Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Jay Crabb moving on from the Martini Monkey

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hi everyone! My last day at the Martini Monkey is on Friday, October 3rd. It's been a fun and exciting ride at the MM over these past 9 years.

I'll soon be working behind the bar at the new restaurant Bijou, located on B Street in Hayward. They seem really open to the idea of making it a cocktail destination spot here in the East Bay, as they are committed to using fresh ingredients to craft their cocktails. They currently have a few specialty sips their bev director has created, and they seem eager to add more to the list in the coming weeks. Their grand opening is slated for some time next week.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

Jay

What, if anything, is going to happen to the Martini Monkey, Jay? It's the only reason I can endure the horror of San Jose Airport!

J

I propose a gathering of the Bay Area Tiki Ohana at Jay's new place in Hayward within a week or two of his arrival. Let's show the owner, that if Jay builds it (the tiki drink, that is) we will come!

TWO

That's great news Jay. Is it too early to start working on the "Stay Classy Hayward" t-shirts?

CoolJ. You'll be closer to me. I'll be there (don't know when but I'll be there)

Congrats Jay! Looking forward to dropping by for a drink or two or three or.....more.

Visited Jay's new roost in Hayward. (The Bijou)
It was noisy and sort of had a Asian faux Ikea feel to it, but it was okay.

The selection of beer was not good, and Single Malt okay, but not great...Acid test was ordering a Sazerac, that's when I knew our boy had made his mark on the place. (insert sound of trains crashing)

Absolutly the best Sazerac ever (several)

It may not be a source of Dogfish Head 120 Minute, or Bruichladdich PC5 yet, but his place will improve in coming weeks and it's worth the visit for the Manhattans and Sazeracs right this minute.

No get your keys, and go.

Now!

Super cool! TofuJoe and & have been meaning to get down there. Thanks for the review, because it makes me more determined!

Pages: 1 7 replies