Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki Trav - Now Living on a Tropical Island

Pages: 1 33 replies

TT

Well the reason I have not been on TC much of late is because I have indeed moved to an island on a coral reef on the Great Barrier Reef of Australia! I am now living and working at Heron Island Resort, an incredibly beautiful place surrounded by the most insane animal life on the planet, you can swim right off the jetty to one of the top 5 snorkeling/dive sites in the world and have been swimming with sharks, 8ft diameter manta rays and massive turtles just in the last few days as well as watching the annual green turtle egg laying on the beach, it is like living in "finding nemo".. The Island is a 2hour cat ride from the mainland or a little over 30 mins by helicopter and it takes about 30 mins to walk completely around the island, nice. planning to be here for a while to save some dough and pay some mounting bills which should be very achievable with the free accom/food and no expenses like cars,gas,phone etc.. there is no cell service here and one staff computer which is impossible to get on so it can be hard to stay in touch particularly with Sarah but hopefully we can get her out here to live it up for a while too.. there is currently no tiki here but gonna get started on some carving as soon as i can get some chisels out here.. anyways.. here are a few pics..
Trav

WOW! Thanks for posting. You are living the dream.

Trav, you're living every tiki carver's dream!

Don't get voted off the island. :wink:

Ho brah! thats one isolated rock! What an awesome way to pass some days. Post more pics when you can.

WooooHoooo!!! Good Luck to you in your New Adventure :)

Awesome. Let's see some carvings!

TT

Here are a few more random pics....

H

Tiki Trav can you take some pictures of the island itself? like the vegetation etc.

Trav, you need one of these:

Here's you in a couple years:

:lol:

Lucky Bastard
so what do you do for work?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

He probably samples those umbrella drinks and slathers lotion on the girls all day.

TT

My job here is "public areas officer" and "houseman" which is basically blasting the shit from the some 400,000 birds from the sidewalks and collecting laundry in the little buggy as the girls change linen in the rooms, However I may soon be "staff services administrator" but will fill in the details if i can pull it off...
Then of course there is the cocktail sipping and lotion application technician roles which are my primary responsibilities clearly.

Box up and ship them floats and rope!

Work-Smurk
How's the surf?

On 2008-11-23 23:07, Alii Tiki wrote:
Work-Smurk
How's the surf?

and the turf! :D

From those pics, it's like you're livin in Nature's window.

Have fun.

lucky!
bet England land misses you!

On 2008-11-28 19:00, little lost tiki wrote:
lucky!
bet England land misses you!

England??
your Crazy,'
he's from New Zealand silly.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TT

some more pics!
yes...i went fishing..

HOT DAMN, even the fish are exotic, see the nose ring. heheh. Jungle want to party with that fish.

C

You hooked um up proper! What is that pink nose ring fish called? The other one looks like a shark of some kind or a skate. Did you throw them on the grille?

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 1:27 AM

Looks sweet mate, very nice :D

T

Ahhhhhhhh Paka, wants to go fishing with you! That slime on your hands reminds me of the good old days. Taking nasty ass eels off the line. :lol: Now show us some pictures of you at the beach! And turn the camera on that other person there. Wow now thats paradise!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 3:01 AM

What are those, Red Snapper and a Guitarfish?!

Man, you eat that Guitarfish? You catch it, you clean it bro! I say cut the line!

And what's up with that tan, Casper the Friendly Ghost?

TT

The slime on my hands is squid ink mostly and general fish guts, the fish is a "red throat" or "lipper", the big thing is a "shovel nosed ray", front part ray, back part shark, they mostly eat shrimp (prawn) type stuff from the bottom.. they are protected here so threw it back after we got out the hook, ate the lipper... good times...

working on the tan...but may just get more tattoos and never worry about a tan again!

Looks like paradise, Trav! Post more pics when you get a chance and stay clear of those Stingrays.....rumor has it, they're not fond of Aussies.

We're teaching Sarah to sail so she can commandeer a sailboat and come visit you. Here's Capm' Sarah at the tiller:

It was all fun and games until we docked and found the secret gift that one of these two girls left in the "liquid only" head. Not cool, man. I've heard of "piss drunk", but never.....well, you get the idea.

O

Never mind the sights, lets see the women you hoser!

K

sweet dude. Man how long u living there? i can just see you creating a most excelent tiki bar there .keep the pics coming

O

Still waiting!

TT

ok ok.... here are some pics from Australia Day and yes there are some with girls in em.....

H
harro posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2009 1:39 AM

ahh now thats Aust Day. Thanks for again making me question why Im in freezing London and not back home in Qld...

I hope that Lotion Therapist opens up for ya Trav. Just tell managment your ambidextrous and your uncle owns a lotion factory.

On 2008-12-01 01:17, Tiki Trav wrote:
some more pics!
yes...i went fishing..

How did you get that Bartail Goatfish to wear sunglasses?

TT

borrowed 'em from yo momma!

K

nice australia day dude

Pages: 1 33 replies