Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Old Tiki Liquor Bottles

Pages: 1 5 replies

Well it think that these deserve their own post. Not just mine but any all.

Here are some I have found over the past few years.

T

here is mine ....

BB

This Okolehao Decanter thread is different but still related. There's some good stuff in there.

My United Airlines 1974 Hawiian Open Jim Beam bottle that I can't get the stopper back into:

As you can tell from my post in the above mentioned Okolehao thread, I just LOVE old theme liquor bottles -and new ones! You have a very fine collection. Here are the classic Tiki three that belong in this thread:

Strickow, Vic, and Mai Kai

Cocktail mixes are fine, here's a very old one in mini bottle form:

..and this little guy is plastic, but tres cool:

Here is the new version of the old Vic "Suffering Bastard":

...and this is also of recent origin:

Sometimes, liquor bottle archeology can get quite fascinating. Years ago, Jeff Berry gifted me this bottle:

Some time after that, I got this late 50s photo from one of the carvers in the picture:

Unfortunately, he had no idea how their Tiki got on that label! A classic case of "Tiki transmission". :)
Anybody here seen that Tiki on any other printed ephemera? I dimly seem to remember something, but can't pin it down...
(The outrigger, hut and palm trees remind me of images I have seen of Frances Langford's Outrigger restaurant in Florida).

L

Found these at an Estate Sale. They were free because as you all know they technically cannot sell liquor, they have to give it away. I was still glad to pick them up. (Of course I should of used my brains and NOT opened that Mokka Lau bottle. I am not sure my nasal passages will ever recover!)

Pages: 1 5 replies