Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Mug in central Illinois

Pages: 1 17 replies

W
wjake posted on Fri, Dec 19, 2008 5:18 AM
T

I would be pretty stoked to see that on my local news! Even though some of the info. they say isn't correct and they keep calling the mug ugly, they at least did show a few cool pictures. Actually, that mug is a bit ugly but it is very well done and a very original design.
Interesting story. Thanks for the post!!

the unfortunate side of this is that now the word gets out and every antique dealer or shop owner starts looking at their tiki mugs in the shop in a whole new light...the best part of the steve crane mugs series is that most are not obvious tiki looking mugs....which means they often get passed over in the shops and flea markets by the uninitiated in terms of buyers and sellers as well...the eagle bowl is a perfect example...looks nothing like a tiki, yet it is one of the rarest steve crane mugs and probably the most valuable....all this t.v. news show has done is open the eyes of more folks to tiki and that means we will be finding less mugs in the wild and higher prices on the ones we do find...

I'm going to jack the bid up super high, win, and then not pay.

That will teach them...

Best thing is they cannot give me a negative fedback!
Buzzy Out!

A

On 2008-12-19 08:32, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
I'm going to jack the bid up super high, win, and then not pay.

That will teach them...

Yeah! That's the holiday spirit. Screw the charity!

Oh man!!! I love that the mug has been floating around the office for the last 10 years and no one wanted it.
Aloha,
:tiki:

On 2008-12-19 07:48, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

...all this t.v. news show has done is open the eyes of more folks to tiki and that means we will be finding less mugs in the wild and higher prices on the ones we do find...

Maybe all the old Steve Crane mugs will now suddenly emerge and hit ebay all at once, flooding the market and lowering the price!

I guess I'm one of those "ooga-mooga's out there".

Hey wJake!
Thanks for the link and info!
My sister lives in Champaign
and i grew up in Danville...
parents still live there!
How funny that them folks been
handing it around their office so long...
In Central illinois,there ain't much tiki or quality news
so it's nice to see a tiki-related feature!

i just sent my parents and sister each
the latest copy of Tiki magazine
Expect a second wave....
:)

On 2008-12-19 16:34, Tiki Royale wrote:
Oh man!!! I love that the mug has been floating around the office for the last 10 years and no one wanted it.

Yeah, it's pristine. I dunno how that happened...

W

On 2008-12-20 10:29, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey wJake!
Thanks for the link and info!
My sister lives in Champaign
and i grew up in Danville...
parents still live there!

Hey LLT! Dad grew up in Danville, I grew up in Rantoul, live in a small town between Rantoul and Urbana right now. You're not a VanDyke are you...? :wink:

I was just shocked that they had the wherewithal to check the value of it. I hope they make a bunch of money for their charity.

how the hell did jet sterling,java,ted tiki and patty , scott and amanda from furniture lounge, and my wife and i miss this?....and yeah, those are all tiki central folks from the champaign area....wow good for them, sucks for me....hey llt, if your ever out this way visiting, pm me, you can stop by my tiki room (see old thread:http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28853&forum=1 )....ah danville, or deadville as we call it....my band played there a couple times a few years back...its sad what that town has become.

Rad....
Well, i don't get out there too often
but next time i visit my sissy
I'll throw out the word!
Would love to see some down-home tiki domains!
Yeah, mom and dad say Danville has taken a turn for the worse these
past 10 years...
Go Vikings!
:)

and Dick and Jerry Van Dyke DID go to my alma mater
at Danville High School
but that was years before ...
a long time ago....

oh and wjake where are you from? thanks for posting this, great to hear another tikiphile is in central illinois,we'll have to meet up sometime next year and talk tiki....my wife and i just had our 2nd child in dec.19th, so it might be a bit, but pm me for sure.

S

of COURSE some person like that ends up with a Steve Crane mug!

Sigh.

Suzanne

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Gag Gift !!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Thank you for sharing the ugly mug video, I really enjoyed watching it. Too bad the mug was cracked and chipped after rotating for so long in their office.

that's the thing, though. It doesn't seem to be all cracked and chipped. In looking at the photos from the ebay auction, it looks in really good condition.

It's a holiday miracle...

Pages: 1 17 replies