Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Polynesian (sewing) Patterns Catalogue

Pages: 1 10 replies

I have been acquiring vintage Hawaiian sewing patterns, most specifically The Polynesian Pattern Company. and recently came across a catalog. It's kinda neat and has that mid-century Tiki element to it, so I thought I'd scan the pages and post them.

Interestingly, although this is a complete catalog, this is not a complete list of all the Polynesian Pattern patterns.

T

Haole'akamai, I take one of the #179 & #180, now get to it and start sewing. :lol: Very nice..

I've actually thought of making one of each of the patterns from Polynesian Pattern Co. I think, though, I'm starting with one that's not in this catalog:

so coool! Ive also been collecting the same patters, There are a whole bunch of designs in the catalog that ive never seen before. I havent made any of my patterns yet,so many projects so little time!

On 2008-10-28 07:46, Sophista-tiki wrote:
so coool! There are a whole bunch of designs in the catalog that ive never seen before.

That's what I found kinda exciting while I was looking through it. Crazy how some of these patterns are seemingly so rare.

So have you made anything from the patterns? Let's see some pics!

Im just about to start. I'll be making some outfits with my own fabrics. I wanted to get a couple dresses done in time for Oasis but the fabrics didnt arive in time. If I start NOW I'll have a complete wardrobe out of all my fabric designs by next Oasis. HOWEVER I seriously dont see how anyone will top "the Look of Lava"!!

A

What a find!! Thanks for bringing this older thread out. I'm working up some fabrics also. Very exciting!

Looks like several of those patterns are still available in various places

On 2010-09-01 17:50, Sophista-tiki wrote:
...wardrobe out of all my fabric designs...

Your own designs-that's fantastic! Please post pics when you finish some garments.

OMG...those are great. I wish I had saved my patterns from back in the day. Great collection ya got going there. If I ever see any Polynesian ones in my shopping around I'll nab em for ya.

Pages: 1 10 replies