Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Official Announcement - Hukilau 2009 June 11 - 14!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 196 replies

Ok all you beachcombers, beatniks, bongo-beaters, tiki-carvers, mixologists, and exotica disciples from around the globe - grab your conch shell, grass skirt, aloha wear and that favorite bottle of rum and begin to prepare yourself for the 8th annual pilgrimage to most intimate Tiki festival in the world.

Announcing…

It’s time to make those plans to attend what promises to be a most memorable Polynesian Pop weekend as Tikiphiles unite!! We’re pleased to announce the entertainers that will bring you intoxicating tunes, the dazzlers that will provide mesmerizing performances, the seminars and presentations that will leave you spellbound and of course an incredible night at the historic Mai-Kai Restaurant! The full weekend’s schedule goes live in January. DON’T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR MAI-KAI RESERVATIONS NOW – FOR THOSE FIRST TIMERS, THE MAI-KAI DINNER IS JUNE 13 – YOU’LL HAVE 2 SHOWS TO CHOOSE FROM AND CAN CALL 954.563.3272 TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY  

We are responding to the strain on the economy, as we know it’s on everyone’s mind. Check out our ticket and hotel room prices for some big discounts this coming year – our weekend passes are considerably less and a great value!! Don’t delay and get your tickets now - prices go up 3/1/09!!  

We are so pleased to announce this year’s Headliner

Los Straitjackets!

Set Sail on the 3 Hour Tour Aboard the Tikki Beach Yacht – only 65 tickets remain!

Harold Golen Gallery of Miami presents the Hukilau Tiki Art Show

We have many first time guests to Hukilau as well as many return presenters and performers:

Please welcome these First Time Entertainers to our Island:
*From Beyond: Los Straitjackets
*From Tampa: The Stolen Idols
*From Boca Raton: Gypsy Blue Acoustic Revue
*From Miami: The Van Orsdels
*From Tampa: DJ Lounge Laura Taylor
*From Miami: DJ Laura of Miami
*The Titillating Tidbits of Dancers Candy Del Rio and Sable Sin Cyr

and of course the first ever Hukilau Room Crawl!!

Those returning to Hukilau:
*King Kukulele returns as Master of Ceremonies
*Jeff “Beachbum” Berry with “Who’s Your Daddy?” a Mai-Tai Paternity Test
*Jeff Chenault with “More Sounds from Sophisticated Savages” Exotica Music Seminar
*Marina the Mermaid and her school of tail flapping beauties
*Surf Sounds of The Intoxicators

This year’s activities will be centered around the tropical Bahia Cabana Resort. Lots of activities will be in the summer sun so please plan accordingly. Check out our Tips From the Natives on the site so that you can be prepared for South Florida weather. All events will continue rain or shine.  

Look for upcoming sculpts of the 2009 Munktiki Mug and we are also thrilled to announce that Tiki Tony will lend us a hand by designing the official Tiki pendant for Hukilau 2009! Hukilau Glassware, T-shirts and other keepsakes will be available at the event only – Hukilau merchandise will not be sent out this year (before or after the event) but can be reserved and picked up at the event only.

Thanks to the lovely wahine Heelgrinder for the amazing website and to all of our entertainers that have shared their music to be played as you browse the site.

See you in June 2009 – we’ll be waiting for you! Let the countdown begin!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
TheHukilau.com

H
haikai posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 1:36 PM

Juhu! That sounds great! I just arrived back from Florida and hope I will make it again next year.
Bahia Cabanaball! :)

TL

That's great news. The Straitjackets are incredible live. Hope I can finally make it this year.

I'll be making some announcements on the room crawl after Jan 1st in their own thread, so keep your eyes out.

Just a heads up, if you'd like to host a room, we ask that you stay at the Cabana.

More to come soon!!

We have fliers and ads!

Help us spread the word by posting on your Web sites, Myspace or Facebook. We'll host the images, just link 'em up. Here are some various other sizes:
http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/fliers/
Scroll to the bottom for sample code if you're unsure how to post.

We also have thousands of printed fliers to pass out. If you think you can help out - especially if you live in Florida, send a personal message or e-mail [email protected] and I'll hook you up.

Posters coming soon!

Yea baby ! I got mine and they are spreading like a virus along the West Coast of Fla.!

Thanks Jim!

This is the year to introduce friends to the scene !

I started a Facebook group - The Hukilau - go on facebook, plug it in, and join.

I will be posting previous Hukilau images and Slideshows there.

The local Dive bar has 320 members and if The Hukilau group cant get more than that....well, I'll be shamed. Plus I heard there are virgins posting there!

Don't be selfish!
Share the wealth!

Hey! Vendors!

I was going to get a room to vend, but now the Cabana is sold out.....

can I work out a deal with you and put some of my fashions in your vending room?

Andy,

There's actually several spots available as we are also selling tables both under and on the above deck poolside. Let us know if you're interested by emailing [email protected]

Is the official schedule going to be posted in the near future? I need to make my travel plans and reservations soon.

The schedule will be announced no later than Wednesday of this week. Sorry for the delays - just finalizing everything!

Mahalo for your patience!

Southwest Airlines is running a sale so I just got roundtrip tickets to Fla. for just over $200. Anyone planning to fly might want to do some shopping before the sale ends in a couple days.

Hukilai fliers (and hopefully posters) will be available at The Mai-Kai next Friday when The Disasternauts invade The Molokai. Major helpers will receive free passes.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31250&forum=4&8

The full schedule has been posted:
http://www.thehukilau.com/2009/schedule.htm
There's a downloadable PDF too.

And this just in: The Disasternauts have added a second night to their Mai-Kai stand so we'll be there with fliers on Saturday as well if anyone's interested.

L

Check out the official mug! They are only making 300 and you can pre order yours now.

Pretty sweet.

PI

I'm just sitting here at work, wishing that the Hukilau was this weekend. I'm ready for it NOW. If I didn't have relatives visiting for the next 3 weeks, I would just leave work and head down the coast.

All merch goes live in May so keep an eye out or sign up for news.

I'm getting excited too! Can't wait!

"Los Straitjackets,those rockabilly mysteriosos, headline"

wow that's funny,
I wonder if they know they are Rockabilly now.
:roll:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Rockabilly, Surf - just glad to see it! And they sure are glad to be on board. Eddie Angel is bringing the entire family!

Thanks for posting C&A!!

to get nit picky about it,
the LSJ's don't like to be called surf either,
they are American instrumentalists.

I know, silly isn't it.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Darn, the Tiki Cruise is sold out. Anyone got any extra tickets they'd be willing to sell to me? PM or email me (kosmonaut at geeee-male dot com.)

PI

5 weeks to go!

That's right, 5 weeks from today! I can't wait either!

I can't wait until the drinkin' begins, I guess I should buy my tickets. See you there TK.

Just wait 'til you guys see the mug!! The sculpt was amazing but the finished product is an absolute stunner! Merch gets announced this coming week!!

Literally chomping at the bit!

TK

are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet??

Eddie Angel played in Nashville Sunday night....that just got me warmed up for the Hukilau.

Wish I could make it this year.

I need a Mai Kai visit bad.

On 2009-05-09 16:29, talo ka wrote:
are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet??

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TK

time is moving soooooo slowwww.

OK, some of you are already packing.... ok a couple of you have already packed. You can admit it, we won't make fun of you. Much.

Anyway.... our summer has come a bit early this year. That means you really, really, really need to bring the sunscreen.

Really!

You may think its no problem, but you are so going to hurt when you are five shades of red.

And I am so going to slap you on your sun-burnt back and say "Hey! How's it going?" and then step quickly out of the way of you trying to punch me in the nose!

To our Hukilau Vendors- The official 3-week newsletter and information sheet will be available by Thursday morning, so look out for it! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Aloha.. Basement Kahuna

On 2009-05-18 13:27, Chip and Andy wrote:....our summer has come a bit early this year. That means you really, really, really need to bring the sunscreen.

Really!

You may think its no problem, but you are so going to hurt when you are five shades of red.

I plan on only being awake when the sun is down. lol

On 2009-05-18 13:27, Chip and Andy wrote:
Anyway.... our summer has come a bit early this year.

Oh, so YOU'RE the ones bogarting all the summer....

We're still waiting for consistent above 60 degree weather here in the northeast...

On 2009-05-19 12:27, leisure master wrote:

On 2009-05-18 13:27, Chip and Andy wrote:
Anyway.... our summer has come a bit early this year.

Oh, so YOU'RE the ones bogarting all the summer....

We're still waiting for consistent above 60 degree weather here in the northeast...

We're not bogarting it..... you were asleep when the nice lady came down the aisle and asked if you would like some summer. We told her not to wake you because you were doing that cute little thing where your nose twitches when you dream.

I'll tell you what, since you were asleep when she came around and missed it.... you can half of mine. I only ate off the one side.

Not to be to current in these posts but watch out tomorrow LM its gonna get hot - u may have to move theTriple R outside into courtyard or get them AC's ready! cu at elliteria.

All you huki peeps have a couple mai tais for me! and a test pilot at Mai Kai!

I actually started packing a few weeks ago. I am pretending it's in two weeks just because. Ooooh and a Warm up at the soon to be Wrecked this Fri!

POLY POP LIVING ((Fine Art show)) at HUKILAU 2009
Opening Night Reception:
Thursday, June 11th / 6pm-7:30pm

[ Edited by: HAROLDGOLENGALLERY 2009-05-19 22:49 ]

POLY POP LIVING ((Fine Art Show)) at HUKILAU 2009
Featuring: DEREK YANIGER Book Signing
Friday, June 12th/ 11am-1pm
Come meet DEREK in person and have him sign his new book, WILDSVILLE !
Derek's book will be available there for purchase!

[ Edited by: HAROLDGOLENGALLERY 2009-05-19 22:46 ]

[ Edited by: HAROLDGOLENGALLERY 2009-05-19 22:50 ]

POLY POP LIVING ((Fine Art Show)) at HUKILAU 2009
Contact the HAROLD GOLEN GALLERY for more info

Anybody messes with Leisure Master, messes with the Q first!

Leisure Master...I got your back!

PI

Getting closer!!!!

Less than 3 weeks away!! Whew! I'm not getting any sleep right now but it will be worth it!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Here's the latest and greatest ad ...

More to share here:
http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/fliers/index.html

Sweet!

We are kickin' peeps in the rear around here and should have a nice contingent coming from "SorrySota" and the Fla. West Coast.

You can sleep after Hukilau! I have been packing for weeks and I'm not even close to ready!

Heading to the Booze shop to stock up and take advantage of Memorial Day sales!

Stolen Idols are very psyched to be playing Hukilau this year! For a preview, here are some new Youtube videos:

Leyte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EMjTknIj0

Busy Port:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raPGPcL7d7c

On Green Dolphin Street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeZyAGnuRwY

Cool Mambo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyy2hJJJfWg

Also, check out our myspace site, which includes some recent audio additions:

http://www.myspace.com/stolenidolsexotica

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-05-25 16:21 ]

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-05-25 16:22 ]