Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TC running slow? UPDATE and hopefully a fix

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

T

Is it just me or is TC running really SLOW lately ?

I go on other message boards and the pages load up quick. When I try to go to a TC thread, sometimes I have to wait for a minute or more.

Is it just me experiencing this ?

Hanford's note:
UPDATE: it should be fixed. See my post on page 3 for more info! Mahalo! -Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Change title; add note - 2008-12-07 15:32 ]

TS

you are not alone.... :D

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 31, 2008 9:09 AM

Running slow for GROG, too.

It's my fault, I post too many posts, and too many images! :D

I thought it had something to do with the Economy!

TC is definately driving the shortbus! Slooooooooow

Give me more info here ... SLOW in the last hour? last day? last month?

TC's speed fluctuates along with the ebb and flow of Internet traffic ...

I'd say the past month.

Maybe we could do a fundraiser to get a faster server, or whatever it takes?

T

I'd say it has been over a month. The pages take forever to open. Sometimes it times out because it is taking too long.

Hope this helps.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-10-31 12:50 ]

On 2008-10-31 12:50, TikiPug wrote:
I'd say it has been over a month. The pages take forever to open. Sometimes it times out because it is taking too long.

Hope this helps.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-10-31 12:50 ]

It totally helps!! Thanks Puggy

O

On 2008-10-31 12:29, 4WDtiki wrote:
I'd say the past month.

Maybe we could do a fundraiser to get a faster server, or whatever it takes?

Hey great idea! I notice that the Grand Memberships all fit on one page? $2.00 a month! I know its asking alot! :wink: Next year I get my red star too. Can't wait to be a Commie! Yay
(BTW Hanford, could I skip the star color next year?)

T

Yes, I'd agree in past month.

Most notably since the last outage a few weeks ago.

I just put some diagnostic tools into TC that hopefully will shed some light on this. I'll keep everyone posted ...

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2008-10-31 15:08 ]

W

I've not noticed any changes...And I'm on dial up. With a Mac that's so old it's actually made of apples.

But the colors of the Tiki Central background look kinda brownish today, and I noticed that there's these new Tikis under the logo but they seem sorta squashed and roundy lookin'. And pirates are wanderin' the streets, but that has nothin' to do with the website.

C
Chub posted on Fri, Oct 31, 2008 7:30 PM

I have both a Mac and PC. TC has been running very slow on both for the last month or two.

Its because these guys are running the server.....

It's running so slow, (How slow is it?) I posted this comment yesterday and it just now showed up.

Now seriously, it's so slow, in the current events side banner, the Ricon Room "Endless Summer" in August, is the top item...

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-11-01 09:33 ]

Its running so slow (how slow is it?) that I just got the post about the grand opening of Don the Beachcomer.

It's going real slow right now...

it's cause y'all think too fast!
Think slower and TC will appear to run fine.....

M
Murph posted on Wed, Nov 5, 2008 2:10 PM

Anyone else finding TikiCentral running slow again?

Never really a problem for me...'cept last night...a little slow. I checked other websites, and they were quick to come up. My DSL gets boggy though, just because of local bandwidth traffic, so who knows.

B

Noticed it slower than normal for the last month ,I'm never really in a hurry but last night was slllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwww..... oh well..

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 6, 2008 11:11 PM

Damned slow TC, making GROG double post.

I tired to log on yesterday and could not access the site.
I'm assuming that was because work was being done to it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

Took almost half a min to get here.

UB

On 2008-11-07 17:01, hiltiki wrote:
Took almost half a min to get here.

Shit! Almost took me three.

Oh, I thought you were talkin booze.

T

If took me forever to get into General Tiki.

J

Running slow as a monkeys ass tonight! ugh!

O

No problems here! No, not because I'm a Grand Member(which you should all be just because), it's because I have cable which is 10 times faster than DSL. So I can safely say
Neener, Neener, Neener!

H
Heath posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 7:17 AM

I have cable also and it's kind of hit and miss.
Although I will say more miss than hit, it may be my computer
which is in dire need of a hard push down a steep flight of stairs.

I have cable access, and a Grand Membership, and its running very slow. Even pages that are almost all text take a god 20-30 seconds to load, It was hit and miss for at least a few weeks, now every time I come on board it is sluggish.
Hanford, stop using the server as a drink cart in your bar! Curacao and lime juice are not the equivalent of engine oil and brake fluid for the computer.

Unfortunately, it seems to be getting worse.

6:30am Thursday,
Wow Hanford, did you throw a turbo on this baby? It's SMOKIN! What ever you did, it works. Thanks again!

Sorry about the slowness guys .... I have been doing some speed testing on it; and I think I have a fix for it, but it might be a while before I can roll it out. Hang in there ....

Thanks Hanford

Speed Update:

Viewing topics should be a whole lot faster now. During a conversation last night with Tai Won On at the Classic Cocktail Crawl he reminded me that I had been having misc. problems with the Ooga-Mooga mug count lookup in the past. It occurred to me that perhaps the technique I was using to look up Ooga-Mooga mug counts when I re-enabled it was slowing down the server.

I did a quick speed tests today and it appears to have been the culprit. So I've disabled the OM Mug count for now.

I'll work with Humu to see if we can figure out a better way to display mug counts that is more efficient!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 9:32 AM

TC running slow for GROG today. Even restarted the computer, and that didn't fix it.

Whoops! Checked some other sites, and they're loading slow, too. So it's the internet running slow. Damned Warner Cable.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-08-10 09:35 ]

Hey Grog if you are using a Router,try restarting it, just pull the power cable out & wait a few seconds then plug back in
most routers don't have a power switch,so this is the only way to resart it.

If you don't have a Router & just a Cable modem,try a restart on that,Use the switch to do so,if it has no switch
use the pulling power cable method.

also do a Virus/Spyware scan with what ever Antivirus software you are using.

Hope that helps....

T

ARRRR! I never even thought of that!
Usually I just have frenzied visions of my fist going through the screen while cackling madly until the thing loads.
Thanks ATP!

On 2010-08-10 20:00, twitch wrote:
ARRRR! I never even thought of that!
Usually I just have frenzied visions of my fist going through the screen while cackling madly until the thing loads.
Thanks ATP!

Wow - I thought I was the only one! We are certainly in a hurry though aren't we?! What did we do without the internet?!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 8:59 AM

Thanks ATP. GROG run Virus scan, and no problems. Internet ran slow all day yesterday. Saw some cable trucks drive by in the neighborhood; they were working on the cable somewhere. Things running normal today.

W

Is your refrigerator running?

On 2010-08-11 08:59, GROG wrote:
Thanks ATP. GROG run Virus scan, and no problems. Internet ran slow all day yesterday. Saw some cable trucks drive by in the neighborhood; they were working on the cable somewhere. Things running normal today.

Just another Sandworm in the wires problem,I bet! or maybe another Zombie attack!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 12:14 PM

TC operating like cold molasses in the winter today. Hopefully it not going to crash again.

O

It's the huge traffic due to the high holidays. Fez-tifus. (For the rest of us).

we even felt (t)hat traffic all the way down here...

An aluminum fez for festivus!!!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies