Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One Of A Kind Fish Float Aquarium

Pages: 1 11 replies

A great concept/prop for a cool Tiki bar.

Tiki Fish Float Aquarium

cool!

won't the halogen light boil the fish?

Already for the pupu platter. :)

No, low wattage.

Hope this helps.

this helps.

I have a friend who had one of these hanging in his front room for years (minus the fish float netting). The bulb creates a self contained ecosystem if you put in a little cutting of an anachris plant for the fish to feed on. I can't believe I never thought of putting a netting on it. Great idea!

VERY COOL!!

is that a biorb? I have one, they look cool,

[ Edited by: tikiauction 2008-09-28 19:35 ]

On 2008-09-28 12:47, Trader Tom wrote:
I have a friend who had one of these hanging in his front room for years (minus the fish float netting). The bulb creates a self contained ecosystem if you put in a little cutting of an anachris plant for the fish to feed on. I can't believe I never thought of putting a netting on it. Great idea!

Thanks , but it's not a Biorb.
So now we have two cool ideas out of this.
A Biorb fish float.
It should be in the next Star Trec Kon Tiki movie.........coming to a theater near you!. :)

VERY cool idea - looks even cooler/swankier in person! Even if you didn't put water in it and just kept it as a diorama piece it would still be the talk of the room!

On 2008-09-28 19:34, tikiauction wrote:

is that a ** biorb?** I have one, they look cool,

Do they have any straightorb's?

V

Too funny -
my dad made a HUGE one for our house when I was a kid. It hung from the ceiling over the kitchen island, and he braided the cord to very carefully hide the aerator tube that came down from the attic. I suppose I should say he made TWO of them, as when I was in 6th grade my best friend was shooting through the kitchen on a skateboard, and the toy rifle he was holding (don't ask) went right through the tank. Disaster! We totally panicked. Did I mention this was during a rare "Lets see if you boys are responsible to be left at home alone" test? The only good news is that I managed to save the fish. Dad rigged up another one, and it is in their kitchen to this day. Every xmas mom puts a little glass Christmas tree in the tank with neat-o individual glass ornaments. Since we don't get snow out here, the glass tree in the bowl was always a sign that winter had arrived!

Henrik "VanTiki"

An older picture without the rope, so you get a better idea.

Pages: 1 11 replies