Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Board Game - Tiki Topple

Pages: 1 10 replies

I

There is a new tiki themed board game out - Tiki Topple.
I haven't purchased or played it yet, but it seems fairly simple, and suitable for families with kids.

Based on the following video, it reminded me a bit of Uno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPLSPAQG5Dg

Still images of the game pieces can be found here (the backs of the playing cards are Party-store tiki style, but the other pieces look much better)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/game/34373

Tiki Topple is endorsed by MENSA, but I somehow doubt they tried playing the game while drunk on mai-tais.

Vern

C

I just bought the game last weekend at a game shop in Santa Barbara. Pretty reasonable for $15. Have not had a chance to try it out yet, possibly this weekend.

The kids at my school love this game!! I've heard lots of kids telling each other that they were going to put it on their list for Santa :)

M

I got this game for Christmas and have played it almost every day since with my 8 and 11 year old. I highly recommend it. It's fast moving and each round only takes about 5 minutes. An entire game can take about 1/2 hour or less.

It's a lot of luck when you play with 4 players, but with 2 players it's very strategic.

It's very well made and sturdy, I think every Tiki freak with Kids needs this game.

C

On 2008-11-03 11:10, ikitnrev wrote:

Tiki Topple is endorsed by MENSA, but I somehow doubt they tried playing the game while drunk on mai-tais.

It's been more than a few years since I was active in Mensa, but the above statement would not apply to any of the mensans I knew. Maybe it was just that the kinds of members who might endorse a game without having tried it drunk on mai-tais never came to my events.

chiwito

The members of my Mensa group say, "Nah, nah, no, no, boo, boo!", whenever they win a hand at this game.

got this game from my older stepkid for Christmas!
Very Fun!
my wife kicks butt at it.
She's won every game!
Played last night with the family
and got smeared!
Made me all HUHU!
:lol:

High-ly recommended!
:)

So...How do you turn it into a drinking game?

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Jan 14, 2009 1:59 AM

This is a fun game and there is also another called Tiki Mountain by Slugfest Games. My kids dig 'em...

Just got Tiki Topple as a present at my annual tiki party (same wonderful gift-givers who once gave me the Trader Vic's Suffering Bastard checker set!)

This game is great!!!! Good for family AND for two drunk on mai tai couples!

On 2013-08-08 09:38, The Granite Tiki wrote:
Just got Tiki Topple as a present at my annual tiki party (same wonderful gift-givers who once gave me the Trader Vic's Suffering Bastard checker set!)

This game is great!!!! Good for family AND for two drunk on mai tai couples!

I picked up mine at a thrift store last year... makes a good drinking game :)

Pages: 1 10 replies