Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-10-28 09:40 ]

Whoot!

Did they put the website live, yet?

• From VEGASinsight.com:*

If there’s any one person who knows how to turn dirt into gold, it’s P. Moss, owner of the Double Down Saloon. He made his “Happiest Place on Earth” – really, the diviest of Las Vegas dive bars – into an internationally renowned punk rock icon, so much that it warranted a second location opening in New York City’s Bowery just a few years back.

So it stands to reason that when Moss re-opens the former Frankie’s Bar & Cocktail Lounge (1712 W. Charleston Blvd.) on Dec. 4 as Frankie’s Tiki Room, we’ll no doubt be in the presence of another truly legendary Vegas watering hole. The bar proprietor’s latest acquisition will be getting a full overhaul, according to Moss pal and local editor and writer James Reza.

“Moss assures me that this is no half-assed superficial remodel,” Reza writes on his blog. “This is the first serious tiki bar in Vegas since Taboo Cove at the Venetian closed. These design cats have connections to the Stardust’s Aku Aku and Disneyland’s Tiki Room.”

Stay tuned for more information as the opening date gets closer; until then, bookmark the Frankie’s Tiki Room website, still under construction.

Let's start planning the opening party weekend!!!

I would like to book the Tiki Suite at InkySmileyHaus, please....

On 2008-10-28 17:11, inkylouise wrote:
Let's start planning the opening party weekend!!!

WooHoo! Count SoccerTiki and I in :)

On 2008-10-28 18:04, Haole'akamai wrote:
I would like to book the Tiki Suite at InkySmileyHaus, please....

BOOKED! Mai Tai, that means you and Coco Loco are in the Smiley Room!

If people are looking to crash in a house - it looks like we have a very minimally furnished "psuedo tiki" house available for rent that week... in fact we were thinking of working with da owners to turn it into a full time vacation rental - and kinda make it like the Tiki Central clubhouse of Las Vegas? There are 2 Leroy Schmalz tikis, another unnamed tiki + a couple of Cherry Capri tiki paintings and a host of tiki mugs (so you don't have to travel with mugs...), fork and spoons, etc...

it's only a mile and a half or so from the strip and the peppermill and 4 miles or about 10 mins to the new tiki bar.

would anyone be interested in that?

On 2008-10-30 23:50, C.B. Howlie wrote:
If people are looking to crash in a house - it looks like we have a very minimally furnished "psuedo tiki" house available for rent that week... in fact we were thinking of working with da owners to turn it into a full time vacation rental - and kinda make it like the Tiki Central clubhouse of Las Vegas? There are 2 Leroy Schmalz tikis, another unnamed tiki + a couple of Cherry Capri tiki paintings and a host of tiki mugs (so you don't have to travel with mugs...), fork and spoons, etc...

it's only a mile and a half or so from the strip and the peppermill and 4 miles or about 10 mins to the new tiki bar.

would anyone be interested in that?

Yes!

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-16 11:23 ]

Bump...

FYI...expedia is posting RT $140 flights from bay area, and $150 flights from LA area.

C

I look forward to checking it out when I go to Vegas in January! I plan on spending my birthday at Frankies this year.

p.s.

It'll be pen 24 hours a day....

Also.

Ya

Baby!!!!!

( starting Dec. 4 th )

Although my pecker-squid tiki will be there, I'll not be able to make this one. Someone send me a picture of it, would ya?

Allegiantair ( http://www.allegiantair.com ) has some cheap prices to Vegas from odd locations. Flights from Stockton run as low as $100 round trip (leave Weds pm , return Fri pm.) Other CA departure cities; Fresno, Monterey, Santa Barbara and Santa Maria. They fly from other states, too.

Inky and I are in for the Dec 4 event!

Mrs Boo and I might be there.

Zaya and I will be there...
staying from the 2-4th at the Riviera

Buzzy Out!

B

Don't fly Babs! Drive!
here's a pic from the last time i flew...

what a knuckle-whitener!

Gas is only 1.85 down the street here.

Cheaper to drive from so cal than to fly right now.

just about the same time too.

( when you add security..lines..etc.)

On 2008-11-26 15:16, RevBambooBen wrote:
Gas is only 1.85 down the street here.

Cheaper to drive from so cal than to fly right now.

just about the same time too.

( when you add security..lines..etc.)

Gas is $1.68 in Lakeside, near San Diego, and $1.78 down the street from my place. Definitely getting to the point where it'll even be worth the drive when you factor in time and wear & tear on your car.

Ben, the place down the street from you is an ARCO station, right?

Great news for us Southern Nevadans! I can zip over to Frankie's in about 20 minutes. I'm marking it on my calendar right now...

[ Edited by: BeezleBug 2008-11-26 22:07 ]

Wow! They are lining up already and it is only a week to go!!

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-11-27 22:15 ]

WOW! , thats ssssssssooooooooooooo cool I cant believe it !
Heading that way from the frozen north in February so I hope the debauchery hasn't leveled the place bu then ! ,it's gonna be the highlight/highball of the year!

Rad!
friggin RAD!
so cool of Moss to give all those involved some MAJOR props!
Thanks Moss!
and thanks Ben
for puttin this Wonder together!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I want to go even more now! April seems so far away!

.........heard from a little birdy that

C'Al is going to be giving

Lap Dances

the night of the 4th!!

Hey Ben, I have been trying to call you. Just keep geting your answering machine. Are you home? I would like to know if they need anymore tiki's carved for Frankie's? Can you post a contact name and number or an email address to send pictures to the person that is buying the stuff for inside this place? Thanks TT

On 2008-11-28 20:19, RevBambooBen wrote:
.........heard from a little birdy that

C'Al is going to be giving

Lap Dances

the night of the 4th!!

Pack a bunch of crispy dollars, folks!

Ben, Are you out there? I need ti know! TT

M

Only 4 days to go!!

Frankies Tiki Room

open 24/7.....365....

on 12/4/08 @ 10: 69 a.m.!

What time are all you groovy tiki fraks gonna be there??

We're aiming for Happy Hour-ish.....

Just got back from Vegas and Laughlin.......couldn't even drive by and see it, I was so busy. Gimme pics, guys.......I'm training for the next few weeks......maybe longer.

Guess I just found my excuse to go to Vegas for my birthday. Anyone care to guess at the taxi fare to this location from mid-strip?

On 2008-12-01 08:13, rev_thumper wrote:
Guess I just found my excuse to go to Vegas for my birthday. Anyone care to guess at the taxi fare to this location from mid-strip?

15 Clams +/-

On 2008-11-30 23:04, RevBambooBen wrote:

What time are all you groovy tiki freaks gonna be there??

I plan on being there WHEN IT OPENS!

Buzzy Out!

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 2:17 PM

I plan on slamming one of these hairy clam lady mug drink thingys for lunch on the 4th...save me a seat Buzzy!

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-12-02 06:47 ]

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 5:55 PM

Ben...Buzzy, and all you other great peps,

I am truly sorry.

I won't be able to come up there to support you guys on Thursday after all. My boss first told me I could take Thurs - Fri. off to do this, now he tells me that I "have" to work late up in LA, and do some pick up shots for some B-roll that we are doing. By the time we finish shooting and edit, it will be too late to drive out. He said I could take Friday off?? I'm like, what the f**k good does that do me??

I'll make it to Frankie's this month, or next, but it won't be this Thursday....

Have fun!

Buzzy drink one of those hairy lady drinks for me brother.

Aloha Friend's!

The Grand Opening of Frankie's was great, and the place is hands-down the BEST tiki bar EVER! Best thing about it is all my Tiki Artist Buddies are represented there, as it should be.

Naturally, the main focal point of the whole place is the most Off-Da-Hook tiki that C'All has Ever carved...

Al & I are Two-Sheets to the wind in this photo that my loverly Wifie took, and you can tell we all had a BLAST!

It will be quite an honor to become the alchoholic I've always wanted to be in this fine establishment!

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-12-03 00:12 ]

M

I heard a rumor that it opens at 12:01 am on the 4th!

Nice work Al!

Could someone take a picture of my masks?

It doesn't look I'll be traveling to Vegas anytime soon, if at all.

There is one on the Men's Room door and one on the Ladies.

Many Mahalos!

Proud to be a small part of tiki history in Las Vegas, and best wishes to all at Frankie's for a successful future!

M

Oh-don't forget to check out that great Vegas entertainment when you are in town!

On 2008-12-03 00:11, mrsmiley wrote:
Oh-don't forget to check out that great Vegas entertainment when you are in town!

You got an inside link to this gig??

I got to see this.

I can feel my head hurting already!!

p.s.

Frankies actually opens tonight at 1 a.m. (wed.)

or, tomorrow at 10 a.m. (thurs?)

but after 1 a.m. tonight, it'll be open forvever.

Something like that.

I'm confused.

Al's tiki is off the HOOK!
and he's packin some heat below the equator...
Let's see some more photos
now that it's officially OPEN!
Congrats Moss and Ben!
and Thanks for ALL you both do!
KAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:lol:

Pages: 1 2 76 replies