Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Va-va-voom mug (watch out risque content)

Pages: 1 5 replies

I know this ain't a Tiki mug but its was too nice a mug to leave at the car-boot sale on the bad mans table. But their is something about it that niggles my Tiki-sense, anybody know of this mug? NO marks on the bottom.

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-01-20 13:29 ]

I've seen them around quite a bit, I passed one up for 10 bucks the other day - that seems to be the going rate for them. I figure since they're fairly common, they were not from a bar but something you could buy at a novelty store, that's my guess!

Jane

I thought Gentleman's Novelty Item when i saw it, If it wasn't so deep it could be a shaving mug.
RANT WARNING
The stall I got it off, had two tables one marked "all items £2" with shaped mugs and crap and the other had two green lizard pottery animals with a sign "Wade Whimsy", whilst buying the nudie mug a guy came up to ask how much for the wade figures, the stall holder wanted £200 a piece.
Two hundred quid at a car-boot sale, car-boot sales are for selling tat and junk, Bah I hate Dealers turning a the great brittish institution of a car-boot sale into artsy fartsy "Flea Markets" if they want to sell pottery for £200 they should flip off to e-bay.
(grumble) soon the Dealers will be onto Tiki and whatever miniscule scraps i can gleen will only be avalible stupid prices.

Hey Atomictonytiki,

I got one of those about a month ago for £4.95. While it's not really Tiki at all, it goes well with all the other mugs that can be used for guests who get more excited by a Buddha mug than a moai.

There are similar mugs that depict Hawaiian wahines in various contortions, though, which are worthy of any Tiki bar.

Trader Woody

see i wondered if was made by a company that also made tiki mugs coz if you were to remove the naked ladies then the shape of the blank mug reminds me of a tiki mug i've seen somewhere.

You might be thinking of the concave Daga mug, made in Hawaii, which is quite widespread. It has a very similar shape, but these mucky mugs aren't Dagas.

Just checking my mug and there's a sticker on the bottom saying it's made by Salco, and is "Foreign".... Well, that's helpful! 'Be rest assurred wherever you are, we made these mugs somewhere else.'

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 5 replies