, I posted THIS ad on Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/fuo/844886793.html

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-09-17 16:03 ]

On 2008-09-17 15:58, dogbytes wrote:
i saw that last night, and thought "sounds just like the one Paul just sold".. thats crummy of her. her JCMM card has been revoked.

I appreciate it Elicia, that will teach her!!

TS

I emailed her via craigslist.

Title: You are a scumbag

Body:
Nice of you to bullshit your way to flip the furniture. Cant wait until this sale bites you in the ass someday!

UPDATE**
It bounced back from craigslist...Oh well...

Sorry, but the craigslist user address you recently mailed ([email protected]) does not seem to be valid. It could be you're trying to respond to a very old posting, or that the user has not requested anonymous email forwarding. Please check the address and try again.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-09-18 09:33 ]

Look what i found on Ebay... :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-TIKI-BAR-STOOLS-stool-50s-60s-BAMBOO-Rattan_W0QQitemZ180287889827QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180287889827&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

looks familiar... yes?

I read some of negative feedback.. here's the first one..

Negative feedback rating Completely NOT as described.Seller used PROFANITY & made THREATS-AWFUL EXPERIENC Buyer:
equine-addiction ( 69 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )
Aug-16-08 01:20
Reply by pinkflamingogifts (Aug-16-08 12:48):
SELLERS A BIGTIME WARNING. NEVER SELL TO THIS DISHONEST PERSON or IT MAY AFFECT!
o
Follow-up by equine-addiction (Aug-16-08 17:56):
Sold DAMAGED items as mint,SWORE AT & THREATENED me & I'm the problem?? Email me

Vintage BREYER HORSE & COLT Appaloosa MINT black white (#180264289541) US $28.00 View Item

[ Edited by: beachbumz 2008-09-18 18:12 ]

Don't look now, it is...
/b/tikicentral!!

T

I just made an offer of $125

Good sleuth work Beachbumz! Man, this lady put on such a good act for me she should get
an academy award!

No Problem.. just looking out for the TC ohana..
By the way.. tiki-riviera, did I ever tell you how much I like your screen name??? :wink:
aloha's

I'm gonna buy it, and put it back in Tiki Market place.

No offense to anyone, but i submitted a $10 bid., just to have her squint her eyes, if even for a second....lol :lol:

pinkflamingogifts is considering your offer Sep-18-08 22:40:39 PDT

Your offer price: US $10.00
Offer expires in: 37 hours 18 mins

*** BTW Tiki-Riviera,
I see you live in Long Beach, and wanted to let you know about the upcoming West Coast Choppers No Love party. Its taking place on Nov. 15th. I'm helping put together the music lineup as we speak. Not sure if its your cup of tea, but I thought I'd pass it along***

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-09-18 22:46 ]

S

HAHAHA..I offered 5 bucks after your 10 !!!

On 2008-09-18 22:42, Tom Slick wrote:
No offense to anyone, but i submitted a $10 bid., just to have her squint her eyes, if even for a second....lol :lol:

pinkflamingogifts is considering your offer Sep-18-08 22:40:39 PDT

Your offer price: US $10.00
Offer expires in: 37 hours 18 mins

*** BTW Tiki-Riviera,
I see you live in Long Beach, and wanted to let you know about the upcoming West Coast Choppers No Love party. Its taking place on Nov. 15th. I'm helping put together the music lineup as we speak. Not sure if its your cup of tea, but I thought I'd pass it along***

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-09-18 22:46 ]

That would definitely be my cup of tea, but unfortunately I no longer live on Long Beach. These days I reside in Seattle, but visit LBC as often as I can. Someday I'll get around to changing the location on my TC name...:) BTW, I used to cruise around LBC in my lowered 65 Riviera, of course with a West Coast Choppers sticker on the back window!

Great job everyone...the add is flagged for removal!!!

T

The Plot Thickens :

I received this chestnut of an email today in response to my craigslist posting that outed this piece of human garbage.

Thought you uys might enjoy this. Probably from the person herself but too cowardly to admit it.

"You got your asking price so what business is it of yours what the new owner does with it?
You're just a cry-baby making something out of nothing.
For all you know, her husband had a fit when she brought it home and put it up for sale himself.
Nonetheless, it is NONE OF YOU BUSINESS and you making such a big deal about something you sold is what's really wrong with humanity.
Whiners... nothing but whiners. She can burn it in the fireplace if she wants, IT IS HERS to do as she pleases.

A f&%$ing site dedicated to the sale of a crappy tiki bar? Please.

And don't bother trying to respond, this is a dead-end account and it won't be seen. (bet you try anyway)
Or maybe now you'll make a web site about how you got negative feedback about your ridiculous tiki bar."

....You bet your ass. There it is a**hole, I hope you're reading it right now.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-09-22 21:41 ]

TS

Yeah...What he said, Punk Biatch! :lol:
We DO CARE when other TCrs get lied to, especially when some of the weight of the sale was in part, based on good faith!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-09-22 22:00 ]

B

She's at it again! This time she bought a $60 dining set (table, chairs and hutches) and is trying to sell it for $475!

WOW! That's the one thing about craigslist I don't like, you never know what kind of crazy person might respond to your ad. I thought her response quite funny. Think she'll learn to start being honest with people? Wouldn't bet my worst tiki mug on it..

B

I did post a warning that that set could have been purchased for $60 from the original seller! LOL I'm enjoying giving this woman a pain in her butt!

Does this look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-tiki-SET-BAMBOO-Rattan-DINING-TABLE-HUTCH-SHELF_W0QQitemZ180294628331QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180294628331&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-TIKI-BAR-STOOLS-stool-50s-60s-BAMBOO-Rattan_W0QQitemZ180291539350QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180291539350&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

She invites you to check out her other items here:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pinkflamingogifts_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

You backed her into the seedy underworld of eBay, where the light isn't so bright on fraudsters anymore.

Ebay will target her listing for removal and or relisting with an edited description and different photos (still using your photos).

Ke nono au, e kala mua mai, i keia manawa ho'i.

[ Edited by: coruscate 2008-09-30 16:50 ]

On 2008-09-17 14:29, Tiki Trav wrote:
i think my favorite word applies here...!

Trav, does it start with a C?
:wink:
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 34 replies