Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rusty Key Luau - Friday - Nov. 21 - virani/Haole Kats/Crazed Mugs

Pages: 1 23 replies

P

Aloha.
Friday, Nov. 21.

Always a good menu, complete with vegetarian fare.
Always some great bowls for your sampling pleasure.
(No, Kinny, not those kind of bowls.)
(well... not advertised anyway.)

And some of the best live acoustic music at a back yard luau you're bound to hear anywhere. virani will be playing some selections from his forthcoming CD.

There are some free lodging options for a select few.

Contact me at [email protected] so we can plan accordingly.

I'd like a few sampler bowls please! :lol:
Dang! Gotta vend at Damon's Tiki Magazine Release party
on the 21st! Put me down for the next time!
Pablus rocks the HIZZY!

And and I are in! This sounds like a lot of fun!

Check your pm's...... gota couple questions for ya.

I'd give anything.

Especially with this god-awful weather in the 30's already.

Pour a drink for my tiki Pablus, tell the Kats I miss them and have one hell of a good time for me.

So wish I could be there.

I'll be there in spirit!!

My mother in-law is in town. So .... any excuse to get out of here! I'll be there!

P

Oh no.
People from Sarasota.

I heard about ya'll down there. Your clowns and your opera.
And your opera clowns.

HK

just a few days now.....Had a great time in the studio y'day! I can't wait to hear how everything comes out.

Chip-n-Andy?!? Alright! We miss our South Florida Ohana!

What time do the festivities begin?

P

When the torches are lit - the mana flows.

Roughly translated that's 7-ish.

G

Sorry I can't be there, wish I could. But I will put on a Crazed Mug tune and raise a mug in a generally westerly direction at 7-ish.

o.k . I am going to try and broadcast this tonight.

http://www.justin.tv/bohemiann

results may vary!

Starting...........NOW!

6:20 p.m. EST

p.s. I may act like a clown but ...I will not burst into any opera. promise._______________

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-11-21 16:46 ]

S

Fantastic! Great sound even!

Great luau!

I tuned in a couple times Friday night to make me forget that the temperature outside my house was 14 degrees.

Pablus, I really enjoyed the tunes, especially the one you described as the song that kept you sane on you travel around the globe.
If anywhere you have a MP3 or MP4 of that I would love to put it on my Ipod for carving inspiration. A beautiful song.
Let me know and I can give you an email address.

My mouth watered as you went to go mix a batch of Scorpions.

Looked like a really fun time and I'm sure Rusty was smiling down and enjoying every minute of it!

And mahalo to you, Bohemiann, for providing great access to the party!

S

Yeah, it kept me up too late and made me want to drink too much...

Bohemiann, thanks again. That spot was great and I heard every song and even a lot of the conversations. Really put me right back there again.

And call me. You said you had something about the Mai Kai?

Thanks for an awesome time Pablus!

I must admit...I felt the sting of the Scorpion! A big thank you to my friend Chris who was my Designated Driver. Lake & Swanky, I'm glad the broadcast went well enough and you were able to join us, it was a little dark. It was great to see everyone and meet some new peeps. Hopefully I left gracefully before my overindulgence settled in, it was a rough ride home and this mornings pain reminded me of how old I am and the importance of sticking to my prescribed quota. Ah..well, I'll just keep practicing. At least I did not end up in the pool.

What great music, atmosphere, food, drink, friends, and stories!

Pics coming as soon as I can focus again.

Mahalo!

P

That was the best luau ever here.
It will never be beaten and possibly never duplicated.
You know. Fresh fruit juice really does wonders for the "next morning."

When virani did Moon Over Manakoora on the theremin with Kanekila and Josh - it was pure magic. That one's going to be on his new CD and I can't wait for it to get finished.

I'm glad some of you got to enjoy it with us.
I wish you could have been here for many reasons, one of them being we had a canoeload of food and drinks left over.

The perfect touch of the night was the cedar fire going in the little copper fireplace. A fireplace is cool because you know that's where all the girls are going to be. And Kanekila. :wink:

HK

That was a wonderful time! We certainly had a little magic happening on Manakoora....great job, Virani.

As always, there was plenty of great food and company. I'm adopting Pete as my new Dad. That guy is cool.

Thanks again, Pablus. Looking forward to the next time!

Oh yeah - Onyabarri needs a Bass. A little birdie told me.

K

Amazing time.

Thank you pablus for hosting yet another great time. Food and libation were all top shelf. Also, Virani, it was a great pleasure to play on your CD. I wish y'all could have heard "Moon Of Manakoora" done live at the Rusty Key with Virani on Theremin. It was sublime...

Looking forward to the next one. If it's cold and there needs to be a fire, that's OK. More pretty girls for me to stand next to.

:)

V

I had a fantastic time at Pablus house. Thanks again for hosting so well, thanks also to the Haole Kats and the Lost Idols, you are marvelous musicians...

Pics soon, hello ?

Finally!

All the images and a slideshow can be viewed here:
http://go11media.smugmug.com/gallery/6899216_6oqKR/1/441403808_8T5NN

K

Wow -- awesome pics, and the video slide show was great! Thanks for putting that all together. It was a truly great evening.

Mele Kalikimaka!

V

Wow, I love the slideshow, and the pics are fantastic. Thanks a lot.

Pages: 1 23 replies