Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Turbogod

Pages: 1 6 replies

I
Ikit posted on Thu, Mar 20, 2003 7:34 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you made this:

I like it a lot and noticed it looks like your wood Tiki:

Which I also like a lot. I was just curious if this design has a past or not.

Thanks, I made the Moai for an animated Christmas Card in Flash this year. Was going to try and animate some flash cartoons but been pretty busy lately. Plus I need some story ideas and better flash skills. WHen I started carving the Tiki, I was following some of Gecko's advice and sketched him out. More and more I found my Tiki taking the shape he eventually became. BTW he is a little inspired by Bert from Sesame Street. Hmmm

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-03-20 22:20 ]

I
Ikit posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2003 12:52 AM

LOL@Bert from Sesame Street. I like the style a lot. Would you mind if I used the "No cheek" style? Great look. Keep it up.

T

I wouldn't mind. Cheeks, no Cheeks. I didn't invent the Moai. It's all in the Eyes. Heh heh heh.

I
Ikit posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2003 9:47 AM

I have played with Flash but never got good enough at it. I would like to see some more Tiki Flash though. Maybe a splash screen for your web page?

Ikit,
Huh. Read my mind. Just finished a flash intro on my site featuring a remix I did of the War Chant in my home studio. It's only 1 verse, don't won't to mak edial ups connections suffer. Check it out here. This is based on the MD/VA?DC Tikiphiles Website logo of which I am an Admin.

I
Ikit posted on Sun, Mar 23, 2003 8:24 PM

WOW! That is nice! I like the song a lot.

Great job!

Pages: 1 6 replies