New pics----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008

Pages: 1 11 replies

JB

...more to come!

T

On 2008-10-26 09:20, Joe Banks wrote:

"Before Coffee" Self Portrait Mug ?

I feel worse than my picture. :cry:

More pics! I decided to do everyone a favor and NOT post the incriminating images (thank you for your payments). Here's to another 50 years of Tonga Hut, or at least these images being added to someone's archive for future discovery. It was great talking with everyone, enjoying the floor show, buffet, and new lamps. It was cool seeing a few people dressing up for Halloween as well.

Gotta love this pic!

I can't remember if my eyes were crossed BEFORE sipping some Zombie from Squids' mug or after!??!?!

Had a great time at The Tonga Hut and it was fun to chat with you all! I think my favorite drink of the night was the Blue Hawaiian.

All my best,
Mary

Happy Birthday Tonga Hut!

I had a great time. :D

TT

Another boring tiki "event"... Glad I missed it...

i assume koala and kangeeroo events are not "boring"?

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Oct 27, 2008 8:25 AM

The Tonga Hut 50th anniversary last Saturday night was a special evening -the type of evening where old friendships came together again to shine light but really introduce new acquaintances with each other (especially pairing the creative sector of patrons.)

The explosive dynamics lurking below the surface of the established were revealed to me for their true creative potential. I was a kid in a candy store of art types. This was a good thing.

I met quite a few people at the Tonga Hut last Saturday that have a kind spirit and actually encouraged me to continue with my tiki vision in whatever expression I deem correct at the moment. We have made initial contact and now time will tell how all those creative expressions discussed Saturday will manifest.

Oh! Can't Forget to say Thank You Ana and Jeremy for the food, the dancing and the updates to the interior decor of the Tonga Hut. You are doing your part to help keep the authentic So. Cal tiki spirit alive and thriving. You know where your weak links are..with encouragement and guidance all the refreshing elements of your establishment will become top-notch and consistent. Cheers to Tonga Hut!

PS - Thanks Ray (TikiMango)for posting some of the pics from Saturday night. Another disk for the archive..

yes, three sheets for sure, managed to suck down 2 zombies by 8:15, and that was just getting the ball rolling. G, thanks for letting me lean on you there, otherwise i might have been the red carpet on the inside of the bar

Aloha Everyone! Thanks so much for celebrating Tonga Hut's 50th Anniversary with us. We had a great time and hope you did too. Thanks to everyone who came out and thank you to everyone who helped make it a success- Grog, Kirby, Tobunga, DJ Lee, The Polynesian Paradise Dancers and Jerri Manthey (the caterer) and of course our staff Trevor, Kat, Nikki and Hope. A big thank you goes out to Casey who's fine PR work got us into the Calendar Section of LA Times last Friday. If you didn't see it here's the link TongaHutStory and some pics from the party. Enjoy!

Mahalo,

Ana & Jeremy

See the article here: LAtimesStory

TH

This was a fun trip down memory lane.

Pages: 1 11 replies