Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Party at "Spermy's Blowhole" SATURDAY DECEMBER 13, 2008

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

Blowhole parties are always the Bomb-Diggity and last night was no exception! Thanks Spermy and Whale Rider for another kick-ass time!!

That was the single best party I have ever been to. That party was a perfect symbol of why I love tiki... amazing people, outstanding food, extraordinary cocktails, killer music and a blissful atmosphere that you can get lost within for days in a couple hours. So great to finally meet everyone, and wow did I meet so many! Amazing.

JB

Mahalos Scott and Laura. T'was Paradise! (pix forthcoming)

Wonderful to see everyone!

T

All I can is F*ckin A !!! (Me being from New York and all)

What a great house. Man, that room in the back....if it was in my house, I'd never leave. Inspiration for sure. I'm thinkin' I'd write some really cool music in a room like that. Amazing !

Awesome party,. Great Food (Slow Roasted Pork!) great drinx, great peeps, great music....Don Brewski on the drums and JP on bass with the boardwalkers....what more can ya ask for ?

Thanx Scott and Laura for being such great hosts with much Aloha.

So, when's the next one ? :o

H

Thanks Scott and Laura, incredible party as usual! You both Rock! Your house just keeps mutating for the better each time we see it. The Tiki Diablo additions are just amazing and your fireplace is so cool that I want to jump into it! AND The fact that you timed your party to go with the peak of the Geminid Meteor Shower was just over the top! Watching the shooting stars right over the great Insect Surfers was simply awesome. And thank you Ron for the Drifters Reefs, they were delicious and packed a serious wallop!

WOW!

Mucho Mahalo!

K&K

Hey Scott and Laura, thanks so much for opening up the invite to your home. I had a fab time meeting a bunch of TC peeps. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! Thanks Al for the dance! Hard not to get out there and move with that music. Great music, food, cocktails. . . and your home is really awesome and inspired me to get more done on my place! By the way I left my red bowl (mango salsa) and Trader Joe's bag behind when I left. I'll catch up with you as soon as I can to get them, 'k?
Mahalo again and Mele Kalikimaka to you guys!

J
JOBU posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 10:19 AM

Awesome Drinks
Awesome Food
Awesome House
Awesome Bands
Awesome Hosts
AWESOME PARTY
Thanks Scott and Laura

Scott & Laura - Mahalo, Merci, Muchas Gracias, & Thank You for opening your house to everyone. Your place is AWESOME!!! :)

R

Kick ass party, Scott and Laura.

I knew that when I made the last-minute decision to just keep on driving up the 405 after getting off the Christmas Party Boat in Dana Point late last night, that your party would still be going full-strength. And, Hot Damn if it wasn't.

Great Drinks, Great Music, Great People. It was awesome to mingle around and talk to so many of my tiki friends, both new and old. It's always cool to be able to show up to a party (even very late) and still have the house packed.

Scott & Laura, you guys are the best AlohaBro & Sis a guy could have.

What the heck? Isn't there someone who has a picture or two they can post for all the sad folks who missed out (like me) who couldn't be there last night?

On 2008-12-14 11:31, DawnTiki wrote:
What the heck? Isn't there someone who has a picture or two they can post for all the sad folks who missed out (like me) who couldn't be there last night?

It's still fairly early, and there are, I'm SURE, lots of Hangovers goin on'....

Hangovers and technology don't mix.

I think we will all be repeating the same things......great food, music, and people. Mahalo to Scott & Laura for another great party. We got home about 4am and I need a nap. For now here are some photos for those that could not attend...

The Boardwalkers started things off early with some mellow surf sounds. Hope they record something soon. The psych-surf sounds of the Insect Surfers really got things going while I tended bar and Mrs. Fury helped as garnish girl. The Drifters Reef cocktail was well received so I will post the recipe soon for all to enjoy.

Friends came from near and as far away as San Diego, Washington, and the North Pole!

......and to all a good night.....

OH MY GOD!! I had such a great time last night! I just want to Thank All of our Guests for making our party so much fun!! Thanks to all of the bartenders, food bringers, gift givers, and just everyone in general for making last night freakin awesome! Thanks to Big Tiki Dude for helping with the BBQ and helping us prepare for everything. The bands were off the hook. Everybody that attended really knows what ALOHA is all about!! Everybody's good vibes is what makes me feel HAPPY!! Oh yeah and the meteor shower was really breathtaking. Laura and I want to Thank You All.

Now I am drinking some beer and got to clean this house....I need a maid!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 1:23 PM

Thanks Spermy and Laura for an awesome time at your beautiful house.
To all the bartenders making such tasty drinks---DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!

I've been to some good parties this year and some great ones, last night lands in the Great One category. Here are some of the delicious drinks I had last night I think I had 2 of each + some others. I'm not moving very fast today.

The Boardwalkers

The Insect Surfers

Spermy shakes it up!

It was also nice to see Trader Pup.

Thank you Spermy and Whale Rider!

K

Great party!

A few random shots....

Damn was that last nite? jeez, tempus fugit! Wishing you both the greenest of seasons. -Hodad Hank & Pakalo Lolita

JB

Sweet Bella Lugosi's Ghost! Jim, I am totally buying you some spray-on bronzer for Christmas.

O M G !!!!! I had the best time ever!!!!! It was awsome seeing everyone!!! Thanks sooooooo much for coming!!!! Scott and I got up this morning and started to clean.... I'm think I'm still drunk.... then we started drinking again.... we killed the keg.... DOH!!!! I love all you guys sooooo much. I miss everyone that I haven't seen lately. Thanks to all the new TC folks who came and made our holiday luau great!!! Love you all!!!! L

K
kirby posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 5:44 PM

What a great time thanks for the awesome party...

K

That's not all he's got.

GREAT PARTY!
Thanks Scott and Laura, friends, bands, bartenders and all. We had a great time, it was nice to be able to come with the whole family and have a great time. Had to bail out pretty early to make the drive down safely, so I see I missed some dogbytey friends...

See you next time,
Ran

D

spermy & laura ~ you're the hostesses with the mostesses! the party was totally worth the 1145.38 mile drive from seattle!!

i have some incriminating pictures of the bedroom party, but i think this is supposed to be an "all ages" message board.. so, Johnny Velour, i'll just post them on Facebook.

Ran, im sorry we missed you and the family!! my fault for getting to beth & david's late/eating a huge meal... and tell your sister, someday i'll meet her too!

Kirby, your coconut monkey pendants are the most awesome ever!!

And the award for Party of The Year goes to.....

Scott & Laura were the' gracious hosts of the evening.Everything clicked-
the vibe , the people, the music and the great tiki ambiance.Thanks so much
for inviting me to your very cool tiki crib and congrats on your spread in Tiki mag.
Aloha to my new friends
Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-12-14 23:47 ]

TM

On 2008-12-14 15:15, hodadhank wrote:

Sweet Bella Lugosi's Ghost! Jim, I am totally buying you some spray-on bronzer for Christmas.

It's Paul Castellano!!

TM

Tikiyaki!!!! The Godfather of Exotica!!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-15 09:47 ]

Bummed i missed out on the festivities! Just got the new issue of Tiki Mag in the mail and wanted to say congrats on the article, your pad is truly amazing!

C

Thanks for your hospitality! You have one truly amazing place -- it was an incredible party, including great drinks, food, bands and people! We had a lot of fun.

I concur with everyone here: Spermy's place was AMAZING, the party was fun, the food was great, the drinks got the woman drunk, the bands were killer, the people I spoke to were cool & Jim kinda looks like Paul Castellano on his way from the Sparks Steakhouse. :wink:

Ugh I'm still feeling kinda Grogy after the party.
what an amazing night,pad,food,drinks,bands,gang of TC folks and Friends of Spermy and Laura, and thanks for letting me crash there.
I was actually sobering up by the time everybody left,
but I was so exhausted after spending the day walking around at the Mooneyes carshow/drag races. then coming to your pad early.
I think I was out in 2 min, after I laid down.

damn I missed the meteorite shower.

thanks to you guys for opening up your great house to us all.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Scott and Laura, thanks for hosting such as awesome party! The ohana spirit is strong in Hawthorne! It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new folks.

I'm going through party withdrawals... do you mind if you guys host another this weekend? I'm just saying...

yeah thats funny.
If there was a party at Scott and Larua's every weekend.
I would never go to other tiki or surf events.
;-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JB

On 2008-12-14 12:22, bongofury wrote:
The Drifters Reef cocktail was well received so I will post the recipe soon for all to enjoy.

I look forward to that. What a great cocktail....wish I had one right now!

yeah I agree,
the Drifters Reef was a very good drink.
Strong too.
on Par with Ran(Kick the Reverb's)drinks.
Kudos Bongofurry.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Ive gotten several requests on my holiday ceviche recipe . I actually had to write it out once at the party for someone . Im glad you liked it along with the homemade chips . I think Crazy Al was the biggest fan of my chips that night . Heres the recipe.
10 limes
at least 4 kinds of fish ( I used salmon , red snapper , albacore , mahi mahi , tilapia and some crabflake )
1/2 large red onion
Garlic powder to taste ( I use a lot )
1 cucumber peeled
4 stalks of celery
4 roma tomatos ( they are firmer)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 medium bottle of spicy Clamato juice.
1 large pack of Guerrero corn tortillas
Roll the limes hard on a table with your palm to loosen the juice . Then cut in half and squeeze as much as you can . Cut all the fish up in 1/2 inch chunks and throw it in the limejuice and mix . The citrus actually cooks and tenderizes the fish . Cut all the vegetables the same way and add it in .Chop up the cilantro and sprinkle it in with your garlic powder. Then add enough Clamato to wet the mix down .Stir it up good and put in the fridge . Dont serve for a least an hour so it all gets flavored.
Half fill a deep skillet with corn oil and turn up the flame all the way . Take tortillas out of wrapper and slice the stack all the way down like your cutting a pizza . Fry a stack at a time in the oil turning them a few times . When they get brown enough , remove them and put them in a bowl with paper towels . IMMEDIATELY salt them while they are hot and wet to get the salt to stick . Dont tell anyone you are making it cause they wont save any for you . Enjoy !

Thanks Ray!! Yummy Stuff!!

On 2008-12-16 09:48, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Ive gotten several requests on my holiday ceviche recipe . I actually had to write it out once at the party for someone.

That would have been me! I'm actually going to eat my attempt at this tonight (setup the fish in the lime juice last night). I'm sure it won't be nearly as good, but I'm excited to get close.

O

I'll post some pictures but for now here is a video of Spermy's Blow Hole Saturday December 13, 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3UdXpKHlRo

O

Great Pix! Mahalos again to Scott & Laura for another great party. Wonderful people. Mrs. Fury said we served 75-80 of these...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30766&forum=10&start=last&0

Go make one for yourself now! Aloha

JB

Thank you Bongofury...that was a wonderful drink!

gotta love the old school x-mas lights on the tree.

sniff sniff, I miss ours.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 18, 2008 10:04 AM

GROG not remember most of those pictures GROG was in and half the people in all the others.

DAMN YOU BARTENDERS TO HELL!!!

On 2008-12-18 10:04, GROG wrote:
GROG not remember most of those pictures GROG was in and half the people in all the others.

DAMN YOU BARTENDERS TO HELL!!!

Grog look excited all RED in certain picture (s)....

I

Damn.
missed another one.

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies